“Great Location and stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Glendale
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Location and stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is the nicest Residence Inn we've stayed in. We stayed in a king studio. It had absolutely everything we needed and had very nice, and modern decor. The bathroom was very spacious and they supplied lots of towels, the shower is huge. The bed was nice and firm. The only downside of the room was the very, very noisy air conditioner unit.
There are a few very nice restaurants within the same complex as the hotel, which is very convenient if you don't feel like driving. The Cherry Creek area is fabulous, there is a great shopping center nearby and fantastic restaurants as well.
I have to mention the staff at check in were very welcoming and extremely helpful, especially Damian, who gave us lots of tips on where to eat and what not to miss while in Denver. Thanks Damian, we had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Stayed in suite 107, and it was very private.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear RetiredSkip,

On behalf of the staff here at the Residence Inn by Marriott - Denver/Cherry Creek, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our property, and appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

Thank you for notifying us which room you were in. I am sorry for any disturbances the AC unit may have caused. I'll be sure to share this review with our engineers, so that we may correct the problem for the next guest. I hope that the next time you find yourself in the Denver metropolitan area you don't hesitate in coming back to see us. It'd be a pleasure having you again.

Have a wonderful end to your summer, and take care!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The good: Front desk staff were great -- warm smile every time we came and went. Location was good, with restaurants and Cherry Creek nearby. Shower was big, nice well-equipped kitchen.

Our problems: 1) Not enough parking. It is always crowded, as it shares spaces with several restaurants. In three nights staying there, finding a parking spot was a hassle. We found the underground parking undesirable. 2) AC annoying. It blew loud and hard all the time it was on. The low fan setting does not work and vent points directly at the bed so you are blasted by cold air -- made sleeping difficult. 3) Pool unpleasant. It smelled bad. I am used to the chlorinated air of indoor hotel pools, but this pool smelled yuck. The water was murky. The slate floor tiles are VERY slippery when wet, and when I informed staff, they acknowledged it, but "can't decide what to do about it." Keep thinking about it until someone cracks their skull.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear intheshop7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott - denver/Cherry Creek. We value your feedback greatly as it allows us another perspective in how we can improve our operations.

I am sorry for any issues you had with parking. As you mentioned, the top level and underground garage are open-shared public parking between ourselves, the Hilton Garden Inn, and the surrounding restaurants within the City Set complex. To ease our patrons we've arranged complimentary Valet parking for our guests. This great amenity helps eliminate any hassle in finding a parking space.

I do apologize for any disturbance the AC unit may hve caused. I invite you to contact us directly at the property so we may obtain more information on your stay, in order to eliminate that problem from ever re-occuring.

The pool is definitely one of our greatest features at the property, and keeping it in tip-top condition is a priority. Engineering has been making the pool's maintenance a focus so that it can be a comfortable environment for the guests. I am terribly sorry to hear that it didn't meet our expectations. I will be sharing this review with our staff to prevent these issues in the future.

Thank you again for your review. Despite the problems, I am glad to see that you were satisfied with your stay. I hope that next time you're in Denver you'll come back to see us and the continued improvements. Enjoy the rest of your Summer break!

East Hampton, New York, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I will start by saying that the bed was comfortable.

Had a number of basic issues that the front desk were unable and unwilling to resolve. Solutions involved forwarding my requests to a dead IT number. After asking them not to call me back since I was going to sleep, they called me back back 30 minutes later.

Upon arrival, noticed that a number of things seemed off - shower head coming out of the wall seemed bent at an odd angle.

Room was generally not clean.

Clear indications of previous use of room by previous tenant including garbage in the waste paper basket.

Brought issues to attention of the property, response was to throw a few points at me.

If ambiance and cleanliness is not your thing, this room will be fine. Otherwise, beware.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Reasonably_Elitist,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our property. I am sorry to hear about the problems you had during your stay. Sounds like you may have been having issues with our complimetary high-speed wireless internet.

The number that was given to you is our guest support hotline. I apologize if you were unable to get a hold of them. Usually without knowing which operating system the guest is using there is only so much trouble shooting we can provide over the phone at the Front Desk. Regardless though, I am sorry that we were unable to resolve the problem for you immediately.

It is disconcerning to hear that your room did not meet our standards. I will be showing this review to my Housekeeping and Engineering Managers to ensure that this does not happen again. I am sorry if you felt that our recovery methods weren't perceived as genuine. It is our mission to make every guest feel welcomed and comfortable.

I encourage you to contact me so that I may obtain more information about your stay. If there is anything else I can do to make this up to you please don't hesitate in calling me at the Hotel. Thank you again for the review, and I look forward in hearing back from you. Have a great weekend.

St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel has only been open for about 6 months so everything is brand new and the rooms look great. After complaining about the people above us in our first room (lots of noise), we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite which was a nice touch in terms of customer service. The good customer service was a constant theme throughout. The location was excellent being 5 minutes from I 25 to get to downtown Denver or Colorado Springs. The hotel is located in a new complex with at least 5 restaurants in the complex. So dining options were plenty. The only negative was the breakfast which was pretty much the same each day and got very boring. By the third and fourth day I was just having cereal. But other than that this hotel is top notch.

Dear WebBrown,

Thank you for the terrific review! Your feedback is higly appreciated. I'm thrilled that we were able to accommodate you into a more comfortable space (with quieter neighbors). We try our best in making sure that every gest is happy with their stay.

