“Avoid at all costs!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek

You added Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4444 Leetsdale Drive, Glendale, CO 80246 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Denver - Cherry Creek)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Glendale
CA
“Avoid at all costs!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

I had neglected to write a review of this place until watching "the Ten Dirtiest Hotels" on TV this morning and then it brought it all back and I wanted to make sure that you avoid this place at all costs. We stay at Homestead Suites all over the country so this was a shock.
We stayed , or should I say were going to stay here for a biz trip last July.
We checked in around 9 P.M. after driving 9 hours and were directed to our first room. The screen was on the ground and the door lock was broken. So, back to the office. They gave us their "last" room, which immediately upon entering, I could feel it was filthy. Back to the office, sorry no other rooms. So, we settled in. I kept my socks on, the carpet was disgusting. The coffee cup was dirty. The bedbugs woke my husband up at 3 in the morning (he kept this from me until morning). I went to the office at 7 AM to get a new cup and the door spring came loose and dangled in front of my face. Booby trapped! I told them I'd be back after coffee at which time my husband produced the bedbugs he found. We checked out immediately and went to STaybridge (awesome).
Homestead never did anything for us except comp us that one night. Stay away!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

Positives: Low price. Large room. Kitchen. Clean. Helpful staff.(although some seemed forbidding at first contact).
Negatives: Not close to downtown or tourist sites if that's what you need. No elevator so ask for a ground floor room if you have heavy bags.

Within walking distance of kosher restaurant.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Lack of daily room cleaning (but that's how they keep it so cheap).
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lynnwood, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

I came for a Microsoft partner conference that was at the downtown convention center. It was so big that I saw plenty of other attendees also walking back to hotels in the Glendale/Cherry Creek area, easily identified by their complimentary conference bags.

I paid $70 for three nights. The room was big, with an almost comically oversized walk-in closet. Furnishings and amenities were competent but non-descript. Colorado Boulevard, a major driving road with lots of restaurants was nearby, as was Cherry Creek Shopping Center, though walking there didn't seem advisable (Colorado Blvd. being too noisy and full of cars). Just too suburban, but a decent deal.

• Liked — low price
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2007

If you enjoy being treated as if you're doing them a favor, stay here. They will put you in a room of THEIR choosing...sorry, no changing. They will cancel your reservation a few days in advance and move you to their "sister property" down the street which is even worse. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Pay a little more somewhere else and enjoy yourself. A bad stay at any price is still a bad stay. Again, AVOID!

Stayed July 2007
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

I found a super low rate of $32 a night plus tax and fees on Hotwire and I took a chance on this one. That proved to be a very poor decision. We attempted to check in prior to the 3 PM check in time and was informed that we would have to wait to check in. We found this odd since there was only 3 or 4 other cars in the entire parking lot. Not a big deal but it would have been nice to drop off our luggage and freshen up before heading out again.

Upon our return, we were able to successfully check in. However, when we attempted to use the toilet right after check in, the toilet would not properly flush and it promptly flooded the entire bathroom and portions of the living room. When I returned to the check-in counter/office, I got the impression that most of the rooms at the hotel were suffering the same problem. I also overheard the handyman (actually handywoman) mention that the AC was not working in the majority of the rooms.

We attempted to check-in to a second room, but after looking around at it for a minute or two, we decided to cut our losses and check-in somwhere else.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

i checked out of this dump early and it was prepaid. If you enjoy lazy and rude customer service, you will love this place. Enjoy the urine on your toilet seats, pubic hairs all over bathroom floor, dirty countertops, dirty sheets but fixed bed, smashed bugs on wall, spiders crawling across floor, overflowing trash outside, then you'll enjoy your stay here. This was the worst ever. I don't usually go out of my way to complain, but this one I did! BBB, Corporate Office, consumerreview, Priceline, etc. I paid United 100 dollars change fee to leave this dump early!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Front Staff and rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2007

Homestead's are predictable to a fault, though that's not always a bad thing when you're trying to avoid surprises. I've stayed at several and they all have the same layout and basic amenities. I always try to stay on the top floor, usually the 3rd, and away from the freeway or busy highway. The buildings are usually well maintained and staff friendly, though typically young and naive. I don't mind staying five or six nights and not having maid service since I try to pick up after myself. If you're a slob, the mess magnifies and you probably will not be happy. The Cherry Creek one benefits from its central location and proximity to shopping. A large Target store with a large grocery and deli section is very close and the Cherry Creek Mall is less than two miles away. Practically every chain restaurant and many independents are within that radius. Downtown is less than five miles away so this is a good option if you're attending a trade show on a tight budget. If you do stay there, don't try turning left on Leetsdale during rush hours. Instead, turn right out of the property and right again behind and around the Target and west to Colorado Blvd. You'll save a lot of time.

• Liked — Cost, location, predictability
  • Disliked — Spartan bedding and linens.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Extended Stay America - Denver - Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!