“Won't Be Back Here Again” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Glendale
Dahlia2382
“Won't Be Back Here Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

It was snowing very heavily when we arrived at the hotel and road conditions were not that great and we had just driven in the bad weather for an hour. When we arrived we were told that they were short on rooms and that it would be 20-30 minutes before we could check in even though we already had a reservation. We went back to check in an hour later and were told we would have to wait yet another hour before checking in, so we were stuck sitting in our car in the bad weather waiting to check in. Once we checked in we were given a room that had not even been cleaned yet. We reported it to the office person who then gave us another room which was cleaner and nicer. However, we only got 2 hours of sleep that night because the people staying in the room next to us were arguing and screaming all night long and it was hard to sleep through it. On top of that, you may as well sleep on a ton of bricks because the beds aren't any more comfortable than that.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

Was met by a very pleasant young lady, minus my luggage, was given all I needed to tide me over, found the room had all I needed to suit my visit, although, as a back injury sufferer, I would have much preffered a slightly softer mattress, but I never requested one nor complained so there's no complaint against the hotel! There was a bus stop 3 mins down the road, took you straight into LoDo, through cherry Creek Mall, the location suited my purpose to a Tee, was warm, clean and the shower was soo powerful, I nearly shot through the wall! Brilliant!! The staff were excellent, and very helpful! As I said, I shall be staying there again when I return to Denver!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Los Angeles, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

Do not stay at any of the 900 Extended Stay Hotels, including their following brands: Extended Stay America, Deluxe, Crossland, Homestead, and StudioPLUS.

They unlawfully evict tenants who politely complain about bad service, and such evictions are backed up by Corporate Headquarters in Spartanburg, SC and by local cops who rely upon Extended Stay to help them apprehend any criminals who set up shop at Extended Stay. Such a symbiotic relationship works against you.

When I e-mailed the local Manager about some of the problems I had, and about the good work his maintenance person had done, he responded by disconnecting my phone by computer. Apparently, he fears a paper trail and tenants who might report the wrong perpetrators (his friends?) to the cops. So why does he put his e-mail address on his biz card, and encourage comments by e-mail? When I asked about my phone to two front desk clerks, I got double talk and contradictory statements, including the fact that the Manager, who lives at the hotel, doesn't like to be bothered on Sundays (my phone went dead Friday at 6:30 PM). But the Manager didn't mind evicting me on a Sunday! One of those clerks complained to the manager that I was rude to him.

So the Manager came up to my room about 2 PM Sunday, and began banging on my door and yelling "You were rude to my clerk. I wanna talk to you." You would think he would reconnect my phone temporarily just to make that social call! Apparently, he didn't mind disturbing neighbors. When I opened my door, he continued yelling at me, and pushed the door open wider. I resisted his push, and I shut the door. About two minutes later, I called the Glendale police (from the restaurant next door), who were hostile. The Manager told them he wanted me to move out the next day, and the cops said I had to move out then. I didn't demand a court eviction order because the hotel doors used computerized key cards, which I thought could lock me out. Also, I feared the Manager would throw my computer into a moving bin and damage it while I was gone. I had set up shop there, including my desktop PC, TV, business records, and I had my U.S. Mail and newspaper delivered there. I had 20 days left on my 30-day reservation, and I had planned to stay longer. After all, this is an "Extended Stay Hotel." Not!

The next morning, Monday, I called Corporate Headquarters. The Customer Service Manager told me that she would do nothing to stop my eviction, and she was nasty about it. She said "I'll bet you think all people from South Carolina are stupid." I then called the regional manager, and I got the same routine, but in a NY accent. I called the cops again. They came out and asked the Manager to give me a few more hours. I could not make reservations at another place because I had no phone or computer (I used a dial-up connection). It took me two car trips to my storage unit to move out. Then, I just cruised around in my car to find another place.

When I threatened a lawsuit, Corporate HQ offered me $1,000 compensation in response to my demand for $5,000. I rejected their offer.

This is partly a lesson in doing business with a company owned by a private equity group, Lightstone, which bought it from Blackstone, in 2007. Such people are mere bean counters who buy low and sell high, and know nothing about the hotel business, nor care about their long-term reputation. Extended Stay filed for bankruptcy on June 15, 2009. No wonder.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Glendale hotels

Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

The room had a stange combination odor of smoke and stinkiness. It would rate 10 on a funkometer. The cleaing came only once a week instead of everyday. When they did come in, they put in some spray that rivaled the odor alread present . Soap was very harsh and the towels were never really clean. The TV was not really working as it had a lot of interference. The Kitchen thought convient had non Kosher items and make it difficult to cook. Customer service was very poor and and I did not get all of my voice mails that people left for me. Promised a computer to hook up in my room, but backout on it and gave me a list of local libaries. Laundry room was not clean and overpriced. Overall, the smell made me ill and getting aroudn diffilcult.

On the plus side, they did take cash as opposed to a credit card. But getting a refund on the balcance of time left was very difficult.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I were looking for an inexpensive hotel for our date night in Denver. This hotel was perfect. We stayed on a weekend, and I think the cost was about $60. The desk clerk (who had an adorable accent) was extremely helpful and friendly. She even called our room to check that we had everything we needed. There was a kitchenette with sink, microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, and dishes. The bed was clean and comfortable. We were close to downtown. I don't generally approved of advertising, but in the room there was a verizon gift box with pepto bismol tablets (which I used!), toothpaste, splenda, gum, and I think something else. Cool treats! The bathroom was nice, the TV was nice--it was all good! When we needed coffee, creamer and sugar, the desk clerk was very nice about providing it. They even gave us a late check-out. i was very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

This hotel looks nice but that's where it ends. It took three tries before I got a key card that worked. The rooms smell, the toilet didn't work, the towels are thinner than Scott's cheapest toilet paper and I didn't get the impression the place was very safe. Worse, the front entrance is 45 feet from a Midas Shoppe and a dog pound. The overall area is dumpy. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

im a frequent visitor of crossland economy studios.i first stayed at crossland nov of 2006 while awaiting a transplant,the location was perfect within walking distance i had the convience of shopping malls grocery stores restaurants an check cashing.in the office i had fax service,daily mail service.for such a low price i had the luxory of laundry facility, vending with meals,free incoming calls, microwave stove top,fridge, ironing,cable tv an much more.the area was a secure an safe place to walk an enjoty the enviroment,being from oklahoma i enjoyed waking up everymorning and being able to see the snow capped mountains.i return to denver every 3 months for a follow up and i always stay at crossland economy studios.the staff is friendly and they truly care about your comfort and safety.if you want to know more i can be contacted.also anyone wanting to know about extended stay for transplants they have a hospital stay rate that cannot be beat trust me you cant go wrong with extended stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!