“Such a relaxing experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Such a relaxing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Upon our arrival to the Glenwood springs courtyard Marriott, my son and I were tired and road weary having driven from the grand canyon. We arrived quite late, (11 p.m.) and we're greeted by a smiling friendly face as we checked in. The immaculate, air conditioned room was so welcoming, and the beds extremely comfortable. In the morning we woke up and went downstairs to enjoy the bistro, and afterwards enjoyed the hotel pool and workout room. The staff directed us to the many interesting sights in Glenwood and we had the best day exploring all the beautiful mountain city had to offer. We decided to stay a second night, our accommodations were so welcoming!!! I will be reluctant to stay any other place in Glenwood besides the Marriott courtyard the next time I visit!!! We were treated like kings!

• Stayed August 2013
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Steveob1971,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO. The entire staff would like to thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our family of four stayed here for two nights and had a very positive experience. The lobby and bistro area is spacious and modern. The front desk service was excellent. The room was sparkling clean and very comfortable. The pool was small, but we came to swim in the "big" pool in town, so that wasn't an issue. It's a great location - within a couple of minutes drive to downtown and easy walking distance to new restaurants and stores, including Target, in case you forgot your sunscreen. Housekeeping came early, so I suggest using the "Do Not Disturb" sign if you want to sleep past 8 am.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Hello SunnysideGirl14,

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO! The staff here at the Courtyard appreciates your positive comments regarding the service they provided during your stay. We hope that you are able to visit again soon!
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My son and I came in to Glenwood Springs on Thursday and stayed at Courtyard by Marriot until Saturday morning. We were first impressed by the staff who greeted us as we entered with smiles on their faces and easy conversation. Our room was impeccable and not just impeccable (and fancy) but comfortable with just the right amount of decor/furniture without overdoing it. The bed was super dreamy! and the shower too! Over the next 2 days as we were in /out of the hotel,every single staff member we encountered was kind and asked us if we needed anything or just how our day was going. Very kind. We had breakfast in the lobby one morning and the staff there also was kind as well as efficient and had a really nice breakfast and coffee ready in a short amount of time. You had to pay but it beat going out and searching for a good cup of coffee. The exercise room/pool were nice and clean. We will definitely come back to stay at this hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Jessica C

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and all of the staff would love to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. We hope that you are able to visit again soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked this on a discount site, thank goodness is was 30% less, we are very disappointed. I have stayed at many Marriotts and have always been impressed. It feels like a temporary movie set here. "Modern" like an upscale Ikea with backhoes still putting the gardens in around the property. Stonework and cement are cracking and falling off around the perimeter. Shower handle broken, stains on the carpet, no complimentary coffee or treats in lobby. I asked for a room with 2 beds since there are four of us, staff insisted they were completely "sold out" I begged, she wouldn't budge. We got a pull out bed and the spare blanket was full of dog hairs-seriously. Someone smuggled their Labradore in for sure. Then there was the blackout around 11pm- right during the climax of the movie we were all wrapped up in-missed that ending. And they don't supply lotion anymore so we had to ask for it. And when my daughter needed an aspirin....the "store" was sold out. Worst Marriott ever! Oh, and did I mention the Bistro is fryin up something and the entire hotel smells like a greasy spoon or worse, MacDonalds. If you are coming to swim, the water is lovely but the pool is smaller than our room and only 4 ft deep. Need I say more?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Cynthia K,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO. I am very sorry that you were disappointed in your stay with us. I would love to speak with you more about it and may be reached at 970-947-1300. In the meantime, I have saved your comments to address at our next Manager's meeting. Thank you.
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our families third time staying in Glenwood Springs at the Courtyard Marriott and it does not get any better. From the cleaniness of the rooms to the expertise of the staff this hotel takes care of you like none other. Upon our arrival we were greeted and checked in by the General Manager (Laura Brooks). What hotel do you get that kind of treatment? The check-in was swift and all our requests were met as booked per our on-line reservation. Upon entering the room my son was so excited by the spacious rooms and the scenic views of Glenwoood Springs. I always check the beds and the bathrooms when I walk into a room and the maid service here was superb everything looked clean and shiny, I knew we were going to be just fine. We dropped our stuff and headed out to explore the rest of the hotel! We found a beautiful lobby/business center with a Internet TV that I would want in my living room. It told us all about the hotel and all the cool stuff in Glenwood. My son was anxious to find the pool and the jacuzzi which we did in no time. It was quiet and had many windows looking outside to the vistas of Glenwood. The excercise room was very accomodating for any kind of work out you could want. A nice on-site cafe with breakfast and evening appetizers that are quite good. This hotel is so perfectly located we were amazed that we were just minutes from the fun and action of downtown. I would reccomend this hotel for business or pleasure. If you need a reliable, cost-friendly, quiet atomosphere Courtyard Marriott Glenwood Springs is your #1 choice hands down!

Room Tip: Try room 225 perfect for a family!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello Eddie M,

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all of the staff would love to thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope that you are able to visit again soon!
colorado springs, colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are in Glenwood Springs often on business. The hotel was busy so I do take that into consideration as I write this review. Overall, we were disappointed. The hotel is noisy and obviously poorly constructed with little insulation. We listened to the pounding of feet above us as children ran to and fro and heavy footed adults walked from one end of the room to the other for 2 days and nights. We could also hear conversations in the room next to us. If you want peace and quiet, this is not the place to stay. Although the traffic noise was not horribly busy, it was still noticed. There is no free breakfast which we are accustomed to at this price point. There is a "boutique" style food service where you can get items for all meals (such as pizza) which is convenient but the prices were high and we opted to visit the local Target instead for food items when we did not go to a restaurant. The biggest complaint was that I inadvertantly left clothes in the closet after we checked out. I realize this was my fault and called the hotel within an hour after checkout. They assured me they would contact UPS that day and the clothes would be sent at my cost which I obviously expected. After no clothes (we live only 250 miles away) and several phone calls throughout the following 2 weeks, I finally got someone who was willing to help me (thank you, Rick!). The clothes were found still at the hotel with no attempt to get them back to me. This is a shame because their lack of good customer service cost them returning customers. On the plus side, the room was clean and roomy but nothing out of the ordinary. The hotel is also located within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. But with so many other options from which to choose and with their price being on the high end of mid-priced hotels, we will not stay again at this particular hotel.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs! :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hello Tomnpam,

Thank you for staying at the Coutyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO. I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay here and particularly sorry that we did not return your lost items to you in a timely fashion. I would love to speak with you about your stay further and may be contacted at 970-947-1300. Again, thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am blown away by this courtyard! I visit Glenwood Springs often and had never stayed here, but I wanted to try something new and I am so happy I did! First of all the interior of this place is absolutely gorgeous! The rooms are perfect, super clean and fresh! Better than any other hotel up here for sure! Love the location, right next to a beautiful community garden and red mountain. You can get to an awesome hiking/running trail right outside the parking lot. We jogged to the hot springs pool and it was a perfect mile run across the Colorado river. The views are amazing and they have a fabulous bistro that serves very reasonably priced fresh food. Lots of great options for our 4 year old and healthy too! Jessica was the bartender server and she was super sweet, such a treat to have such good service. Very impressed overall with everything! Great views too!!

• Stayed July 2013
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello Coloradorunners,

Thank you so much for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, Co. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your experience with Tripadvisor's readership! We hope that you and your family are able to stay with us again in the near future. Again, thank you!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs? Share your experiences!