“Good, inexpensive place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Affordable Inns
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   51823 Hwy 6, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601   |
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Longmont, Colorado
“Good, inexpensive place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Things were clean, air conditioner and TV worked. Nothing fancy, but was not too expensive. Would stay there again when traveling through. A continental breakfast was provided, but "dining" area was very small/crowded.

Room Tip: No elevator to 2nd floor, but is kind of a split level building so it was a short stair case to our...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

There was a big black bug in our shower and when we woke up we had a bug in our bed. Hotel is run down and seems like some pretty sketchy people "live" at the hotel. The positive, Lynn who checked us in was super nice and accommodating!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Definitely affordable. Disappointed in the cold showers 3:5 mornings staying there. Seemed like if you were showering anytime from 6-9a you were risking all hot water in the hotel being gone. Breakfast was bagels and gravy mostly. Laundry on site. Got the package with pool and park passes which was a good value.

• Stayed July 2014
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

At first, everything was great, the staff was friendly, everything appeared in good order. After checking out, I could smell smoke on all of my clothes, especially the ones I slept in while in be ( my PJs). The breakfast nook was way too small and though the staff were nice there, the people staying there were another story. It was like a feeding frenzy and though I waited in line, many kept cutting in front of me,so I just left to eat somewhere else. In short, I was really disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Englewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've stayed here three times and have loved each and every trip. The staff are awesome and the hotel is clean, quiet and comfy. Not showy which I ADORED. It really got to the heart of what it should be about when you visit Glenwood Springs. The mountain view is breathtaking and the location is exasperatingly convenient. The breakfast and evening cookies added to the overall warm feeling the establishment offered. It's vey hard for me to miss home and I each time I do not want to go back to Denver. I'll never stay at another hotel when I go up (which is guaranteed that I will).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place is older and a little rundown - we were in a smoking room, so it may be that these rooms aren't updated. The staff is extremely friendly and the place was very clean. You're not going to get a lot of super fancy or extravagant extras, but it was perfect for a cheap place to sleep in the area. They serve a decent breakfast and were very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Firestone, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Rooms are tiny. They are dated and have a funky smell, they coulnt get mr a room key so had to be let in my room. Bathroom is old and very worn
I was referred here and am very disappointed. I should have refused the room

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
kathy h, Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. Your business is very important to us, I take your feedback to heart and thank you for your candid response. I did lose all the data to my key machine and for a short time we were without keys. It was fixed and back up and running in about two hours, I again apologize for the inconvenience. We work hard to provide a valuable product in an, often times, high priced destination town. Had we know about the issues we certainly would have corrected them. Some hotels however have larger and or smaller rooms. The room you was in is single king our 2 queen rooms are larger. By letting us know now about the issues you are helping us to deliver a superior experience for you and guests in the future.
SINCERELY, KATHY HERT

Been to Affordable Inns? Share your experiences!