“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We stayed overnight on a Saturday. Convenient location, only a couple of minutes away from the Hot Springs Pool and downtown Glenwood Springs. This is a newer Residence Inn with very comfortable accomodations. Would definitely recommend this Residence Inn and will stay here again the next time we are in town.

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Good Morning,
I hope that your day is enjoyable and I wanted to take a moment and say thank you very much
for you kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn Glenwood Springs.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and we can't wait to have you come back and visit.
Today the snow looks beautiful with the mountains in the background.
Again thank you very much for your comments and we hope to see you soon.
Myrna Green

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

We've stayed at a couple of different properties in Glenwood Springs - the Hotel Denver and the Residence Inn. My recommendation for families is the Residence Inn. This newer hotel is cleaner with amenities suited more for travelers with children. Although further away from the city center, several restaurants are within walking distance. The local recreation center is across the street and shopping for those forgotten travel necessities is an easy walk to a nearby Target. The drawbacks of this hotel are: average value and a crowded and poorly laid-out breakfast area. During our stay, we arrived late at night (after 11:30 PM) and were greeted by a friendly staff member, linens were missing from our sofa bed, but promptly delivered after a phone call. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to take just a few minutes and say thank you for staying at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Glenwood Springs.
It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your stay here, even our overcrowded breakfast area.
Comments like yours are appreciated and help us to grow and become a stronger hotel.
Again thank you for your kind remarks and we hope to see you next time your in Glenwood Springs.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

This hotel is only a few months old. The design is contemporary, lots of nice features like plasma TVs, fire pit outdoors, 360 views, lovely breakfast area, indoor pool & hot tub, gym.
You will find anything you need in the room's kitchen, all appliances and dishes are brand new. Although the exterior looks like a painted shoebox, you get pleasantly surprised as soon as you walk in to the lobby. We were told this is a new prototype for the new generation of Residence Inn hotels.
It was a very comfortable stay and a good night sleep.
Located 2 minutes away from the hot springs, dining area, downtown. Staff is very friendly!
My advice - bring your own lotion, for some reason it wasn't provided when we were there, but maybe it'll change. CO is super dry!

Matthews, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Very new, very large, very comfortable rooms. More than I usually want to spend in a small town on leisure, but it was a nice respite from all the roadside motels. Very good amenities, friendly staff, well located.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
Hello recent Guest,
I hope your having a good day, and I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Glenwood Springs.
I'm glad to read that you had a nice visit with us and I hope that the next time you are in town you will choose to stay with us again.
Again thank you for the kind comments,
Sincerely
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

