“What a wonderful hotel and stay AGAIN!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Aurora, Colorado
“What a wonderful hotel and stay AGAIN!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was our families third time staying in Glenwood Springs at the Courtyard Marriott and it does not get any better. From the cleaniness of the rooms to the expertise of the staff this hotel takes care of you like none other. Upon our arrival we were greeted and checked in by the General Manager (Laura Brooks). What hotel do you get that kind of treatment? The check-in was swift and all our requests were met as booked per our on-line reservation. Upon entering the room my son was so excited by the spacious rooms and the scenic views of Glenwoood Springs. I always check the beds and the bathrooms when I walk into a room and the maid service here was superb everything looked clean and shiny, I knew we were going to be just fine. We dropped our stuff and headed out to explore the rest of the hotel! We found a beautiful lobby/business center with a Internet TV that I would want in my living room. It told us all about the hotel and all the cool stuff in Glenwood. My son was anxious to find the pool and the jacuzzi which we did in no time. It was quiet and had many windows looking outside to the vistas of Glenwood. The excercise room was very accomodating for any kind of work out you could want. A nice on-site cafe with breakfast and evening appetizers that are quite good. This hotel is so perfectly located we were amazed that we were just minutes from the fun and action of downtown. I would reccomend this hotel for business or pleasure. If you need a reliable, cost-friendly, quiet atomosphere Courtyard Marriott Glenwood Springs is your #1 choice hands down!

Room Tip: Try room 225 perfect for a family!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Hello Eddie M,

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and all of the staff would love to thank you for your wonderful comments. We hope that you are able to visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
colorado springs, colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We are in Glenwood Springs often on business. The hotel was busy so I do take that into consideration as I write this review. Overall, we were disappointed. The hotel is noisy and obviously poorly constructed with little insulation. We listened to the pounding of feet above us as children ran to and fro and heavy footed adults walked from one end of the room to the other for 2 days and nights. We could also hear conversations in the room next to us. If you want peace and quiet, this is not the place to stay. Although the traffic noise was not horribly busy, it was still noticed. There is no free breakfast which we are accustomed to at this price point. There is a "boutique" style food service where you can get items for all meals (such as pizza) which is convenient but the prices were high and we opted to visit the local Target instead for food items when we did not go to a restaurant. The biggest complaint was that I inadvertantly left clothes in the closet after we checked out. I realize this was my fault and called the hotel within an hour after checkout. They assured me they would contact UPS that day and the clothes would be sent at my cost which I obviously expected. After no clothes (we live only 250 miles away) and several phone calls throughout the following 2 weeks, I finally got someone who was willing to help me (thank you, Rick!). The clothes were found still at the hotel with no attempt to get them back to me. This is a shame because their lack of good customer service cost them returning customers. On the plus side, the room was clean and roomy but nothing out of the ordinary. The hotel is also located within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. But with so many other options from which to choose and with their price being on the high end of mid-priced hotels, we will not stay again at this particular hotel.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs! :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hello Tomnpam,

Thank you for staying at the Coutyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, CO. I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay here and particularly sorry that we did not return your lost items to you in a timely fashion. I would love to speak with you about your stay further and may be contacted at 970-947-1300. Again, thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I am blown away by this courtyard! I visit Glenwood Springs often and had never stayed here, but I wanted to try something new and I am so happy I did! First of all the interior of this place is absolutely gorgeous! The rooms are perfect, super clean and fresh! Better than any other hotel up here for sure! Love the location, right next to a beautiful community garden and red mountain. You can get to an awesome hiking/running trail right outside the parking lot. We jogged to the hot springs pool and it was a perfect mile run across the Colorado river. The views are amazing and they have a fabulous bistro that serves very reasonably priced fresh food. Lots of great options for our 4 year old and healthy too! Jessica was the bartender server and she was super sweet, such a treat to have such good service. Very impressed overall with everything! Great views too!!

