My daughter and I went for a girls only trip for her 9th birthday. I told them ahead of time that we were arriving on her birthday and I guess I just thought that they might do something special in our room for her, but they didn't. :-(
We upgraded our room to have the king suite and it was on the first floor right beside the elevator. I was worried that it would be too noisy but the way the bed is situated around the corner, if you have the heat or A/C on you really can't hear the hallway or elevator noise, so that was a nice surprise!
We stayed 2 nights and the first morning we went to breakfast to find that both trash cans were completely overflowing as I watched the 2 ladies working the breakfast area sitting and chit chatting with one another. They never did empty the trash while we were there and just seemed bored and uninterested in their job. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. The eggs seemed like they must have been the powdered eggs and were not tasty at all. The sausage was just "okay". The coffee was good and the juice was good. Breakfast the next day was about the same except they weren't as busy so the trash wasn't completely overflowed.
The hotel is close to everything---very close to the Glenwood Hot Springs/Spa but not really walking distance as described on their website, as you have to drive through some busy intersections to get there. However, it takes less than 5 minutes to drive there. Right next door (and walking distance) is the Glenwood Springs Hotel where you can pay to ride the gondola up to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park. It was SO fun!
The hotel had a hot tub and pool but the pool was covered and there is no sign of them opening it anytime soon. The hot tub was open and the water was hot but it looked disgusting---dirty and stained! They told us we could go next door to the Hampton Inn to use their indoor pool and hot tub but we never did. I can't understand why they seem in no hurry to fix their pool. The entire pool area was dirty and looked like it was completely closed, but then you find the hot tub open but it's right beside the covered pool and surrounded by leaves and dirt on the sidewalk around the pool.
Our room was spacious and everything was clean. There was a microwave, mini fridge and mini coffee maker in the room. The TV was a nice size but there is no DVD player so I was glad that we brought our portable one to watch movies.
For Holiday Inn Express, this place was average. The room was clean, the location was great, but it wasn't as nice as come HI Expresses we've stayed at before. The parking lot was a little old and dirty and when we would come and go we always got to see the employees taking smoke breaks just outside the side door to the hotel.
I gave this a "Very Good" rating based on the location and the room size, front desk friendliness, and cleanliness of the room. The other things mentioned made it a less than desirable place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Glenwood Springs (Aspen Area). Whether traveling on business or on pleasure, this Glenwood Springs Hotel is the perfect choice offering free Smart Hot Buffet Breakfast, free Complimentary Wireless High-Speed Internet and the best hotel value in the Glenwood Springs / Aspen area! Convenient location just four blocks from the famous Hot Springs Pool. Adjacent to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Glenwood Springs newest area attraction open year around . Conveniently located near Ski Sunlight Resort or enjoy Aspen / Snowmass Ski Resort just 40 minutes from the hotel. Many restaurants and entertainment venues within a few blocks of the hotel. Ask about our packages! Group room rates also available by calling the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Holiday Inn Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Holiday Inn