“Wonderful Glenwood Springs” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pullman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cross street: Cooper
Madison, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Glenwood Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Pullman is for foodies. The pork tenderloin special I had was wonderful. Our waiter was a lot of fun and very attentive. The beer was good too.

Visited September 2013

Clifton, New Jersey
“Great Menu for Everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Recently had lunch here - it has a great menu for vegetarians and meat eaters! Atmosphere was okay - somewhat stark.

Our waiter sat us at a corner table next to a brick wall while there were plenty of other tables available. He seemed surprised when we opted for a different table that was much brighter and had more room. He did re-seat us but the next couple who walked in got stuck at that dark corner table by the wall. Seems silly that he had a thing for that little dark table when so many other options were available.

The food was excellent - the service was somewhat absent. After we ordered lunch, we didn't see our waiter much of the time. We had to ask for bread, we had to wait a while for the check.

If you are looking for good food - it's great. If you're looking for service - well, maybe not your kind of place. If you want a bright, sunny table - be prepared to speak up!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, CA
“The right place to go in Glenwood Springs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have been going to Glenwood since the early 60's an have eaten at quite a number of places. Went there twice recently with my brother and a very dear old friend. I also tried a neighboring restaurant (J.L.) which was Ok but not great. Pullman has cheerful, quirky, fun waitstaff. Food is top notch, fresh and imaginative. I live in SF and eat out frequently, so I think I recognize good food-this is it. They were also nice enough to give my wife and I a complimentary glass of champagne for our anniversary.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Keswick, Virginia
“Thick Blood at the Pullman”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Food allergens cause the sufferer to be extra prudent, even with restaurants acclaimed for their food and chief quality. A call in advance about whether The Pullman was prepared to meet the needs of someone with gluten, soy and lactose allergies received an enthusiastic, "Not a problem at all." Armed with this assurance, we drove down from Vail to meet in Glenwood Springs long-time friends now living in Snowmass. They indicated they ate with some frequency at The Pullman and loved the food.
Upon entering, we loved the high-ceiling, wide-open feel of the restaurant. Our excellent server, Luke, was attentive to us, but seemed a bit perplexed when I shared that my allergies would require me to eat a restricted menu. The restaurant was not as prepared to deal with my allergies as they had stated. The initially ordered lamb patty was ruled out by the chief because bread was used to congeal the lamb. I settled on a fairly spartan bread-less burger with braised kale on the side. My wife ordered the soup of the day which she loved. Both meals were very satisfying. I would rate the burger as one of the five best I have ever eaten and the kale was beyond compare, prepared with just the right combination of crispness and chewing softness. Because we were headed out after the meal to hike up to Hidden Lake, we drank water while our friends sipped wine.
In hiking up to Hidden Lake two hours later, my wife noticed that my hands had swollen up and that the tips of my fingers had turned blue. I am an active road cyclist with a resting heart rate in the low 50's so poor circulation is not an issue for me. Apparently, the lunch-time kale, loaded with vitamin K, was increasing the coagulation of my blood, cutting off the flow of blood into my capillaries. So, if you are going to enjoy the delicious kale salad at The Pullman, be sure that you don't engage in strenuous exercise within a few hours after your meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is probably the best food we had in Glenwood Springs. We started with the duck waffles and then bone marrow both of which were delicious. My partner had the pieroges and I had the scallops, again both of which were very tasty, although there was a bit of sand in the scallops which prevented my finishing these. However our waitress was very understanding and took the cost off our bill and offered an alternative. We shared the rhubard ravioli for dessert, had a nice bottle of wine (as recommended by our terrific waitress) and would have gone back had we not only been in town for a couple of days.

Visited September 2013