“"E" for Effort - "D-" for Execution” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Glendale
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“"E" for Effort - "D-" for Execution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed at the property for three nights. First, I have to say that I was very impressed with the design of this new property - it was modern, clean and contemporary. Sadly, the praise stops there.

When we got to the room I turned on the ice maker - after two hours and no ice I went to the lobby and to get some ice and reported the malfunction. The front desk clerk assured me that he'd notify the hotel engineer and have the problem fixed. Long story short, it wasn't fixed - I reported it again the second night with no results. When we checked out the problem still hadn't been addressed.

The complimentary morning breakfast at the hotel was almost comical. During a 30 minute period this morning they ran out of coffee twice with a wait of 5 - 10 minutes each time waiting for a fresh pot to brew, there were no forks or knives available and they had to send someone searching for them and when I asked where I could find salt and pepper I was told that they were out of salt (for the second morning in a row). I wonder why no one thought of going to Safeway to buy some?

Our biggest complaint though was the noise. Our room (401) faced the front of the hotel directly opposite from "World of Beer". Apparently they had a live band and the first night we couldn't get to sleep until well after midnight because of the noise. When the noise started up again on Friday night I called to the front desk to complain and asked to be moved to a different sleeping room. My request was met with indifference and the clerk said that she'd "have to check with her managers" to get permission to let us sleep in a different room. Again, it was well after midnight before the noise stopped and we were able to go to sleep.

I am a Platinum Elite member of Marriott's Rewards program and spend over 150 nights a year in Marriott branded hotels. This property reflects poorly on Marriott's brand and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mr. G,

My name is David Schiltz, and I'm the Front Office Manager at the Residence Inn Cherry Creek. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our property. Your feedback is crucial in helping us improve the operations at our hotel. I'm glad you were a fan of Residence Inn's new design package. We are the first of our kind to be apart of this new generation for Marriott's extended stay. Thank you for recognizing the brands new direction.

I'd also like to extend a formal apology for the inconvenience's you dealt with during your stay. It is our mission to provide you with the best service, and I'm sorry that we failed you. I've shared your review with my associates so we can focus on correcting these problems from ever reoccuring again in the future. Thank you for your continued patronage with Marriott. As a Platinum Elite member, you provide a substantial amount of business for the company, and that does not go unnoticed. I hope that in the future you'll allow us another chance to show you our improvements since your stay.

Feel free to contact me at the Front Desk. I'd love the oppurtunity in getting more feedback from you about the complications during your trip to the Mile High City. Thank you again Mr. G. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

David G. Schiltz
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Checking into this property was a terrible experience. Sarah waited on us and she had no interest in our concerns or previous requests. We were using an anniversary certificate awarded from our Marriott Chase Card. This property is only a level 3 and our award certificate was applicable through a level 5. We called and were assured we would have a room on the third floor and close to the other family group we were travelling with. When we arrived, both groups were assigned to floor 1 and next to different exit doors ( lots of banging as people exited). The exterior sidewalks were very close to our windows, which was a safety and privacy issue for us. If we had been aware of the changing if our location, we would not have stayed at this property. Our certificate could have been used at a full service Marriott Hotel! We will not stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Bobbispiano88,

My name is David Schiltz, I am the Front Office Manager at the Residence Inn - Denver/Cherry Creek. I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you experienced at our Hotel. Please give us a call at your own convenience, as we'd like to obtain more information about your most recent stay with us. My General Manager, John Deyne; the Assistant General Manager, Damion Dudley; and myself would love to hear back from you. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Just spent a few days here on a baseball trip with friends. The hotel (barely 2 months old) was clean and comfortable, with a bonus (it was snowing, in April) of free underground parking. About 4 miles from downtown Denver and roughly half-an-hour from the airport, the hotel is very accessible, and close to restaurants and a major upscale shopping area in Cherry Creek, in addition to being a short trip to downtown attractions and Coors Field. They even have a decent morning breakfast, but the nearby Sams #3 is an even better choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Chrissrli,

Thanks for leaving such wonderful comments about our Hotel. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed staying with us. Sam's #3 is one of my favorite places to eat at as well. Another Denver treat that's also close is The Bull & Bush. It's a great microbrewery and grill within walking distance. I highly recommend it the next time you're back in the area. It'd be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was told by one of the managers that this hotel is an example of a new design for Marriott's Residence Inns. I visit Denver frequently, usually staying at a Marriott, but up to this point I did not have a favorite. Now I have a favorite - the Cherry Creek Residence Inn. My room (a one bedroom suite) was a real treat for the eyes; I especially liked the wide desk, and the unusual layout. The free underground parking was an unexpected plus, as it was snowing the night I was there. I took advantage of the manager's reception (free wine beer and appetizers). The only thing less-than-perfect was the "spartan" breakfast buffet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HotelLeadership, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Steve W,

Thank you so much for raving about our property. We're honored to be your favorite Denver Hotel!