My family had a very stressful year. We sorely needed a postive get away. With that in mind I selected what I thought was the best of the best in this lovely little town. I booked 2 large king suites that were next door to each other, I used Priceline and booked well in advance. Didnt get the room availablity for the one suite that would have accomodated our party of four, but decided to splurge anyway. Realiizing I forgot to mention the fact we were also AAA, I called both the Hotel and Priceline back and was advised to just show the card upon check in and it would be adjusted. I must make it abundantly clear I was told this by both priceline and the hotel. First mistake was I trusted both parties whom I am absolutely certain told me showing my card would be sufficient. I should have cancelled it and rebooked as the rooms were still open and I could have cancelled with no penalty, but I assumed i was being given correct information about adjustments. To be honest I had that weird feeling that it would happen like this but ignored my gut. Upon check in the manager on duty, Greg, told me I was not given that information and that i was absolutely mistaken and had talked to "some very stupid people".. He went on to tell me he had the AAA discount that night, but he would not be giving it to me. Not too sure why he had to throw that bit of info in. It would have made a cumulative difference of $30.00 a night for 5 nights. Just audio record or email any details would be my advice because I should have done that and it cost us an extra $150.00 and we spent almost two grand there..
I also had our 3 dogs with us, and they can be nervous. I called the hotel many times prior to arrival with various questions and concerns about pet policy, the kitchen, the proximty of the two rooms etc. I specifically addressed how pet friendly they were, even asking them if it would be a problem if my dogs barked when hearing doors etc. because I knew they would! Again, assured by a staffer that would not be an issue and that all pets were sectioned off to one area and of course they expected barking.. Our family stepped out to go the Hot Springs pool day one, we were gone from about noon to four. the time MOST people are checked out and maids cleaning. Came back to the room to get an incredibly rude terse phone message from the front desk asking us to Paaaleeeze do something about our dogs as the maid had reported she heard them barking. It turns out the GM left the message. I assumed it was an untrained clerk by the tone of it and immediately asked to speak with the GM. I was very upset at this point with the rudeness I felt it was so rude I offered to have the GM come listen to it. SHe then told me she knew what it said because SHE left it! I tried to be very pleasant and said we were going to be there 5 days and things had gotten off to a "rocky" start, I then handed her the screwdriver the maintenence man had dropped in our kitchen trying to fix the over head kitchen light earlier that day. The light also had gone out again. She said she would have him stop back again. He never did, our kitchen was dark for the next four days. She was very very terse and acted self important. I knew within 5 seconds we would not make progress. Her first suggestion or offer was to find me another place to stay in a very sarcastic way, insinuatiing i was unhappy.. She then told me she could not have a barking dog in "her" hotel. Then she said 'do you see that woman and her dog? they have been staying here for the past year ( open for 3 months) and I have never heard that dog bark once". Well there you have it folks, just saying think twice here. I said I dont want anyone to suffer that either and brought meds for the dogs if needed, but the message only said the maid heard them. Well the maids were loud and that would not surprise me with the doors opening and closing, but thats not really being pet friendly. we actually returned a schnauzer running around the hall to his owner. From that point on we always had a family member stay in the room which meant we did not have anytime together as a family for the entire visit, it was completely ruined. Nor did we allow the maid in because of her sensitivity to dogs. This is a beautiful facility and it is very unfortuante that such snippy people are running it and I hope that Marriot will make this right somehow when I contact them. We are nice people, we spent a considerable amount of money and we were subjected to very disrespectful staffers. I'm still in shock to be honest, like did that really happen? It was like they were mean and tired or something.
pros...location not far from town and shopping centers, new clean facilty, solid construction not noisey, great food buffets, you can have a dog there at least,

cons...construction kinks, electrical problems with over head lights, micro wave resetting, poor customer service from staff, squeaking doors need w-40, brnt toast smell in the mornings.hard to find off exit, need some signs, need recycle bins, we carried plastic bottles all the way home!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, September 14, 2010
I would like to take a moment to say that even after our discussion on the confusion with 3rd party rates and barking dogs, sorry to here you still were not satisfied.
We at the Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs do our best to make sure that all of our guest are happy and that they enjoy their stay.
I hope that in the future you will contact the hotel directly before making your reservation so that we can make sure you get the best rate available.
Also we are a pet friendly hotel, but three barking dogs left in a room causes a distrubance for are non pet lovers.
Again I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
Parker, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Our family stayed at the Residence Inn Glenwood for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. The property is brand new and very clean. The staff was very professional and took care of us with restaurant recommendations and advice on local outings. We found the room to be very comfortable and spacious with a full kitchen and a flatscreen TV in every room.

Gregg, the guest services manager, was fantastic and went out of his way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The fire pit outside would be great for making smores and the grill in the courtyard is available to make your own lunch or dinner.

Our family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on our last trip to Glenwood, which was nice, but the Residence Inn was outstanding and worth the little extra money. We will be back!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Have stayed here twice. The employees here are great. The rooms are very nice and well equipted. Location next to shopping with restaurants and not too far to walk downtown and hot springs. I used to stay at Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn. This is so much nicer. The Residence Inn offers complimentary beer ( great microbrews) and burger/hotdogs on Thursday evening. The have a fire pit also, which is nice for relaxing.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
riglenwoodgm, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
Good Morning,
Thank you very much for your return visit to the Residence Inn Glenwood Springs. It is great to hear that repeat guest take the time to comment on their stay, and to have such nice remarks.
We love our Social hour and our fire pit-we can't to see how it looks this winter-come and join us then.
Again thank you for the kind comments and hope to see you soon.

Myrna Green

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Glenwood Springs? Share your experiences!