“Please open a restaurant in Houston!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Dear locals and visitors, We are closing this fall for about a month starting October 5th til November 16th of 2014. Thank you for all your continued support and sorry for the inconvenience. We will be renovating the space during this brief closure. Thank you, Sincerely, Nepal
HOUSTON
“Please open a restaurant in Houston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Only a short 15 minute drive from Glenwood Springs, it is one of the best restaurants in the area - and my family thinks the best Indian/Nepalese restaurants we have been to!

My family ate at Nepal December 28th and again (tonight) January 2nd.
Ratings from 1 - 10 best: Food = 10!, Service=10!, Atmosphere=10!.

It is family owned and run restaurant. The father and son helped us choose the best dishes for us to share, carefully selecting each to complement the other. Everyone was so kind and very welcoming. You can tell they want you to have only the best experience.

Beverages: My brother got the mango lassi, which we all tried and liked. It was creamy and fresh after a long day of skiing Aspen. I had the chia (hot spiced tea with milk), that our server kept refilling throughout both our meals. My parents both had a glass of red wine.

Food:
Our server / the owner, suggested the combo platter. It was just enough for the 4 of us to split it and not be full for our entrees. There are many different naans to choose from; the 1st night the waiter mixed the cheese and garlic, and the 2nd night cheese and onion - I wanted another order of the cheese onion as I have never tasted the delicious combination before but my Mom told me not to overeat :). Entrees: we tried two veggie dishes: the eggplant curry, and saag paneer (indian cheese sautéed with spinach); we wanted both so our server kindly told us he could do a half order of them. Meat: our server suggested the chicken korma, and lamb makhani. My brother wanted another lamb dish but my parents told him we ordered enough, BUT kindly our server said he would bring my brother out a little plate to try it - which made him really happy and us too because we loved it :)

*Every person gets their own steel plate with rice, beans, and two sauces.

2nd night we had the traditional chicken curry, along with a half order of the saag paneer and a suggested a veggie curry dish with vegetable balls. It was great!

Dessert: more mmm... We ordered the khir, which is like rice pudding. It was delicious - sad I had to share it with my brother.

Seriously.... everything that we ordered was amazing, and I am sure that everything else on the menu is equally amazing! Can't wait for our next ski trip to try more things on the menu!

My only wish is that they would open Nepal in Houston :) -- or at least provide cooking classes so next time we are here I can learn how to cook their dishes for myself at home!

Thank you!

• Visited January 2014

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Wonderful food, wonderful people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were coming into Glenwood Springs New Year's Eve in the midst of a three day road trip. We were looking for a comforting meal and the online reviews looked excellent. We were arriving just before closing. Not wanting to be a burden, we offered to just order take out. They assured us it was not a bother and were encouraged to eat in. The food was incredible. Even more incredible was their kindness and the service we were provided. They made us weary travelers feel right at home. Enjoying superb food while conversing with the staff about travel and music was the highlight of our evening!

Carbondale, Colorado
“So many reasons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I bring my 7th & 8th grade classes to visit Narayan's for so many reasons.
1. The generous Lohani family really enjoys having them in their restaurant.
2. The honesty of the Lohani's about their experience as Nepalis immigrants to the US.
3. The collection of Buddhist and Hindu art on the walls is bar none the best available in a public space in the Valley. The students complete an extensive scavenger hunt (designed just for Narayan's) that requires them to integrate all they've learned about both religions and their iconography.
4. The food is excellent, particularly the Chicken Makhani and the Baigan Bartha, Samosa & Chia.
5. The kids LOVE it.
(6. I also bring food from Narayan's to share with my Comparative Religion class @ CMC!)

Thank you so much to Om, Ozus and all the Lohanis for another wonderful visit. See you soon!
Ted Frisbie, Carbondale Community School

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Don't miss out!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been a regular customer since the day they opened. The food is consistently awesome. The owners are wonderful and take great pride in what they do. It is a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Don't leave town without visiting Nepal Restaurant!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our favourite restaurant in the valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been eating the great food here since 1999,always a great experience,we usually dine here at least once a week.
5 stars.