“good location in glenwood springs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Glenwood Springs Inn

You added Glenwood Springs Inn to your Saves list
Glenwood Springs Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   141 W. 6th St, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 (Formerly Glenwood Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Tallahassee, Florida
“good location in glenwood springs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Within walking distance of the hot springs and over the bridge to the downtown area. Good midrange motel with comfortable beds, frig, micro, hair dryer and larger rooms had table/chairs. They had delicious muffins, bagels and fruit pastery with coffee in the office.

Room Tip: If you need a table and chairs w/kids, it is worth the small extra charge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is not a luxury hotel so don't stop here if you are interested in an upscale room. The outside of the motel needs some updating, as well as the rooms,but it looks like they are doing some of that now: the bathroom had been remodeled simply, newer counter/sink, new paint. The beds were clean and comfy. Rooms were spacious. A/C worked fine, not the quietest but okay. Little fridge, microwave, hair dryer in room. Coffee and some bagels/pastries offered in the teeny lobby in the morning. The lady who checked us in was very nice and friendly. The room was quiet, I heard nothing from traffic or the parking lot,etc. Our friend's room was a bit smaller and similar in style. Overall, considering many of the rooms in the area are $200 I would say if you came to Glenwood Springs on a budget and the hotel is not your main attraction, this will be just fine. The Tequila's restaurant across the street is very convenient and good, I reviewed it as well. The lady at the front desk ( not the owner ) was very nice and friendly, a pleasure to work with.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
St. Cloud, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped here after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. The check in was easy, especially since we didn't have a reservation. The room was clean and comfortable, but was very outdated. We didn't spend much time in the room so we didn't mind it too much. We had a great view from the front of our room. They didn't have a hair dryer in the room, but we were able to borrow one from the front desk. Overall it was a decent place to stay at a low price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are a family of four. We were attending a wedding in the area and decided to make it into family trip. After research we choose the Glenwood Motor Inn based on reviews and location and three queen beds in the room. On the way up to Glenwood we hiked Hanging Lake which is in the canyon closed to Glenwood. After the hike we were looking foreword to winding down at the motel. After checking in and getting to our room everyone took a short nap. Time to take a shower and go to dinner. I head into the bathroom to discover there was no soap and the towels are not bath towels size but more of a smaller size that wouldn't wrap around you. So I decided to call the front desk. Guess what there is no phone in this room and we are on the back side of the motel not close to the office. Went to office and got soap and towels. After the shower I wanted to brush my teeth, no water out of the sink. Have to go back to the office to inform them of the problem. After about an hour they send a repair person to fix the sink. Decided to go out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant that is located across the street called Tequilas. Great place. Food was great and they gave us a ton. We brought back the leftovers and stock them in the refrigerator. Refrigerator is on the fritz and our food is not safe to eat. Back to the office to tell them about the refrigerator. A couple of hours later the repairman shows up and can't fix it and has to replace it. A two hour ordeal. We didn't notice that rear windows were open till later in the evening. One window had the handle crank on it the other was missing the handle.So back to the office for a repair. Later the repairman repairs it. Next day we are out for most of the day and get back late. No room service and it is late at night, the office is closed. No towels for us the next morning as we need to get ready for the wedding. Here's another problem is there is only one mirror located in the bathroom. If you have four people getting ready for a wedding needing a mirror and have to wait for the person in the bathroom to come out, well you get the picture. Another problem was this was a special weekend in Glenwood called Strawberry days. This is a yearly festival/parade. All available hotels were full. This is out of control of the motel however there were people outside of our door parting till 3 am. Next morning I checked out. The manager asked about our stay and I complained about all of the problems. She asked if I would like a refund for our stay to which I agreed. Her response then was I had to wait a week for the owner to return from a trip to Poland and they would call me. Week goes by and no call so I called the motel to inquire. The office tells me that the owner was still out of town until the next day to which I said "will they call me tomorrow?". They told me to try and call back the next day. After about an hour I received a call from another person to talk about our stay. I ntold him about all the problems and the offer of a refund from the management to which he said that going back in the books created problems for there bookkeeping and would like to offer a discounted rate for the next time we come to Glenwood. I told him that would not work. Why would I stay here again? Then he offered 2 tickets to the pool. I declined as our next trip to Glenwood was not in the near future. Why offer a refund when you don't intend to issue one. They require full payment on check in.
This gives them full advantage over the customer to say that refunds create book keeping issue. This motel could use some TLC as you will see in photos.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
mfit, Manager at Glenwood Springs Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
We really do apologize for this inconvenience, we always have all rooms fully stocked. This is a very untypical situation which had happened. The owner is always there and makes sure the place is in tip top shape. The owner was out of the country because her husband past away and was at his funeral so we do apologize and this situation shall never happen again.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The room was spacious and quiet, the front-desk lady was incredibly helpful - overall a great experience! Not to mention, it is in the same spot as Rosi's Bavarian Restaurant - great food!

Will definitely stay here again - thank you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Initially I was wary of staying in this motel, only because usually "motor inns" are on the lower end of motels. Not this one! I was very impressed by the room, it was spacious for a single queen room, with decent carpeting and wallpaper. It had an open closet, suitcase rack, clear counter space next to the microwave/fridge AND a table - plenty of space to put your stuff! Two chairs by the table to sit and relax (in addition to two chairs outside the room for outdoor relaxing). The bathroom was the usual size (not spacious) - my only complaint is that the shower head was a little low. This room was an improvement on the double queen Holiday Inn we'd stayed in the day before - by far! And much cheaper as well. Next time we are in Glenwood Springs, we'll definitely stay here again. Can't beat the room for the price. (I will note that we did not have the continental breakfast offered, although in the small "office", there seemed to be little room for the breakfast, however it may turn out to be more than I imagine could fit in the small space. If you're a breakfast person, perhaps try the restaurant across the parking lot, I believe it's owned by the same people.) This hotel is located very close to downtown Glenwood (near the Hot Springs, downtown area, and other touristy attractions), in addition to being within walking distance to great restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Not only did we have a great stay at the inn (super clean rooms, soundproof walls), but when we discovered much too late that our youngest child had left his most treasured stuffed animal behind, the wonderful woman who works the front desk actually tracked it down and mailed it to our house, free of charge. I can't stress enough what a kind gesture that was, or how happy she made one little boy. We will be staying here whenever we are near Glenwood, and we will most definitely be recommending these folks to all of our friends & family!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Glenwood Springs Inn? Share your experiences!