“NO BUENO!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
“NO BUENO!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We live in Denver and visit the Tequilas in Denver and Lakewood. When we arrived here we seen tequilas and thought yeah! We love tequilas! Not so for this one! Chips were burned, salsa was like eating tomato sauce (they didn't even blend it- they just poured the tomatoes from the can!) cabbage salsa was old and wilted and had so much oil you could grease your squeaky door hinges with it. Margaritas were served in tea glasses, and let me tell you about the service- only 1 person was fluent in English and we were told they had to talk to us in Spanish and our waiter was so cocky and uninterested in providing service he lurched over us while we looked at the menu and then got upset cause we weren't ready to order! Noe our server gets a big NO BUENO!! Please please do not associate this restaurant with the metro Denver tequilas!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

St. Petersburg, Florida
“So Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I live in Florida where good Mexican food is not readily available. I was so very excited about coming to my home town after many, many years of being gone for a FANTASTIC Mexican Dinner. My youngest sister lives there and was given a recomendation on eating there. If your main goal is to have a very strong margarita, well then you have found your place. The rest of the meal all though a large portion was some of the worst Mexican food I have ever had. Runny refried beans, sub standard spanish rice and way over done with chedder cheese. I had an absolutly terrible fish taco. It was made of almost all batter and very little flavor. They did however make my nephews day as he does not like Mexican food. They were accomidating in that they cooked him a plane piece o chicken on the grill and he never eats well, but ate almost all of it, but had to pay for a full adult dinner to get just the piece of chicken. They were full and we had to sit at 2 seperate table this I did not like at all. I paid to take my family out and could not talk to half of them. Waitress was OK, but not ver attentive, and I am a good tipper when you are a good server. This was not a good Mexican meal, I stopped at a taco bus as I headed down the canyon and boy that was some good home made Mexican food. Too bad I paid for a very bland meal at Tequila's.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Highlands Ranch, CO
“Hornets are bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had eaten here before (a year ago) and knew it was a restaurant in Glenwood where we would not have to worry about making a reservation, but could reliably expect average family Mexican restaurant fare.

The margarita was strong, and the carnitas burrito was unexpectedly spicy (not a good thing for someone who orders green chile dishes for their more mild taste). No major issues with the food.

Our biggest issue was that we ate outside (around 6 or 7pm) and when our food arrived, hornets swarmed my husband and his plate. We spent the meal nervously waving off hornets. Eat outside if you are brave.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northern Illinois
“Good service, food so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We ate here twice, the staff was attentive and prompt except when the restaurant was full. Food just OK. Hoped for more considering the prices.

Visited August 2012
Ogden,Utah
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Good Mexican food and ample proportions. We love the cabbage salsa served with the chips. Eat here every time we go through Glenwood Springs.

Visited August 2012