“THE STAFF HERE ARE BEYOND COMPARE!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Caravan Inn to your Saves list
Caravan Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1826 Grand Avenue, Hwy 82, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601   |
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
“THE STAFF HERE ARE BEYOND COMPARE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

What a panic I could have been in on Vacation, loosing my phone/wallet. The gentleman on the staff here at Caravan found it and returned it to me! He even apologized for waking me just to give it to me. That is what you call GOOD People... and that is what you get when staying at the Caravan Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BHille, General Manager at Caravan Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing about your experience with our wonderful staff. It's always nice to hear when my team members are going a great job. Hope to see you again on your next visit to Glenwood Springs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We loved staying here. The pool was great! The cleanliness of the room was very good. The staff was so helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We were with in walking distance to restaurants and stores. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pine Island, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We got into Glenwood Springs late from Denver. We are a family of four with two younger children and were very impressed with the staff making sure we were able to have a late check-in. The breakfast was very good and had a lot of variety for our children. The staff was very polite and helpful. We had originally booked this hotel on hotwire and I am always a bit leery on what a hotel may turn out to be sight unseen. The Caravan Inn was clean, roomy and exceeded our expectations by far! Thanks for a great night!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend and everything was fine. We were almost the only ones in the whole hotel which had me questioning it. I figured it was just a slow weekend. So obviously they were not making much money. Originally we were only going to stay one night. They charge you a deposit of $100.00 at the time you check in. Saturday we decided to stay another night so I went to the office to pay for another night. They charged me ANOTHER $100.00 deposit and did not tell me they were going to do that. Sunday we checked out and the lady went to check the room. Gave us 100.00 for deposit and everything was Supposively fine. Today a week later I see I was charged an extra 100.00. I call and they say the room smells like cigarette smoke and there is a burn in the new carpet. I don't smoke and the other part who was with me does but went outside. I have a 1 1/2 year old who I would never let anyone smoke around. Very dissatisfied with this place. Guess they have to make their money somehow.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your dissatisfaction with our property. It is NOT our intention to "rip off" our guests. We only ask that our guests respect our property. I would like to take this opportunity to explain our policies. Upon check-in, we require full payment for the room. When the payment is cash then we ask for an additional $100 security deposit. This deposit is refunded upon check-out as long as there is no damage, i.e. smoking in a room, nor anything missing. In your case, upon entering the room there was a smoke smell. We understand that sometimes responsible smokers will smoke outside but dispose of their cigarette butts in the room trash container. This will cause a smoke odor but in my experience when we remove the trash and air out the room for a few hours the smell disappears. The smell does not disappear if the room was smoked in. During your stay, I did notice the gentleman staying with you standing in the doorway of the room smoking which probably caused the smell to linger in the room and his ash probably was the result of the burnt hole in the carpet entry way. I'm truly sorry that you feel ripped off but there was strong evidence of cigarette smoke damage in the room you rented. I would advise in the future to refrain from smoking in the entryway of any guestroom.
Monument, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Great time there, will definitely be going back for two nights next time. Barbra-Lady at the front desk was wonderful. Even able to give us directions downtown to one of the best restaurants-Pullmans.

• Stayed March 2014
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Staff very friendly, good breakfast, beds extremely comfortable and great location within easy walk to restaurants, grocery and very quiet and spacious and price was very good. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Meeker, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The staff at Caravan Inn were more then helpful when I had to have surgery and my whole family came with me. They got us rooms right next to each other and gave us a discount on the rooms that were just right for all of us. Rooms were very clean and we were very comfortable letting our little ones run around and play. Thanks you guys and we will be staying with you all again.

Room Tip: Great hotel right down the street from the hospital.