• Stayed July 2013
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hello Coloradorunners,

Thank you so much for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriott in Glenwood Springs, Co. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your experience with Tripadvisor's readership! We hope that you and your family are able to stay with us again in the near future. Again, thank you!
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was one of the nicest stays at a Courtyard Marriott. The room was extremely clean. The staff was very welcoming and friendly upon arrival. The hotel is in a beautiful location, and the Marriott spirit of customer service and quality accommodations is shown in this property. I would look forward to returning to this property in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Jeffs518,

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriot in Glenwood Springs, CO! We very much appreciate the positive feedback you had concerning our staff and our hotel. The staff here at the Courtyard appreciates the time you took to share your experience and we hope to see you again in the near future. Again, thank you!
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nice hotel and clean. One male front desk staff is not very friendly or say don't feel like want to help you at all. Other front desk staff (female) are super nice and provide great info about local attractions. I think this is a good hotel to stay if you are in Glenwood Spring. It would be nice if there is more breakfast items.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bob W,

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriot in Glenwood Springs, CO. I am very sorry about the mixed reviews you had concerning the service you received at our hotel. I would love to speak with you more about your experiences, and in the meantime I will be using your comments as part of our next staff training. I may be contacted at 970-947-1300. Again, thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Newer hotel near Target, Chili’s and other dining options. Located close to downtown – but not walkable. I booked months in advance and got an amazing rate. I do thank the hotel for that.

Room was nice and modern. We really liked the shower in the bathroom. No tub option which worked fine for us. Liked the wet bar area with the fridge. Being so close to Target was nice to be able to stock up on some refrigerated kid snacks/drinks. Pool area was small but never was that busy. Not a lot of seating around the pool area however there was nice, comfortable outdoor seating area just outside the pool area.

I sort of scoffed at the Bistro (restaurant) in the lobby as I walked in the first day. I normally do not dine in hotels as I tend to find them highly overpriced for mediocre food. But our family looked at the menu and ended up having breakfast there both mornings. I was sort of expecting subpar, high priced, limited “microwaved” options but that was not the case. It’s a casual dining concept – order at the counter and the food is brought out to you. I got the Healthy Start breakfast sandwich (egg white, spinach, cheese on an English muffin – it was huge) both mornings because it was so good. The potatoes were tasty too. They have these little “table pods” which had individual TV’s for the table. This was something that my kids got a kick out of. Don’t write this off as an dining option like I initially wanted to do – it is worth checking out. This is our second year doing this Glenwood trip and we really haven’t found many spectacular dining options in the city. Food options we have tried in downtown is either blah or way overpriced.

Only issues we had were the noises from the people in the room above us and housekeeping. The people above us appeared to have very heavy feet. Front desk did offer to move us to a different room but it would have been more of a headache than it was really worth. But I did appreciate the offer. Glenwood Springs is a kid/family friendly town, it is our expectation that kid related noises will occur. Not the hotels fault. When we came back from the pool at 430pm on our second day, our room had not yet been made up. Hotel was sold out the night prior and was very busy. Housekeeping appeared stressed / understaffed – they did get us some additional towels. Again, it didn’t bother us that much.

Any encounter with the staff was pleasant. Everyone was helpful and professional. The TV monitor in the lobby was sort of neat. It featured news headlines, weather, etc. Lobby was large with plenty of options for seating. No issues with parking. Grounds were well kept.

Thank you for a great weekend in Glenwood Springs. We would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Grach821,

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriot in Glenwood Springs, CO. I am delighted to read of your positive experience in our Bistro! We hope to see you again here at the Courtyard in the future! Again, thank you!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed for one night during a whitewater rafting trip. It's actually very close to Whitewater Adventures Rafting Co. Front desk clerk who checked us in was friendly and helpful. Hotel is well appointed and beds are comfortable. Only downside (and reason I gave it 4 instead of 5) is there is no outdoor pool - only indoor. Also, location is a bit removed from downtown area. We usually stay at hotels w/in walking distance to all the shops and restaurants in Glenwood. Overall though I would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Spadesqueen74,

Thank you for staying at the New Courtyard by Marriot in Glenwood Springs, CO. Thank you so much for your positive feedback! The staff here at the Courtyard is always excited to read the positive reviews. We hope that we can accommodate you in the future! Again, thank you!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Glenwood Springs? Share your experiences!