“Excellent location, clean, beautifully maintained grounds, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge

You added Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge to your Saves list
Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2102 Grand Avenue, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Formerly Cedar Lodge Motel)   |
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
WI
“Excellent location, clean, beautifully maintained grounds, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

Surrounded by the beautiful red rocks of Glenwood Springs is this wonderful little motel. It's not fancy and up to date as some may prefer, rather it was clean and proudly kept up, particularly the grounds with mature trees and bushes. The staff was friendly over and over not to mention helpful. Due to chain motels being pricey in Glenwood we opted for an older mom and pop type stay here and it's charm, it brought back fond memories. They even checked the pool's chemical levels while there. The second floor balcony has nice views of both the motel and the surrounding Glenwood Springs scenery. We stayed here for a reasonable price. The motel boasts an indoor pool with sauna and whirlpool as well as an outdoor pool (deeper and goes to eight feet deep). There was a workout room/equipment (I did not seek it out but knew it was there). There was a breakfast room that served an adequate and filling meal (waffles to toast, bread to toast, pastries, cereal, yogurt and a variety of hot and cool drinks). Our room had a microwave and fridge, and wi-fi. I highly recommend a stay here while in the area. From the charming landscape to the outdoor picnic/grill area, pools, view, cleanliness and other amenities, it made for a more than satisfying stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed in Glenwood for 3 days to enjoy some of the attractions. The room was very clean and in good shape. The decor was a little outdated, but still nice. The A/C cooled the room in less than five minutes, which was nice since the temperatures were in the high nineties. The room was sound proof and the beds were amazing. Slept like a baby.
Too bad Glenwood has NO nightlife. We were there on a Saturday night and could not find a bar that had music.
I highly recommend using Glenwood Adventure Company on Cooper Street for your activities. We used their services for tubing and bike tour. They were so kind and helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomfield Hills, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cedar Lodge motel and found it to be exceptional. The rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. I was pleasantly surprised by all the amenities, the pool area was wonderful, and the continental breakfast selection was outstanding. This very affordable quiet mountain lodge is nestled in the center of Glenwood Springs, which was an ideal location for all of our adventures. I would highly recommend the Cedar Lodge for anyone looking for an affordable mountain escape while enjoying the comforts of home.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

found ourselves here after bryce canyon heading to denver airport and twas a nice place to find ourselves, motel was very clean and nice, good bed, shower and towels, wi-fi link ok, also had pool although we didnt partake but luxury continental breakfast, which was nice, i had a toasted bagel, also had cereals, pastries, waffles and maple syrup and cream cheese, blueberry muffins seemed to be going down a treat with other clients, so all very good, staff were very very nice so good stop off for us.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

My wife and I and two young children had the unfortunate experience of spending two nights at the Cedar Lodge in June. We stayed a Friday and Saturday night while attending a wedding. Since our Friday afternoon wedding was at 4pm, we showed up at 2pm asking for an early check-in. While we understand not being given an early check-in, our room was not even cleaned by the normal 3pm check-in when we showed up with our room key and belongings.

If you are a family with young children, I would NOT recommend Cedar Lodge Motel. Our room was in the horsehoe end of the complex and had a loud party-like, frathouse atmosphere. There were always more cars than rooms in the party cul-de-sac, meaning we had to park far from our room. Again, a challenge with a 2 1/2 year old and a 9 month old.

This would have all made for a relatively tolerable weekend stay, except for the nightmare that was our Saturday night's stay. A car alarm went off periodically all night, often for up to 5 to 10 minutes at a time. This kept our entire family up all night. When I mentioned the car alarm to the desk at check-out the next AM, the desk clerk was less than accomodating. She explained than the car alarm was being set off by an angry resident in retaliation towards the hotel staff. She went on to explain that, although they called the police at some point in the night, she declined pressing charges towards the owner of the car and was powerless over the situation. In sum, she seemed more scared of the owner's of the car then protecting the rest of the resident's. I left unimpressed with how management handled the situation. I am still tired from my stay at Cedar Lodge Motel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
cedarlodge2102, General Manager at Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
In reference to the weekend mentioned in the review; this particular weekend is a big festival that takes place in Glenwood Springs know as Strawberry Days. The motel was sold out, so yes we were very busy. Some of our guests staying with us that weeken over-celebrated and had to be quieted down by our staff. In regard to the car alarm, this was a VERY RARE OCCURENCE and it was handled professionally and to the best of my ability. The following morning I spoke and apologized to many of our guests. Some acknowledged hearing the alarm go off and others did not hear a thing.
To all guests that sayed with us that weekend and were affected by this incident, my SINCEREST APOLOGIZES.
Mary Koziol
Cedar Lodge Motel
manager
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

We came to Glenwood Springs for hiking and the hot springs for 2 days and 1 night. We were traveling with my sister and her family and wanted to share a hotel room with them, but didn't want to spend an outrageous amount of money for one night. We were pleasantly surprised with the Cedar Lodge Motel. The front desk lady was very nice and helpful which was great after a long 4 hour drive. The room was exceptionally clean! I was blown away! If you knew how important that was to me, you would share my joy. The room was good sized with one actual bedroom. It was basically like your typical hotel room with 2 double beds right as you walk in, but with a bonus "extra" bedroom with a door that closes. Perfect for us! The bathroom was very, very clean which was very, very appreciated. The water pressure was great and I loved having a little window right in the shower. I would have loved to have a couple more pillows, but I'm sure I could have asked for them and been accomodated. We were too worn out to care by the end of the night. The room also had a mini fridge and microwave which was fantastic since we didn't expect that and had brought a cooler. Another bonus, 2 TV's! One in the front room and extra bedroom. No kids fighting over which show to watch. The continental breakfast was as expected. Cold cereal, danishes, oatmeal, bagels and a toaster for waffles. There was juice, hot chocolate, hot tea and coffee. Perfectly adequate. We didn't use the pools, the indoor nor outdoor one but will do that next time. One of the great things about the motel, oddly enough, was that there is a beautiful little grassy shaded area on the side with a grill and picnic table that is for customer use. I loved it! It was great for the kids to eat outside "picnic" style and run around a bit before going to bed. There were several eateries around that we could walk to as well as hiking trails. Let me say right now that this is not a "fancy" hotel and the deco is not perfectly up to date. But for cleanliness, convenience, courtesy and functionality at a really great price, you can't beat it. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Pendleton, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Cedar Lodge Motel in mid-May for three wonderful nights. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff was top notch and they would drop what they were doing in order to ensure that our stay was nothing less than perfect. The indoor pool, hot tub and spa room was an added bonus. One of the best features was the location. It is located in the heart of Glenwood Springs, right off the main road. The motel is situation as such that you cannot hear any traffic from the road. I enjoyed getting up early to enjoy the sun rise over the mountains. It was our little slice of heaven during our stay in Glenwood Springs. When my family returns to Glenwood Springs in the future, we will not hesitate to stay at the Cedar Lodge Motel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge? Share your experiences!