“Ok they dont seem to care for the looks too much but....” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Dear locals and visitors, We are closing this fall for about a month starting October 5th til November 16th of 2014. Thank you for all your continued support and sorry for the inconvenience. We will be renovating the space during this brief closure. Thank you, Sincerely, Nepal
colorado
“Ok they dont seem to care for the looks too much but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Food !!! Soo tasty ...next to a gas station ...who cares ...I love this place , soo Low profile and full of taste , the gf love the milky tea and the masala I love everything

Aspen, Colorado
“Truly Special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I am thrilled to have found a remarkable, delicious and authentic restaurant serving fine quality Nepalese food at very fair prices. Although I had never eaten Nepalese cuisine, I discovered that it is similar to Indian, though lighter and with more variety, including wonderful vegetarian choices, in addition to the traditional chicken, lamb and shrimp dishes.

I found myself fully enjoying simply reading the menu, (it all sounded so good) but ultimately choose a light sauteed shrimp entree, in dried tomato sauce with vegetables. Wow! I couldn't help myself and decided to order another entry of sauteed creamy spinach with tandoori chicken. This of course, was in addition to the delicate and tasty Naan and a scrumptious lamb dish that my daughter ordered, and that I naturally tried.

What makes this even more fun is that the location, next to the Phillips 66 gas station on the way into Glenwood (coming from El Jebel) is so unpretentious that expectations are low, while the experience is just the opposite. The people who served us were totally lovely, and the experience was truly special... one of my favorite places now, in the valley.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Outstanding food, service, and value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Our family stopped here for lunch after driving down valley from hiking near Aspen. We had tried to come here on an earlier trip, but it was closed on a Sunday, so we were glad to be able to come.
The restaurant is spartanly furnished, but it is super clean. We were seated promptly, and we ordered four different entrees and some naan so that we could share. The kids ordered kewab, both chicken and lamb, and it was flavorful and perfectly prepared. My lamb curry was delicious and my wife's vegetarian entree was delicious, too. The naan was a great hit, too. The cheese naan is like a quesadilla as something to keep in mind if you have small children who may be picky eaters.
I felt the meal was a great value, too. I left very full, but not overstuffed. We ordered beers (Maharajah!), naan, and entrees for everyone for about $13 each.
This will be an automatic stop for me in the Roaring Fork valley from now on.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boulder, Colorado
“Food and service par excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

No doubt this is rated number one on tripadvisor. Awesome food and excellent service. Owner was very friendly and gave personal touch to the service. We not only ate dinner but ordered food for the next day as to go.

Carbondale
“Best restaurant in the Roaring Fork Valley.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent staff. Great value and excellent food. We are locals and have been coming to this restaurant for more than 10 years. Whenever you are in Glenwood, don't miss this place!