“Excellent for families!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Swimming, Hiking, Sunbathing
More attraction details
Owner description: Located between Aspen and Vail, you'll find the World's Largest Hot Springs Pool. The Ute Indians called it Yampah, meaning "big medicine." Soothe your muscles after outdoor activities year round. The large pool is kept at a comfortable 90°- 93° F and the smaller therapy pool averages about 104° F. Additional amenities include a lodge, spa, athletic club, grill and shopping. Relieve muscle and joint pain, or just relax and feel the wonder of a soak in our hot springs. Soaking in hot, highly concentrated mineral water has many health benefits. Increasing body temperature helps the body naturally kill harmful germs and viruses, eliminate toxins, and increase blood flow. The absorbtion of essential minerals gives the body a natural boost. You will feel the difference within minutes of stepping in. Jump in the large pool, at over 400 feet long, and "cool down." Swim laps or practice your form on the diving board. Water slides, mini golf, and kiddie pool are available in the warmer months. Bring your own cooler and snacks, or stop by the poolside Grill to grab a bite.
Longmont, Colorado
“Excellent for families!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Pros: 1. Was extremely clean. 2. Very spacious, you will not run into anyone else. 3. Different temperature pools. 4. Beautiful scenery. 5. Clean bathrooms/change areas. 6. Lockers if you need them. 7. Clean/gorgeous pools. 8. Bubble chairs were fun and interesting.

Cons: 1. A bit pricey for one adult/one child. 2. Could use a heated outdoor area. 3. Could use a place outdoors to get water/drinks.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
“Very charming and relaxing visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have been coming to the Hot Springs Pool for many years. We especially enjoy visiting in the winter evenings. After a day of skiing or hiking it is a wonderful and relaxing spot to soak those tired bones.

Visited January 2013
Irvine, California
10 attraction reviews
“A classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We love the old time atmosphere and the various degrees of temperature that are available in the two huge pools. A midweek visit in winter is especially nice because there is LOTS of room to roam around in without bumping in to other folks.

Visited February 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Looks beautiful, but was not very clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I came up here for a long weekend and decided to check out the famous hot springs. Once inside we were less than impressed...men's locker room was closed and the women's was disgusting. The locker room smelled and it did not appear that there was much to keep it cleaned. I felt dirty just changing in there. There are lockers that cost .50 to rent and you must pay that anytime you wish to open it and re-lock it. They also charge to rent towels so bring your own! Once we got to the pool area it was pretty packed, even though it was a random weekend. There was a large selection of people in the 104 degree pool, including newborn babies! Seriously, what are these people thinking?! Surprised none of the lifeguards stepped in for that one. The water felt great, but it was so packed it was kind of hard to enjoy. We brought coins for the bubble chairs, but they weren't anything to write home about. This was my 4th hot spring I have visited and it was my least favorite. It is a beautiful place with lots of history, but it needs some serious focus on cleanliness and basic up-keep.

Visited February 2013
Gainesville, Georgia
“A great start to the day and an even better end.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent our time in Glenwood Springs skiing at Sunlight Mountain Resort. We headed back to our hotel and then decided to go take a soak. Wow.....that was amazing! I didn't really know what to expect. I read the brochure and kept wondering how my head wouldn't be freezing. Should I take a hat? Well I didn't and honestly I felt no need for one. Because we stayed at the Glenwood Lodge, we had passes to the pool. We actually forgot to take our towels but that wasn't a problem because they will provide them to you at no extra charge. The facility has changing rooms and showers upstairs with lockers. We were a bit taken back by the initial shock of the cold air outside but quickly moved to the "hot" pool. Hello warm soothing waters....wow! The pool has seating options all along the interior perimeter of the pool. We sat on a bench seat so the only part out of the water was our heads and nope...they weren't cold even though it was snowing. The pool also has some other seating options that for a quarter turn on jets under the seat....like your own private jacuzzi. I was sitting in one of the seats and a man sat down next to me and all of a sudden the water bubbled vigorously. At first I was a little worried....the hot spring had gone mad....but then I saw where he put his quarter in to get the jets working. It was really nice. After about 20 minutes, we moved over to the bigger of the pools which is a more tolerable temperature. We stayed in that for about 30 minutes or so and then we went back to the showers. I wished that I had packed some flip flops but had forgotten. Staff was very friendly. Shower facilities were clean.

Visited January 2013