“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
florida
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This little inn was all I needed to be completely happy & content in Colorado. Is it a fancy hotel, with valet parking, or a spa? No, not at all, but that was perfectly o.k, because this place had EVERYTHING I personally needed to be incredibly comfortable. Glenwood Springs was the first CO location we were staying at on our 3 week vacation, so we were coming straight form FL when we arrived. We really had no idea what time we would be there, but I called the hotel several times to update them because as the last day of driving grew longer and longer, I started to get the feeling that we were going to get there very late, and that didn't even include the 3 hour traffic jam we got caught up in in the last few hrs of driving on I-70 because of the road work going on. Anyways, even though the office should have been closed for the night, one of the staff members waited for us to get there, which ended up being around 1 or 2 in the morning..so that was extremely awesome of her. By the time we got there, we had been on the road for 19 hrs straight, with no sleep & no showers, so an easy and painless check-in was so very appreciated.

When we walked into the room, the first thing I noticed was how clean the room was, and the lovely, fresh smell that permeated the air. I'm extremely big on good-smelling, clean hotel rooms, and I know that most people would probably say the same thing, but when I tell you I am picky about a clean room, trust me...I travel with a stick-vacuum for pete's sakes. Next thing I noticed was the HUGE bathroom, with the little kitchenette on the other side. There was a microwave, mini fridge, sink and counter top in this room and I just adored this area. As the Mommy of the family, I really appreciated all of these amenities that came with our room...made it so much easier to wash out dishes, prepare food, etc...There were many other nice touches in the room too, like the country decorations (the lantern & wreaths), the huge binder on the desk that had every single piece of information of the inn, as well as the area. The super fast WI-Fi, the Adirondack chairs outside your door (where you can go and relax right outside your room, and have a tall refreshing beverage and/or a smoke if you like, instead of having to walk 10 blocks off the property to do so). I also was super excited about the guest laundry room that was located directly between all the guest rooms, so I could get my 14 loads of laundry done while we were there.

But I have to say, the absolute best part of our stay was the super friendly staff. Answering questions, making change for me for so I could get my laundry done, adding 5 extra pillows (for my back) to our room on the day were were to arrive in case when we got in, the office would be closed.

I just can't say enough about this place...I hope I covered everything, because I want the world to know how fabulous this inn is. If your looking for a nice, clean, affordable, down to earth inn to stay in while visiting the lovely state of Colorado, then look no further because this is absolutely it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lawrence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Reasonable rates and extra-clean rooms and the view is the best. Sitting in the chairs outside the room, looking at the view and sipping a cold beverage of your choice, makes all those miles you traveled that day, worth it. Hesitated to write a good review as I wanted to keep this one my own secret.

Commerce City, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We are a family of 5 that stayed in this hotel in July, 2014. We ended up here because we decided to extend our stay in Glenwood after checking out of the Quality Inn & Suites across the highway from the Hanging Lake Inn...you can read our review of the Quality too!

We stayed at the Quality Inn because they are a major chain and they had a great price for the peak season. It was a huge mistake because although the Quality Inn has a pool, river location and hot breakfast, the management's standards have let the hotel run down...filthy carpets, rusted out grill on the patio, damp room, stained sheets...read our review to see it all.

So, when we checked in to the Hanging Lake Inn we were delighted on how clean it is kept...let me tell you, after you stay in a place that's filthy...you appreciate sooooo much how cleanliness makes you feel. Traveling with kids, you always are having to weigh the benefits of your trip with the risk you take possibly exposing your kids to unsanitary conditions or germs in a place you stay. Let me assure you, I slept so good the night we spent at the Hanging Lake...first time all trip...because the room was clean, sheets were fresh, carpets were clean and newer, and the bathroom floor could literally be eaten off of...it was that clean.

Now, I like lush hotels...I like the bells and whistles of a pool, view, full hot breakfast...etc...but, I will take a clean, sanitary great value as an option any day. If you're like us and come to Glenwood for the attractions...you know that they are pricy and can add up fast with a family. So, being able to stay in town a couple blocks from the Hot Springs for less than 100$ a night and the place is super clean and well maintained? It's a no brainer!

We stayed one night and we were friendly with the owner Mike before we left! That's the Glenwood Spirit that we have come to love about coming to this town...Now, the place itself is not brand new...nor is some of the furniture in your room...(the owner mentioned they are consistently making improvements)...but it is very clean and comfortable...which is the highest priority all hotels should focus on.

The Hanging Lake Inn represents Glenwood in the best way...allowing you to enjoy the attractions without breaking the bank on where you stay! They will definitely allow us to afford more opportunities to come back to town and our favorite Hot Springs in Colorado!

Keep up the good work, Hanging Lake Inn!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor have a great view of the foothills across the highway....but all the room...
Green Features: They have a green priority...and the water is from a spring...you feel great after showering. They also pride themselves on using green cleaning supplies so you aren't subjected to bleach-y, violent smells when you check in...it's awesome!
Timnath, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Hanging Lake Inn knows how to take care of you. This is the 4th straight year our golf group has stayed at this hotel. The owners, Mike and Monica, know us by name and are very accommodating, personable and hard working to exceed the expectations of the guests. The rooms are extremely clean, freshly furnished and equipped with quality beds and linens.

We appreciate the personal attention of the owners and staff and feel great about recommending this hotel to everyone. We enjoy supporting this locally owned and operated small business and encourage others to do so as well. You won't be dissappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Hanging Lake Inn is one of the best run and cleanest hotels we've stayed in. It's a great place to relax, and just a short drive from the town and sites. The extra touches such as fresh flowers on the balconies and organic guest products make this a real Colorado gem. Mike and Monica and their staff are great; we will definitely stay there again. And you can't beat the view from the patio of the mountain range.

Green Features: Everything used in the hotel rooms, from the cleaning products to the guest supplies, is as healthy and environmentally friendly as we've seen in our travels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This clean, well managed inn is a treasure in the Springs. Very popular town with a fresh face on this Inn. Priced right, well located and seems like someone really cares here. Will be back here, it is now our favorite place to stay.

Arvada, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I felt right at home at the Hanging Lake Inn. The owners & all staff were very customer focused. They suggested excellent places to eat & provided great recommendations on activities in the area.

Very clean! I would stay there again!

Thank you for a pleasant place to stay & at a reasonable rate with breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hanging Lake Inn? Share your experiences!