My wife and I and another couple decided to spend a night in Glenwood Springs on our way to the wineries in Palisade. We chose the Holiday Inn Express, and really enjoyed it as a our home base for all of our activities.
We had our bikes, and did a 12 mile ride on the Rio Grande Trail which goes all the way to Aspen since the Colorado River was raging and the Glenwood Canyon Trail was closed. Both trails are easily accessible from the hotel. After the ride, we cleaned up, and then walked a few blocks to the great Italian Underground restaurant in downtown Glenwood Springs. Since it was getting late, we decided to enjoy the hotels pool and spa instead of paying an admission charge to the Hot Springs.
The next morning, after a good breakfast, we walked a block to the tram that took us up to Glenwood Caverns, and toured the caves. The tourguide turned out to be a high school classmate of mine, and she gave us a great tour. The caverns are worth seeing. After checking out, we stopped at Rifle Falls State Park, and enjoyed our time there, too, on our way to Palisade. That trip would also be an easy 4-5 hour adventure from the hotel.
I wanted to commend the hotel staff for their warm hospitality. They provided us a late check out that allowed us to leisurely visit the caverns, and Charlie was a hoot at the front desk as he helped us with our bikes and gave us good walking directions to downtown. We'll go back to this hotel again!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Holiday Inn Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Glenwood Springs (Aspen Area). Whether traveling on business or on pleasure, this Glenwood Springs Hotel is the perfect choice offering free Smart Hot Buffet Breakfast, free Complimentary Wireless High-Speed Internet and the best hotel value in the Glenwood Springs / Aspen area! Convenient location just four blocks from the famous Hot Springs Pool. Adjacent to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, Glenwood Springs newest area attraction open year around . Conveniently located near Ski Sunlight Resort or enjoy Aspen / Snowmass Ski Resort just 40 minutes from the hotel. Many restaurants and entertainment venues within a few blocks of the hotel. Ask about our packages! Group room rates also available by calling the hotel direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.