Our design package is a part of Marriott's new modern concept for Residence Inn. Thank you for recognizing that evolved aspect of our brand. Since your stay with us we have made changes to our Breakfast menu and layout. We can't wait to have you back to show you all of our improvements.

Feel free to call us anytime when you're ready to come back to the Mile High City.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at the Residence inn for three days with my girl friend. This was our first time to the area so we were unfamiliar with the area. It didnt matter because we loved the location. The world of beers is inside the same parking lot, the restaurants within walking distance were perfect for lunch. The Hotel is awesome, the rooms are big and gorgeous. Kitchenette in every room and sitting area. THe outside firepit was a nice touch and the night clerk let us use the hottub after 10:00 for just a little bit. We love this brand by marriott. The staff did pretty well and the presence of the Managment was felt. We will be back to this Hotel next chance we get. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam M,

I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. Thank you for leaving such positive remarks about our Hotel. City Set has frou more restaurants scheduled to open this month, so you'll have even more dining options to choose from. We look forward in having you stay with us again, thank you for your patronage.

Las Vegas, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This property is modern with good old-fashioned hospitality. Damion and David were welcoming, on the ball, and they ensured our pleasant stay. Although we observed some families with young children, this hotel would cater well to business travelers, or people with tech devices. There are several USB ports & power outlets in the room (desk, bedsides, dedicated shelf), and in the lobby as well. The decor and finishings are simple and elegant. Our 4/F room faces the parking lot. This kept the typical city noise level at minimum. The bed is very comfortable. The flat panel TV is probably 42", and has hi-def channels with an easy to use remote control. The kitchen is very clean and has all that we needed. The bathroom has an extra- large shower with modern fixtures. Also spotless. The towels are clean and plush. The shampoo, soap, lotion are standard. Housekeeping thoughtfully left a bagful of towels, etc. by our door since we didn't have them come in to clean. Nice touch! Breakfast is also standard. This may be the only area that could use some fine-tuning, but the faults were minor, e.g., layout could be improved for better flow of traffic, coffee supply, and replenishing food items. The hotel is very close to a Super Target, King Soopers grocery, and the Cherry Creek Mall. This is the place to stay when visiting Denver.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the parking lot may be the most quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LVagabond,

What an outstanding review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Also, thank you for your suggestions on improving our Breakfast. We're going to continue to strive in making it as efficient as possible for our guests in the future. If you're ever back in Denver, don't be a stranger. We'd be honored to have you stay with us again!

Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My daughters and I stayed here last week. This hotel is so new, one of the girls was the first to use the pullout couch (which is kind of a 3/4 size bed, by the way, not really even a double)! It seemed to us that pretty much all the kinks have been worked out. Rooms were quiet, breakfast superb, everything you could possibly desire. Like another reviewer, we also were not told there was underground parking... it wasn't snowing, but it would have been nice to know we had that option. Gym and pool great. This property was well located for our shopping excursion to the Cherry Creek mall, and the area right around it is being developed, so there will be (or may already be) a dining option or two adjacent We are Residence Inn fans, so like the concept of home away from home, with great business ammentities... a computer and printer right off the lobby to use free of charge, etc.. Excellent service, friendly staff.

Room Tip: Avoid room 217! Love this place but a few rooms have an up close and personal view of the rooftop fa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
406family,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We appreciate the feedback greatly, as it only helps us become better in the future. I apologize that we failed to mention the underground parking garage upon your arrival. It is a wonderful amenity we have, and it should be referenced to all guests so that it may be fully utilized.

The development with City Set is only getting bigger. We have four more restaurants scheduled to open in June, allowing even more dining options within walking distance.

Thanks again for being such a fan of ours. We're a fan of you too! Please come back and see us next time you're in Denver, It'd be a pleasure to have you and your family again.

(303)758-6200

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!