The Hotel Colorado is a an iconic, historic hotel, opened in 1893. It is beautiful outside and the grounds are quite attractive. If our room was any indication, however, the Hotel Colorado is in serious need of refurbishing. Our room was large and clean, but lacked charm. The furniture was scuffed and worn. The socket plate behind the bed was off the wall. In the bathroom tiles were cracked and mismatched, the paint was chipped, the doorstop was broken, and there was no fan. Some of the things that one might expect in a modern hotel were missing, such as air conditioning, coffee in the room, hair dryers, a fridge, and continental breakfast. They do have a restaurant, and a nice bar. We found the front desk staff to be friendly and efficient. Stay at the Hotel Colorado for the history, not the hotel experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs