“Hampton does it again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Glendale
Boston
“Hampton does it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

I travel frequently for business and pleasure. Hampton Inns have proven to be consistently good to excellent. This location is fantastic - very quiet rooms, comfortable, friendly - and inexpensive to top it off. My room had a whirlpool bath which was incredible - strongly suggest booking one if it is available. Often times, rooms in other hotels have paper thin walls - not the case here. My room was adjacent to the elevator and a vending / ice area, yet I heard nothing from outside. Breakfast is ok, lobby clean and welcoming, location great for local travel, access to airport and downtown quite good. My only slight negative is the tv - definitely in need of an upgrade, though the cable selection is better than most. Very good experience - I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 14, 2009
Hi BiztravelguyBoston,

Thanks for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff tries hard to exceed expectations. We are transitioning to the 32 inch LCD TVs and I urge to come back to enjoy them!

-Jason Dorfman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hervey Bay, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Although there was nothing wrong with my stay at this Hampton location I would not choose it again. The price paid was significantly more than other Hampton's in Denver at the time. The room was standard fare - clean, comfortable & fairly quiet. However it was old and the rooms struck me as ugly. The mini fridge and microwave were from the 60's and the tv was also old. The room seemed too large (usually a good thing but in this case it made the room look cold and uninviting) and the beds were too far from the small tv to make for comfortable viewing. Breakfast was also standard however when we arrived there was only one slice of bread left and we needed to wait to ask the attendant for more. Not really an issue but it is nice to be able to serve yourself and go. Staff were all fairly accommodating and could not fault them.

Although I have no true complaints about the hotel I would not stay here again. I stayed at the Denver - Lakewood Hampton a couple of weeks back and liked this hotel much better.

Hi meekokitty,

Thanks for your feedback and I apologize for your experience. I would love to talk with you further on your concerns and I am available at the contact information below. Our prices to fluctuate based off demand and market conditions. We are consistently upgraded our product and most recently got a brand new treadmill in our fitness center. We are also in the process of upgrading our breakfast which I am sure our guests will enjoy.

Please don't hesitate to contact me.

(303)692-1800
jason.dorfman@hilton.com
Laguna Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Stayed here while visiting daughter at University of Denver. Friendly staff, very clean hotel, and very comfy beds and pillows. Nice discount for DU so this helped me decide to try this place out. Will definitely stay again, but hope the food improves. The continental breakfast was standard, but the 'hot' items were lacking in heat and flavor. Nice big eating area with big screen tv.
Staff very helpful and friendly and nice business room for computer and printer access.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Hi seremarcus,

We love having DU friends and family. In fact, I am an alumni! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you again soon,

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

We stayed here for a long weekend to attend a wedding in the Denver area and this hotel was just great. Needed to burn up some Hilton points and we were very pleased. Older but nicely refurbished place, typical basic Hampton Inn but very comfy beds, clean rooms, nice common areas and free internet access. Decent variety free breakfast. Great location too. There is a starbucks next door plus a Barnes and Noble, and a Whole Foods across the street. Very friendly staff too.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 7, 2009
Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at our Hampton Inn and Suites Denver/Cherry Creek. We pride ourselves on clean and friendly service.

Thanks again!

Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

We stayed here on the first and last night of our 10-day Colorado vacation using Hilton Honors points. It is a fairly typical Hampton hotel.

Parking was right outside the hotel - ample and convenient. The hotel is walking distance to quite a few shops and eateries. It is convenient to the main roads and attractions such as the Denver Zoo - but it is at least a 25-minute drive to the airport.

Our room was immaculately clean and the bed was very comfortable. We really didn't have a view - just of the surrounding businesses. There was a pool and fitness room, but we did not use them. We did use the complimentary Business Center - that was very convenient!

I was a little disappointed in one of our two breakfasts - the "hot" entree one morning was barely warm French toast sticks, but otherwise the offerings were fine, typical of what you would expect.

I would stay here again - definitely as a place to explore the Denver area - but not as a destination in itself. It is clean, comfortable and convenient. All the employees were attentive and friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
Hi Route31,

Thanks for your response. I am glad you found our staff accommodating and your room extremely clean. I urge you to visit us later this year when we are adding more hot items to our breakfast that you may enjoy more.

Thanks again for your feedback,

London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

We stayed at 3 nights here, and plumped for the suite with a mountain view. The staff put us on the top floor, which meant that we had amazing mountain views. But also, bad traffic noise from the very busy Colorado Blvd. Plus some air con unit above our heads in the bedroom was roaring away. So we moved to the 3rd floor, which made a DRAMATIC difference. Not great mountain views, but very calm and quiet. So if you are a light sleeper, ask for a lower floor. The suite is roomy, with full fridge, breakfast bar with two chairs, microwave, two burners if you are inclined to cook. Just across the road is Whole Foods, with a large hot foods and salad buffet, and across Colorado Blvd is King Soopers, again with a large deli, soups, etc, so we had great picnics in and no cooking! There is also a little 'store' next to reception, where you can buy some food items and toiletries.

The only complaint about the suite was that the sofabed could do with being replaced. It was fairly banana shaped, with no support, and made my back hurt. But there was a lounge chair too, so I moved to that. The wifi in the room worked perfectly, if a bit slow, using a code from reception. And downstairs was a room with 2 computers and a joint printer, which came in handy when I checked in for our flight and had to print off the boarding passes.

The pool downstairs is light and airy, with windows on 3 sides, a decent length for mini swims, jacuzzi and outdoor deck with tables, so really relaxing. There were kids in there in the day, and I couldn't hear them, even though the pool is next to reception, so good soundproofing! There were pool towels there too, so they thought of everything. Next to the pool was a small gym with I think, 4 good pieces of quality equipment. The sort I see at our gym at home.

The breakfast area was huge, with a wide screen tv and plenty of tables, which meant we never waited to sit. The selection was typical of Hampton Inn, fresh pastries, toast, bagels, hot eggs with ham, cereals, yogurt and juices. Also, at the top of the car park is a Starbucks and bookshop, and we noticed some people brought back coffees from there to have with their breakfast, if you want to real high octane stuff.

This Hampton Inn is not 'in' Cherry Creek exactly, but well placed to get there. The mall is walkable, about 15 minutes by foot, or 2 minutes by car.

We were pleasantly suprised at the convenient location, good decor and general upmarket feel. All in all a great stay and we'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Hampton_CherryCreek, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 16, 2009
Hi RCox,

Thanks so much for your review on our hotel. We really value our guest's feedback through all channels. I am sorry about the noise issue you had while on the sixth floor. We will certainly have this looked into so it won't happen again. We are planning for a full renovation for 2010 which will include new sofa beds and I would urge you to come back to experience it.

In the meantime, we appreciate your positive feedback regarding the rest of your experience. We strive to provide the best possible service to each and every guest, every time.

Also coming soon is an enhancement to our breakfast, including new menus with potatoes, bacon and waffles, so everyone check it out!

Thanks again for your feedback,

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

In a very convenient location to downtown and SW Denver suburbs, the Hampton Inn Cherry Creek was an excellent value. Across the side street is a Whole Foods Market which was a great treat and across Colorado St. was a King Soopers in case you missed packing something. Several restaurants are within walking distance and a post office is around the corner. The room was cozy with a microwave and fridge. Colorado is a busy street, but during the night it wasn't too noisy. We got directions to the light rail station not far away so we could ride to the Rockies game and the desk staff printed directions to another attraction, so they are very service oriented.

• Stayed July 2009

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!