When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a blond lady, we assume she was a manager. She had a kind of rude sarcastic attitude, but we did not think much of it. When we got to our room, which was about 2 hours after our check in time, it was disgusting and had not yet been cleaned, there was trash scattered around, pillows on the floor, sheets torn off and laying on the desk. Also, we booked a king bed but there were two singles in this room. We figured it was probably a mistake so we went over to the elevator to go back down to the lobby. Well, the elevator started making this horrible noise and some maids ran over to us and frantically told us to hurry and get off. Creepy. We then took the stairs and went back to the lobby where the blond lady told us, that the maids were running behind and to just set our stuff up there and wait, rude. And that there was nothing she could do about the bed situation, she said all this without once getting on the computer or putting forth and sort of effort to fix the situation, and on top of that she was rude and very sarcastic and talked in a very uncaring monotone voice. I was so mad I started calling other hotels to see if we could find something else. We went back to the trashed out room and looked up our room confirmation email where it clearly said we booked a king. My fiance went back to the lobby and showed her the email, and she was like fine there is a king on the 3rd floor. It was absolutely ridiculous, and I will NEVER stay in a holiday inn again. Ever. Nor would I ever recommend this hotel for anyone. Customer service is very important at a hotel especially when you are on vacation and paying a good chunk of money. I am almost certain any other Inn or Hotel of Motel or anything in Glenwood would be better then the Holiday Inn express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Glenwood Springs (Aspen Area). Whether traveling on business or on pleasure, this Glenwood Springs Hotel is the perfect choice offering free Smart Hot Buffet Breakfast, free Complimentary Wireless High-Speed Internet and the best hotel value in the Glenwood Springs / Aspen area! Convenient location just four blocks from the famous Hot Springs Pool. Adjacent to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Glenwood Springs newest area attraction open year around . Conveniently located near Ski Sunlight Resort or enjoy Aspen / Snowmass Ski Resort just 40 minutes from the hotel. Many restaurants and entertainment venues within a few blocks of the hotel. Ask about our packages! Group room rates also available by calling the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Holiday Inn Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Holiday Inn