“Great Place To Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Loveland
“Great Place To Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

The Hanging Lake Inn In Glenwood Springs, is a great place to stay. Rates are reasonable
and it is in a beautiful sitting. Nice area to sit outside and enjoy something to eat or drink and
visit with others. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Islamorada, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I will probably stay here next time I'm in town. The rooms are clean comfortable and updated. The Internet is faster than what you usually find in hotels - see attached speed result. The view from your door in the morning is very uplifting - see attached photo. The breakfast is very basic however - there is only room in the breakfast room for two couples at a time to sit, and the nearest café is a long hike or a short drive away.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This little jewel was such a surprise. It's right up the street from all the other hotels/motels but without the congestion of being right in the middle of things. The room was VERY clean and accommodating. Not fancy, however, very comfortable. Fridge & micro too. My sister and I used this place to meet up since we'd not seen each other in 6 yrs. Really liked that we had TWO sinks (one IN and one outside of the bathroom)!! I don't know that all the rooms have this feature. Loved the porch and kick-back feel as well as view of the mountains. It would be a great place even if you wanted a romantic getaway. It's very close to everything you'd want to do, from the hot springs to restaurants, etc. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Don't pass this place up if you get a chance to stay here. Barb S.

Room Tip: Even though this motel is on a frontage road along the interstate, it truly was very quiet. Outside...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

on the frontage road you still have easy access to interstate and town. also not far from Glenwood hot springs. has small fridge/microwave and coffee maker, friendly staff and gave us great place to eat Mexican food in town. loved the chairs outside room so you could look across at mountains.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The motel advertises that it is 'squeaky clean' and it is. It is close to I-70 on a frontage road. The receptionist was very friendly but unable to provide us with any useful information about where we could eat dinner -- she had just moved from Chicago and started work two days earlier. She did help us get into the room when we closed one of the locks our key didn't fit. Parking is assigned, and is right in front of the door to the room, which makes it easy to get the luggage inside. The beds are comfortable and there is air conditioning and a refrigerator. Be sure to drive into Glenwood Springs to see the old hotel with its enormous pool and eat at one of many good restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

A large group of us have an annual golf trip to the Glenwood Springs area in mid-late July. Mike, the owner, is extremely friendly and accommodating and provides us duffers an awesome place to enjoy! The rooms are always spotless and the beds very comfortable. Fridge and microwave are nice as well. Thanks for your welcoming and great hospitality!

Green Features: Excellent accommodations and very friendly owners.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This little inn was all I needed to be completely happy & content in Colorado. Is it a fancy hotel, with valet parking, or a spa? No, not at all, but that was perfectly o.k, because this place had EVERYTHING I personally needed to be incredibly comfortable. Glenwood Springs was the first CO location we were staying at on our 3 week vacation, so we were coming straight form FL when we arrived. We really had no idea what time we would be there, but I called the hotel several times to update them because as the last day of driving grew longer and longer, I started to get the feeling that we were going to get there very late, and that didn't even include the 3 hour traffic jam we got caught up in in the last few hrs of driving on I-70 because of the road work going on. Anyways, even though the office should have been closed for the night, one of the staff members waited for us to get there, which ended up being around 1 or 2 in the morning..so that was extremely awesome of her. By the time we got there, we had been on the road for 19 hrs straight, with no sleep & no showers, so an easy and painless check-in was so very appreciated.

When we walked into the room, the first thing I noticed was how clean the room was, and the lovely, fresh smell that permeated the air. I'm extremely big on good-smelling, clean hotel rooms, and I know that most people would probably say the same thing, but when I tell you I am picky about a clean room, trust me...I travel with a stick-vacuum for pete's sakes. Next thing I noticed was the HUGE bathroom, with the little kitchenette on the other side. There was a microwave, mini fridge, sink and counter top in this room and I just adored this area. As the Mommy of the family, I really appreciated all of these amenities that came with our room...made it so much easier to wash out dishes, prepare food, etc...There were many other nice touches in the room too, like the country decorations (the lantern & wreaths), the huge binder on the desk that had every single piece of information of the inn, as well as the area. The super fast WI-Fi, the Adirondack chairs outside your door (where you can go and relax right outside your room, and have a tall refreshing beverage and/or a smoke if you like, instead of having to walk 10 blocks off the property to do so). I also was super excited about the guest laundry room that was located directly between all the guest rooms, so I could get my 14 loads of laundry done while we were there.

But I have to say, the absolute best part of our stay was the super friendly staff. Answering questions, making change for me for so I could get my laundry done, adding 5 extra pillows (for my back) to our room on the day were were to arrive in case when we got in, the office would be closed.

I just can't say enough about this place...I hope I covered everything, because I want the world to know how fabulous this inn is. If your looking for a nice, clean, affordable, down to earth inn to stay in while visiting the lovely state of Colorado, then look no further because this is absolutely it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family