“Find Somewhere Else” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.postindependent.com/article/20110519/VALLEYNEWS/110519866
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Find Somewhere Else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Stopped for a late lunch + the poor service matched the food. Traveling alone I sat at the bar thinking I would get maybe faster service, but alas I wasn't even recognized for what seemed forever, probably like 5 min with a nearly empty place. Considering the venue I thought I would keep it simple and ordered fish & chips. Overbreaded + fries limp. Definitely priced for roadside convenience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Louth, Ireland
“Keep driving by......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Terrible meal. Strangely, there is little choice on the menu, so I settled on pasta. It was greasy, tasteless and did not come with the advertised garlic bread. My partner's steak was just "alright". The server was too attentive, removing plates before we were finished.

On the plus side, the decor was interesting. If the menu was revamped, this would be a great spot.

Visited May 2014
Windsor, Colorado
“Best Steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We traveled to Glenwood Springs by train. We were tired of the bland food and poor service downtown for dining that we could get to on foot. Vic's advertised that they would transport from local hotels. We are glad that we did that. The staff was super friendly. The service was awesome. The food was amazing. The atmosphere was great. And it was the best steak that we had had in years!

Peyton, Colorado
“Was not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We ended up here because the place we wanted to go to was closed due to renovations. Wish we had gone back to the hotel and asked for other recommendations. The waitress was pleasant but the food was rather tasteless in my opinion. And I thought when we stopped that being a somewhat retro 50's-60's place that we'd at least be able to get a sandwich, but those were only available for lunch, as if they wanted you to have to order a dinner for the $$$$'s. The front desk clerk at our hotel agreed with us when I said that was our main disappointment with Glenwood Springs as to our choice of restaurants that evening.

Visited April 2014
Aspen, Colorado
“too expensive, not good enough, not again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Always like to try a local/privately owned place. Our visits to Village were always 100%, our visit to Vic's was a disappointingly 25%. We had eaten at Vic's once before and it was OK. Prices were and still are too high, food was not very good, place was dirty. The owner seemed like he had better things to do than run this business. According to his employee he also owns the Charburger place next door. I looked in the kitchen through the window in the door and was not pleased with what I observed (a rolling 6' cart with UNCOVERED meat and other items on it), VIOLATION doesn't anyone inspect these restaurants?

When we departed (yes we did finish our meal) I walked around the building. I went through the gate at the east end of the building and almost got sick with the condition of that area. I was very nervous we were going to all get sick (food poisoning?) but to my amazement we did not!
I was talking with a man in down town Glenwood Spring that evening and he told me he had a friend who worked there as a cook. His friend was let go, so an person of questionable work status (maybe illegal) could save the owner a few dollars an hour. I believe it!

Not another visit for my family.

• Visited March 2014