“Clean, old fashion motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frontier Lodge

Frontier Lodge
You added Frontier Lodge to your Saves list
Frontier Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2834 South Glen Ave (Hwy 82), Glenwood Springs, CO 81601   |
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
TOPEKA
“Clean, old fashion motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our experience at the Frontier was a good one. It was a last minute stop.The only room left was one with three beds and we only had two people in our party. Based on that we had plenty of room but I believe there would have been plenty of room for even six people. The decor was blah and not very inviting. The carpet was worn but appeared clean. There were two sinks but no coffee pot. The motel has exterior entrances to the rooms and if you had a room with window facing the highway you could hear the road noise throughout the night. All in all, the room was comfortable and clean and I would stay there again--in a different room.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the highway have road noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

What can I say, I've stayed here on three different occasions and each time has been enjoyable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff have always been friendly and accommodating. I usually stay when traveling by motorcycle and really like parking just outside of my room door. Well worth the price and yes, when I'm staying in Glenwood Springs again I'll be staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was looking for a hotel last minute in Glenwood Springs. Most places were $120/night after taxes. This cute place was only $70/night after taxes. This place was on the south end of town but only minutes from the hot springs and all of the restaurants. We were also going to Aspen and Maroon Bells for a day trip so we liked being in that location south of tow. We had a late checkin around 10:30pm and the lady owner was very nice. I loved that we were able to just park right in front of our room verses a larger hotel with a parking lot and walking up stairs or an elevator to the room. The rooms were very clean and spacious. I felt very comfortable here. It was quiet and I loved sitting out on the bench in front of the room and hanging out with my husband before going to bed. There was a nice little continental breakfast in the front office with cereal, oatmeal, bagels, english muffins, toast, hard boiled eggs, and surprisingly delicious little pancakes. And I don't normally eat pancakes but they were good. As well as juice, coffee and milk. Pancakes and eggs made by the female owner. We have kids and sometimes got to the breakfast towards the end and they had run out of pancakes, eggs, and coffee. The lady owner quickly made fresh pancakes, eggs and coffee for us to eat a hearty meal. We felt right at home. It ended up being just perfect. We even called our grandparents who live in Grand Junction to come stay the next night with us. So if you are looking for a quaint little hotel and with a small price tag this is the place. I will definitely stay here again in the future. Thanks for such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable which is all I ask of a motel room. We arrived late and as far as I can remember we didn't have any problems with front desk staff. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I booked a four-night stay here because most everything else was booked for the weekend. It's on a major road south of town (there's a bike path across the street), but it is a short distance to everything. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable. Compared to other lodging we researched, this one is very affordable. Also, most of the rooms are on ground level, which made it easier to get our mountain bikes in and out of the room. The owners are nice. Being on a main road, there is traffic noise. The rooms have TV's and a phone, but no hair dryer or coffee maker. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenbrier, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel was ranked next to last on Tripadvisor, but the reviews sounded like it was great. I booked for 4 nights for my husband and 2 granddaughters. First of all, the the male owner was NOT friendly, the continental breakfast was bagels, could not get them to give us 4 sets of towels the whole time we were there, and the air conditioner was in another room, so we had quite a time getting the room cooled down our first night. On the plus side, the room was spacious and had decent furniture, with a large HD tv. AND, one of the best showers ever! No pool for the grandkids.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice and quiet. Loved being able to drink coffee outside in front of the room in the morning. Very clean. The owners were very nice. The only complaint was it was hard to see past the front bushes when you were leaving the parking lot

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Frontier Lodge? Share your experiences!