“Did the job...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Centennial, Colorado
“Did the job...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We picked the Starlight Lodge because we had two younger nieces visiting us from out of town and did not feel comfortable leaving them in their own separate room. Starlight Lodge was one of just a few that had a room that could accommodate my husband and me, our two kids, and our two nieces within the distance we were hoping for from the Hot Springs Pool. We stayed in the Deluxe Suite, which had two bedrooms with a total of 3 queen beds (two in one room, one in the other), a shared bathroom, and kitchenette area. As far as the layout of the room was concerned, we were very pleased. Everyone had their own space and privacy, but we were all close enough to feel we had a good eye on all the kids. The Deluxe Suite supposedly has a newly renovated bathroom vs the standard suite (what I was told when I called them with questions)... I don't know how long ago is considered "newly", or if the owners have never heard of bleach. All I know is that the amount of nasty black mold that was around and in all the tub grout was gross. The kitchen appliances were dated but did the job. The tv in one of the two rooms would only turn on when it felt like it. The curtain in the bathroom did nothing. I felt like people right outside in the parking lot could see everything. We were unable to lock the deadbolt to our room from the outside when we would leave, and had trouble operating the door lock that did work. Overall, I was unimpressed with this hotel. It did the job in that it held all of us with a great floor plan. Otherwise, I would prefer nicer accommodations, nicer amenities, cleaner, more secure, etc. even if it came at a higher price. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I visited Glenwood Springs in June of 2014. Originally we stayed at a hotel that cost twice as much as the Starlight Lodge. After 2 nights, I relocated to the Starlight Lodge and found it to be just as nice at HALF the cost. Moreover, the atmosphere was lovely---beautiful views, peaceful and relaxed. Our room was clean and roomy, and the bathroom was perfect. I really enjoyed the Startlight Lodge and wouldn't consider any other hotel in Glenwood Springs. P.S. The location was EXCELLENT.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here for three days and had absolutely no problems. At first look we were a little worried that it was run down on the inside as it looked on the outside but it looked way better inside! The person at the front desk had a great attitude and was super nice and helpful. The best part was the location! We literally walked to the location we booked to go river rafting, different places to eat, the hot springs, and adventure park. For anyone who understands the parking situation around here, this is a major plus!! I don't know what the other reviewers are talking about. I guess they expect a kings palace for $69 a night! I highly recommend to anyone coming to visit!

• Stayed July 2014
Hastings, Nebraska, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in June 2014. It was cheaper than other hotels and conveniently located, but that's about it. The guy that works there was very helpful and quickly responded to minor requests. We booked one of the double rooms to give our two boys some space. The decor has not been touched in 50 years except for the shower tile which looked recently updated. The bathroom was ridiculously small. The shower handle fell off when we attempted to use it. The internet was pathetic in our room. It might as well have had none, but was accessible when I roamed around the parking lot, but still slow. When I asked about the internet at the desk, the older lady pretended to barely speak English. When I persisted she suddenly could communicate better but wasn't concerned about the problem.
The room itself was adequate if you are not picky. There were three spiders in my son's bed as soon as we pulled back the sheets. There were barely any outlets and the ones available were insufficient. The room had two external doors. These aren't regular hotel doors, just old residential doors which did not seal well and did not keep sound out. One door jamb and door was knocked out of position by an inch and a half leaving the safety chain attached only to a flopping piece of trim. An 8 year old could kick this door in. Only a see-through curtain in bathroom window. All windows were open a few inches when we arrived. I had to go outside to push on them to get them to shut. One was missing the handle needed to crank it shut.
Certainly a step down from other hotels in the area. No pool, no breakfast. No way.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Nice stay last week at the Starlight Lodge. Nothing fancy, but homey, clean, secure, convenient location, pet friendly and very reasonably priced. The hot springs pool, miniature golf, shopping and a number of good restaurants are within short walking distance from the motel.
Maria and Teresa are very accommodating and they gave us lots of useful information about the area. We would not hesitate to return to this motel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I booked this lodge for a 2 night trip through Glenwood Springs. We'd been camping so getting something fancy wasn't a priority. They had a 2 room 3 bed accommodation that I thought would suit us fine even if the hotel is a little old. When we arrived the hotel attendant was an older woman whose sarcasm caught me off guard but I like interesting characters so this didn't put me off. She had about 15 jokes by the time we were out the door and into our room. When we entered the room it smelled like a smoking room although we had specifically requested non-smoking. I didn't want to say anything to the front desk lady partially because I didn't realize it was smoking until we came back from the hot springs and partially because I was kind of afraid of her dry sarcastic humor when I was on the brink of falling asleep. The room itself is older looking. Black carpet, ugly comforters but it did have clean sheets and an immaculate bathroom. I was able to see past the smell and the bad condition of the lodge but we had to check out early and find accommodations elsewhere because none of us slept well. The room was super hot at night even though the heater was off, someone outside had been running their car for what seemed like hours, and I could hear the neighbor coming in an out all night. I learned my lesson to never skimp on a hotel room. There is nothing worse than being grossed out by a room you have to sleep in and then having a terrible nights sleep. We ended up checking into the Hampton Inn which is brand new, right down the street, totally clean and only $30 more.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was driving from AZ and we were going to reach glenwood springs at 12:30 AM. All hotels closed check in by 11 PM. I called starlight on my way and the gentleman at the desk offered to wait up for me and keep a room ready.I also needed to stay in beyond check out time until afternoon. As soon as I reached he just checked me into our mountain view room and asked me to just

Room Tip: Room 21 has a lovely mountain view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Starlight Lodge? Share your experiences!