DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I was on the last leg of a trip out west with my two children and we were (unfortunately) coming into Glenwood Springs after dark. I'd been driving about 12 hours and called my husband at home to get on the internet and find some hotels in the area. After calling several of the numbers he'd given me, one of the hotels suggested this dump since all others in the area seemed to be filled for the evening.
For $50 bucks a night, it seemed a good deal with 2 beds, a fridge and microwave and a non-smoking room - NOT.
After checking in and reserving for a second night, I turned the corner to go upstairs with my 2 small daughters and there was a couple in a - should we say - "compromised" situation on the couch in the hallway.
As we walked upstairs, the dirt, crumbs and scum on the carpeting was so thick you could rake it up.
The cleaning staff apparently uses massive amounts of cinnamon to disguise the odor of the smoke and filth in this hotel.
Our "non-smoking" room, at first glance, looked somewhat nice. However, as the night wore on, the stench of cigarette smoke permeated the room and became almost unbearable. I attributed it to a lone rebel defying the rules - but I was wrong.
The following morning, with my face swollen and my sinuses affected from the smoke, I went downstairs to partake of their "continental breakfast". I explained my dilemma to the front desk "person". They pulled up my room number and proceeded to tell me that they had to charge me more for the current night because I wasn't charged enough the night before. He said the only way he could determine who was smoking was if he knocked on a door. I said "OK", meaning "go ahead".
I explained that I understood that the charge was already made against my credit card. He said "no", that he would have to charge me now. I explained that there was no indication that I would be charged more.
He grumbled and said under his breath ..."cheapest room in town"....
But he charged the same amount as the night before.
We went out for the day and stayed away until 6pm, when we returned to our room for the night.
At 1:30 am, after putting perfume to my nose and soaking a kleenex with perfume to block the cigarette smell, I told my oldest daughter that I just couldn't see staying there till later in the morning when I couldn't breathe now. I went to the front desk.
I explained the situation to the desk clerk who told me he couldn't refund my charge because I would have to wait till Monday when the person came in who was in charge of that.
I asked for the corporate office number. I was told that it is individually owned and the owner is the one who will make the decision.
I got my 2 little girls in the car and we left that hole at 1:30 am. and drove out of there.
I was told the hotels in this area are all booked up because companies are putting their workers in these places. It means that tourists passing through have to suffer the consequences.
I wish there was something I could do to get my $55 bucks back. This place is a dump and a dive.
DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING HERE!!
- Also Known As:
- Choice Glenwood Springs