Our Breakfast has a rotational entree schedule, however we are looking into other options to help spice things up a bit. Thank you so much for the comments and suggestions! We look forward in having you back the next time you find yourself in the Mile High City. Have a good one!

Calgary, AB
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked this hotel earlier this year before it was even open as I thought a brand new hotel should be in top notch condition and unfortunately I was wrong.

It started out with parking. We were glad we finally arrived after a 8 hour drive from Kansas City but it turned out the parking lot was a zoo. It was shared by another hotel and multiple other restaurants so when we arrived at 6pm on a Thurs night, there was essentially no parking. My husband had to drop us all over and circled around for 15 mins before he got a parking spot - nightmare #1

We booked a two bedroom two bath suites as I am travelling with my parents. We like the idea to have a common area but also the privacy of our own bedroom. When I checked in, without even asking me, I was given two separate studio suites instead. I told her I booked one room and not two rooms, then the front desk staff said "we are giving you an upgrade". I told her I do not want the upgrade as I like the setting or a two bedroom two bath suites, then the truth came out, they sold out of what I originally booked! I do not understand what is the point of booking a room, guaranteed with your credit card and not ending up with what you got - nightmare #2

We only stayed for two nights, thank God! As on our second night. neither me or my husband could sleep. There was constant loud buzzing sound from the fridge. It was 2am in the morning and my 4 and 6 year old kids were in deep sleep. Since it was our last night and we did not want to wake our kids up, we decided to just suck it up and not call the front desk. At check out, I told the front desk what happened in our room last night and the response was "you should have called us earlier". There was no apology whatever but more like an accusation as to why I did not bring it to their attention at 2am! - nightmare #3

We stayed at various residence inns, homewood suites, hampton inns on our two week road trip in the states and this is the newest, most modern hotel but also the worst hotel we have stayed. I definitely would not return!

Dear mjqueenCalgary,

I'd like to start off by saying thank you for sharing your feedback. I am also terrbily sorry about the nightmares you experienced while at our property. It's our goal to ensure you have a wonderful stay and I apologize if we were unable to meet your expectations.

Our open public parking is shared with the rest of the City Set complex. There is an underground garage as well as the top level parking with ample parking. On busy nights I could see how this may be a problem. City Set offers complimentary Valet parking for our guests to help eliminate the trouble of self-parking.

During your stay there was an unforseen error with our two bedroom suites. Thinking in your best interest we provided an upgrade with two connecting studios so that you may have a parallel amount of space. I understand how that may have been disappointing, and I apologize if that hindered the quality of your stay.

I'm also sorry that on your last night the refridgerator's humming kept you awake. The Front Desk staff aims in providing fantastic service to all our guests, and I take full responsibility for any miscommunication you may have received from any of our associates. Given the experience you had at our property I would like to make this up to you in any way I can. Please don't hesitate in contacting me a the Hotel.

Despite the experience you had, I hope that you'd be willing to give us a second chance the next time you're in the Denver Metropolitan or Glendale area. Again, thank you for the review, and enjoy the rest of the summer season.

Trinidad, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family stayed here for a Denver vacation. This hotel is close to many areas including Cherry Creek Mall and some minutes away from Water World. It is very clean and the amenities are wonderful. I will definitely make it a point to stay here when I visit Denver again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Sheryl C,

Thank you for the fantastic review! Your feedback means the world to us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott - Denver/Cherry Creek. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Don't be a stranger, next time you're in town we'd love to serve you again. Hope you enjoy the rest of your Summer season, and thanks again!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Residence Inn in Cherry Creek is certainly a hotel I would stay at again. The building is quite new, offers a very nice pool, exercise room, and comfortable rooms. It is within walking distance (directly next to) several really good restaurants. There was ample parking, and I had no problems finding a spot, even when I returned at 10:30pm.

I stayed here for business, and it is definitely a hotel I would stay at again. A quick tip- the hotel is a little hard to find. It was very confusing when I put the address into my GPS. Just know that the hotel is actually off of Colorado Boulevard- you have to turn down one of the side streets to access the hotel.

The only complaint i have is that when I used the iron in the room, it immediately left some dark brown residue on my pants. I'm not sure what it is, but it basically ruined my work pants. I suppose the lesson here is to always inspect the iron before using it. That was my biggest complaint.

Overall, this was a very clean, comfortable hotel, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear thegreatone3182,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience you had at the Residence Inn by Marriott Denver/Cherry Creek. We appreciate your feedback greatly as it only helps us to do better in the future.

I'm sorry if you had any difficulties finding us. Being so new, Google Maps and GPS devices have had a problem securing our location. We are right off Colorado Blvd and Cherry Creek Drive South, behind the Hilton Garden Inn.

I'd also like to extend an apology for the mishap you had with the in-room iron. Apart of the Housekeeping checklist is to inspect all appliances and gadgets to make sure they are in good, clean condition. I'm so sorry that this inconvenienced you. I invite you to please contact us back so that we may obtain further information about this issue.

I am sharing this review with our Housekeeping Department so that we may be able to prevent this from happening to any of our guests in the future. Again, thank you so much for taking the time in giving us your feedback. I hope that we may get the chance to serve you again. Have a wonderful summer!

Front Office Manager

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!