“Good for the price we paid.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glenwood Springs Inn

Save Saved
You added Glenwood Springs Inn to your Saves list
Glenwood Springs Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   141 W. 6th St, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Formerly Glenwood Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 24 hotels in Glenwood Springs
Grimsby UK
“Good for the price we paid.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed 1 night here on our road trip around southern Colorado.
Staff were helpful and room was very comfortable and clean, although we were only in it for a short time as we spent the evening in the Hot Springs and left early on Saturday morning, without sampling the 'continental' breakfast.

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Clean room and bathroom. Good beds, but the showerhead was not that great and no coffee maker in the room. Otherwise, we enjoyed. Good customer service, within walking distance to caverns, the hot springs, and everything else one might want to do in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed the night of Saturday, July 6. Knew we would arrive late and leave in the morning, so this hotel sounded more than adequate for our needs. We booked one of the larger rooms since we were 4 adults traveling together. Yes, the property is somewhat dated, but we were warmly welcomed, despite our very late arrival; our room was large; our fridge and microwave spotlessly clean and in perfect working condition. Everything was "company" clean - looked like the sheer window curtain had just been laundered and the blankets smelled fresh. Breakfast is, as advertised, just continental - juice, coffee, fruit pastries, muffins, and bagels - but there was plenty of everything plus fresh cream cheese and a big block of European butter, and the same woman who had welcomed us late on Sat. helped me prepare my bagels, as I was getting food for all our party and had my hands full! She also answered all my questions about local attractions and their hours. We were a little slow in getting organized and on the road; she told me not to worry, but to take our time since we had had such a long drive the night before. We would definitely stay here on a return visit - the staff is hospitable, the price is right, and the location is quite convenient, too.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room, which means we had to carry luggage up the exterior stairs, but it is quiet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Within walking distance of the hot springs and over the bridge to the downtown area. Good midrange motel with comfortable beds, frig, micro, hair dryer and larger rooms had table/chairs. They had delicious muffins, bagels and fruit pastery with coffee in the office.

Room Tip: If you need a table and chairs w/kids, it is worth the small extra charge.
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is not a luxury hotel so don't stop here if you are interested in an upscale room. The outside of the motel needs some updating, as well as the rooms,but it looks like they are doing some of that now: the bathroom had been remodeled simply, newer counter/sink, new paint. The beds were clean and comfy. Rooms were spacious. A/C worked fine, not the quietest but okay. Little fridge, microwave, hair dryer in room. Coffee and some bagels/pastries offered in the teeny lobby in the morning. The lady who checked us in was very nice and friendly. The room was quiet, I heard nothing from traffic or the parking lot,etc. Our friend's room was a bit smaller and similar in style. Overall, considering many of the rooms in the area are $200 I would say if you came to Glenwood Springs on a budget and the hotel is not your main attraction, this will be just fine. The Tequila's restaurant across the street is very convenient and good, I reviewed it as well. The lady at the front desk ( not the owner ) was very nice and friendly, a pleasure to work with.

St. Cloud, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped here after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. The check in was easy, especially since we didn't have a reservation. The room was clean and comfortable, but was very outdated. We didn't spend much time in the room so we didn't mind it too much. We had a great view from the front of our room. They didn't have a hair dryer in the room, but we were able to borrow one from the front desk. Overall it was a decent place to stay at a low price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are a family of four. We were attending a wedding in the area and decided to make it into family trip. After research we choose the Glenwood Motor Inn based on reviews and location and three queen beds in the room. On the way up to Glenwood we hiked Hanging Lake which is in the canyon closed to Glenwood. After the hike we were looking foreword to winding down at the motel. After checking in and getting to our room everyone took a short nap. Time to take a shower and go to dinner. I head into the bathroom to discover there was no soap and the towels are not bath towels size but more of a smaller size that wouldn't wrap around you. So I decided to call the front desk. Guess what there is no phone in this room and we are on the back side of the motel not close to the office. Went to office and got soap and towels. After the shower I wanted to brush my teeth, no water out of the sink. Have to go back to the office to inform them of the problem. After about an hour they send a repair person to fix the sink. Decided to go out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant that is located across the street called Tequilas. Great place. Food was great and they gave us a ton. We brought back the leftovers and stock them in the refrigerator. Refrigerator is on the fritz and our food is not safe to eat. Back to the office to tell them about the refrigerator. A couple of hours later the repairman shows up and can't fix it and has to replace it. A two hour ordeal. We didn't notice that rear windows were open till later in the evening. One window had the handle crank on it the other was missing the handle.So back to the office for a repair. Later the repairman repairs it. Next day we are out for most of the day and get back late. No room service and it is late at night, the office is closed. No towels for us the next morning as we need to get ready for the wedding. Here's another problem is there is only one mirror located in the bathroom. If you have four people getting ready for a wedding needing a mirror and have to wait for the person in the bathroom to come out, well you get the picture. Another problem was this was a special weekend in Glenwood called Strawberry days. This is a yearly festival/parade. All available hotels were full. This is out of control of the motel however there were people outside of our door parting till 3 am. Next morning I checked out. The manager asked about our stay and I complained about all of the problems. She asked if I would like a refund for our stay to which I agreed. Her response then was I had to wait a week for the owner to return from a trip to Poland and they would call me. Week goes by and no call so I called the motel to inquire. The office tells me that the owner was still out of town until the next day to which I said "will they call me tomorrow?". They told me to try and call back the next day. After about an hour I received a call from another person to talk about our stay. I ntold him about all the problems and the offer of a refund from the management to which he said that going back in the books created problems for there bookkeeping and would like to offer a discounted rate for the next time we come to Glenwood. I told him that would not work. Why would I stay here again? Then he offered 2 tickets to the pool. I declined as our next trip to Glenwood was not in the near future. Why offer a refund when you don't intend to issue one. They require full payment on check in.
This gives them full advantage over the customer to say that refunds create book keeping issue. This motel could use some TLC as you will see in photos.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mfit, Manager at Glenwood Springs Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We really do apologize for this inconvenience, we always have all rooms fully stocked. This is a very untypical situation which had happened. The owner is always there and makes sure the place is in tip top shape. The owner was out of the country because her husband past away and was at his funeral so we do apologize and this situation shall never happen again.

Been to Glenwood Springs Inn? Share your experiences!