“SO much fun” 5 of 5 stars

1-800-530-1635
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
Activities: Group tours/walking tour, Hiking, Kayaking, Skiing, Snowboarding, Mountain biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in historic Glenwood Springs, Colorado, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park offers a unique mountain-top adventure that's fun for the whole family. Featuring three guided tours of Glenwood Caverns & Historic Fairy Caves, voted "One of the Top 10 Places to Go Underground" by USA Today; Colorado’s longest alpine coaster; America's highest-elevation roller coaster; a giant swing; tram rides; a zip ride; a 4D theater; laser tag; climbing wall; restaurants; and breathtaking Rocky Mountain scenery. Great for groups, family reunions and birthday parties.
Fountain, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
“SO much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My 9 year old and I went for a 'staycation' for just us two in Glenwood springs a few years ago, and decided to try this place. NOW we go every summer. The park is small, but a lot of fun. The Giant Canyon Swing is the scariest thing I've ever done, but we did it over and over. :) The Alpine Coaster is also a favorite. (Just make sure you don't wear a sundress to the park like I did my first time.)

The park also is educational, and we still do the cave tour each time as well. Very enjoyable every time!!

Visited July 2012
GlenwoodCaverns, Public Relations Manager at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Amy80817,

We so happy you and your son enjoyed your visit to the Adventure Park and that you decided to try out the Giant Canyon Swing! We're also thrilled to hear we've become an annual part of your summer vacation and that you continue to partake in the cave tour. Thanks so much for this great review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Nederland, Colorado
“Wonderful fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've brought my Girl Scout troop up to the Caverns/amusement park for 3 years in a row. The customer service there is fabulous and the rides are so much fun. Love the alpine coaster - could ride it all day. Screamed my guts out on the slingshot! Scary fun. One year I took my troop up there and we got rained out. They were so wonderful to let us come the next day for free since this was our cookie money trip. This year I left my camera in the gift shop and they found it and are sending it back to me for FREE! Their motto is they want to make you smile. On Memorial weekend it wasn't even very busy so we could ride the rides as much as we wanted. Thanks so much for the fun memories! GORGIOUS VIEW!!!!

Lara K,

We are thrilled to hear how much your Girl Scout troop enjoyed the Adventure Park and that you've had such great experiences in past years, as well. It sounds like your experience on the Giant Canyon Swing was pretty entertaining, and we're glad you gave it a shot. We're so happy we could be a part of your troops' memories! Thank you for this wonderful review, and we hope your troop is back again soon.
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I showed up this morning at Glenwood Adventure Park half hour before opening. 5 minutes prior to the park opening, three school buses show up packed full of kids. The manager shows up outside to direct them and tells us he will get us through the line intermixed with the kids so we don't have to wait. A few minutes later, all the kids are directed to get in line for the tram ahead of us. Rather than wait in line for hundreds of kids to go up the tram first, we left. I guess big groups bringing in more money are more important than small families.

Visited May 2013
GlenwoodCaverns, Public Relations Manager at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Tkelsey87,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We’re sorry to hear that your experience was not positive when you arrived at the tram base. We are always striving to improve our service and will share your letter with our managers so that we can use it to improve our operations. You will also receive a personal note with information on how to contact us directly to discuss this in person.
“Tourist trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Just like the original founder in the late 1800's did when he found the caverns here, the new ownership is swindling people into an old west attraction. Save your money and enjoy the hikes around the area. Be warned you could spend most of the time waiting for gondolas. Spent 1.5 hrs waiting to leave.

Dear Garynack,
We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit to the park. There are many wonderful hikes in the area, and Glenwood Springs offers a wide range of activities for its visitors. We hope that the rest of your visit was more to your liking. Thank you for your feedback.
Albert Lea, Minnesota, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Fun way to experience the Mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family purchased the day pass that included the tram ride up, two cave tours, and unlimited access to the rides. Because I visited with my husband and two adult children and we like some thrills we rode the coaster, alpine slide, and the giant swing that takes you out over the cavern. We also did the milder zip line. There are a couple other things you can do but we skipped them as they appeal more to young children. The fairy cave tour was wonderful and had a great guide that made it interesting and fun. The kings cave tour consisted of one great room with some formations then a trip down many steps to another room with some of the best cave formations I have seen to date. The only down side was the guide on this one was cranky and talked to us like she was angry with the world and we were naughty children. All rides are open as of May 11th weather permitting and were open the day we were there so we got to enjoy everything we wanted to. The views are great from everywhere up there! If you are only interested in cave tours you can purchase tickets for those and the tram separately. But if you wanted to try everything the day pass is the best bargain.

Dear Betty F,

We are thrilled to hear how many different aspects of the Adventure Park you enjoyed, and we're glad you tried the Cliffhanger Roller Coaster, the Giant Canyon Swing and the Alpine Coaster! We are sorry you didn't have the best experience with your guide, but we're happy you still enjoyed the tour. Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review, and we hope you can visit again soon.