First, I have to say this hotel will not appeal to everyone. My rating is based on our enjoyment of the historic atmosphere, and the lovely courtyard. But if you are looking for major amenities, you may be disappointed. The room was adequate, but small, as to be expected in an old hotel, and perhaps in need of some updated decor and freshening up (in keeping with the age of the hotel, of course)......
The lobby and halls seem filled with history......a little faded and worn, but somehow in a good way.
The courtyard bar, and surroundings were wonderful in the beautiful fall weather. The bartender (Lisa?) was a delight.
Two small complaints...at check in, the staff seemed pretty uninterested in answering our questions about the hot springs procedures or any other questions (I know they don't operate the springs, but really, it's a major attraction, right next door). It was not the most welcoming check in I've experienced.
The second complaint was the very very late housekeeping....we stayed for two nights. We were out all day, and returned after 4 pm to clean up after rafting and get ready for dinner. Housekeeping had not been in, and did not show up until almost 5:00.....we then felt we had to vacate the room while they cleaned.....
Again, overall we loved the hotel and the atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs