“Perfect for my family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Aurora, Colorado
“Perfect for my family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We are a family of 5 and our room was great. We put the rollaway next to the bunk beds and the kids were thrilled with their own beds and TV. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Ray was especially helpful in helping us find a good place to eat around town. The breakfast was average. They offer both hot and cold items. The hot items include eggs, hash browns, sausage, pancakes, waffles, and biscuits with gravy. We used the pool across the street it was small but the kids had a great time. My husband went fishing just across the street, he caught about 6 fish, mostly trout. We were on the bottom level, I think if we go back I will ask for a room upstairs so we can have a balcony.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Glenwood Suites hotel is nothing fancy but a good hotel. The staff was nice and helpful. Complementary breakfast was pretty decent. They even had a fun pancake machine! Everything was clean and comfortable.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mesa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Convenient location, fabulous hot breakfast, hotel is in excellent condition and includes access to the pool and hot tub at the adjacent hotel. Ray at the front desk was very helpful with info on the local area. We liked this place so much we extended our stay an additional night, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fountain, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I had planned on going to our 16th wedding anniversary to Glenwood Springs on a 2 night stay at Glenwood Suites on June 25-27th, but our 2 kids became sick and we ended up taking our kids with us. I called 24 hours prior to our check in to request a pull out sofa and spoke with Chad (MOD). Chad had a "I don't give a damn" attitude and his customer service was totally inappropriate.

I contacted the Choice Hotel guest relations service member and complained about the situation all for a request for a pull out sofa! Never got a call back or email from the general manager (Sian/Sean). I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't be a problem b/c we did not want to have to address this issue when we got there b/c our drive was about 4.5 hours away. We go on multiple family and couples getaway throughout the year and mostly stay at Hilton hotels. I have never experienced an issue with any hotels I have stayed r/t this experience.

But, when we arrived the day of check in...Ray (MOD) was very polite and even offered us with king size bed with a separate room for the kids with their own bunk beds. I have to say that Ray made our day! Otherwise, we had a memorable time in GW Springs. We had a great time at the GW Adventure Park with the kids and a great anniversary dinner at Juicy Lucy (BEST STEAKS EVER!). Also, the hotel was very clean, breakfast was great, and we got to use the pool across the street (pool was COLD).

My only advice working in customer service is...please train your staff about their phone mannerisms, voice inflection, and overall customer service. I was upset mostly by Chad's comment "If everyone called for a pull out sofa, then there wouldn't be any sofas left for our guests". I called on a Tuesday! a weekday! not even a holiday! I gave 24 hours notice! By the way, I'm not asking for a promise...all he had to say was, "we will try our best". That's it! I would've been able to call that morning prior to driving 4.5 hours away to make sure my kids had a place to sleep in. All this for a pullout sofa (Lol)!.

Room Tip: full hot breakfast is provided...very good for the value.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had a suite with two queen beds and a twin overfull bunk bed. For the first time ever we actually had a bed for every person to sleep in. It was amazing! This hotel actually caters to families. The kids were disappointed that there was no pool, but the breakfast was great.

• Stayed June 2014
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Nice clean King room. Great service and friendly staff. If you have kids and want to swim, the pool is across the street at their sister property which is a nice pool and hotel. Breakfast was nice and included eggs, sausage/bacon? and fruit, pastry and waffles. Well kept grounds and you could tell they cared about the place. Across the street to the very nice walkway by the river.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

In a nutshell, the room was the same price as the motels in the area. Glad I chose Glenwood Suites. The room was cleaner than most places I've stayed (including the W in Times Square). No you're not going to get a Temperpedic but you already knew that. The complimentary breakfast came in handy and saved us a ton of time before our paragliding appointment early in the a.m.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Glenwood Suites? Share your experiences!