“Casual & consistent bistro” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Vail, Colorado
“Casual & consistent bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is our must go to restaurant every time we go to Glenwood Springs.Once a month or so.Diverse & interesting menu.Friendly,educated staff,good fusion dishes. Located in the area by Target in West Gl;enwood.

Visited July 2012
MikeZheng, Owner at Zheng Asian Bistro, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for the great review. I warms my heart that we are your go to restaurant when in the area.

See you soon,

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Pricey for standard chinese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Friday afternoon club is the best deal, otherwise food is too plain for the price

Visited March 2012
I am sorry you did not want to respond to the e-mail I sent you through tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our Super Happy Fun Time special of a drink and an appetizer for $7.00. We feel it is a really nice treat for our local customers. As I stated in the e-mail, compared to other restaurants in our area we are averaged priced. We pride ourselves on serving, local hormone and antibiotic free proteins and pesticide free, fresh veggies. We feel a huge responsibility in what we serve to our customers and their children. It has to be the best. So while some of our items, like sweet and sour chicken may be standard Chinese fare, you can rest assured that it is the best quality you will find in a Chinese restaurant. Trust me, my partner, Chef Ming Xing Zheng started his career in the Chinese restaurants in New York. He saw what was served and that is what drove him to find a better way. Thank you for your review. See you for Super Happy Fun Time.

Chef Ming Xing Zheng
“Need to improve service and wait times”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The food here is very good, when it is finally delivered.

We have have had food here 3 different times when visiting Glenwood-once was sushi take out on New Years Eve and we waited over an hour to get a very simple order. Once was dine in-again we waited to get our order taken, waited forever to get our food and the server forgot to bring sake we ordered until the end of the meal and forgot to bring our kids food until the end of the meal. When this place gets busy as it often does on holiday weekends, the service grinds to a snails pace and the wait times are very long.

I spoked to the manager about out dine in experience and she listened to my comments, took care of the meal and gave us a gift card to come back again. Two nights later before we left town, we ordered take out to eat back in our hotel room-food was ready when promised this time and very tasty.

We have not been back to Zheng on our last two visits to Glenwood, however may give them another shot again.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
I am sorry you did not want to respond to the e-mail I sent you. As I stated on the e-mail we pride ourselves on constantly improving our restaurant. So thank you for pointing out where we did not meet your expectations. As the reviews after you show we are right where we want to be. It seems that you travel to Glenwood often and with the only bad rating you gave us was because of long wait times on holiday weekends in a resort town, I do hope you will give us another try and if it is better, hopefully a better review. Again if you would like to talk and help us improve please feel free to call me anytime.

970.618.7092
mike@zhengbistro.com
Chef Ming Xing Zheng.
“Best Asian food in a great atmosphere in GWS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Zheng is one of my favorites from Aspen to GWS. A must during a trip down valley during meal time. The Atomic Shrimp is a taste sensation and my other "not-on-the-menu" favorite is Volcano Shrimp but everything is excellent. They even serve brown rice!

Visited January 2012
MikeZheng, Manager at Zheng Asian Bistro, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you so much!!!!! We love what we do and i am glad it shows. See you next time you are on a down valley rally :)

Thanks,
Snowmass, CO
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they use Crystal River Farms for their beef. Everything was fresh and delicious. I will return every time I come down to Glenwood. Thanks for the great meal!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MikeZheng, Owner at Zheng Asian Bistro, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
No, thank you :) We have actually partnered with both Crystal River Meats and Milagro Ranch to do all the beef in our restaurants. You should check out GRIND if you are looking for a great grass fed burger. By making this move we are keep the $150,000 we spent on beef last year in Carbondale!!!!! Yeah!!!

Thanks,