“Lunch for two” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Georgetown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Renovated victorian 1800's property with a large (seasonal) outdoor patio. Wine, beer, cocktails. Vegetarian and gluten free options available. Breakfast all day!
Lutterworth
“Lunch for two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Whilst making an unplanned visit to Georgetown, which is well worth a visit, we decided to stay and have some lunch before driving through the Guenella Pass, also worth the time and effort of doing. We stopped at the Happy Cooker which looked to be quite popular. We elected to sit inside due to it being a very hot day and the outside seating area being fully occupied. The surroundings were quite nice as was the food. The only drawback really was the noise level of the waitress. Though she was trying to be helpful she was extremely loud and throughout our meal all we could hear was her speaking to other customers!! We would eat here again but would wear ear plugs!

Visited July 2013

San Francisco
“Don't bother with this restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our local relatives had heard good things about this place, so we stopped here for lunch after taking the Georgetown Railroad Loop. We sat outside and all tables were taken on a Friday afternoon. The service was non-existent and we were there forever before being approached and finally served. My main complaint was the attitude of the waitresses. They all had dour looks on their faces and were clearly not happy in their jobs. I have nothing good to say about us sitting there waiting and waiting for average food. Two of us had their bacon bean soup., One really liked it. I found it too salty to consume and I don't like seeing uncooked bacon in the soup. We had ordered a cinnamon bun to go and it again took forever for them to get it right so we could be on our way. I hate giving bad reviews, but why would I ever go there again?

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Average at best.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The cooker was ok, I would not go out of my way to return, however I would return.

I had Huevos Rancheros, I found it acceptable, if only my waitress had told me about the daily specials as she did the table next to me, I may have been happier.

I found nothing European about the Happy Cooker other than their attitude, which I don't see as a plus! Nothing awful, just a waitress who would rather have been somewhere else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good food, varied menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for an early dinner on the way back from Vail.
The restaurant closed at 4:00 and we came close to it. They were kind enough to stay open for four of us.
I had a berry salad which was good. My sister in law had tomato soup which "tasted like spaghetti sauce".
My husband had a hearty French dip and my brother in law had huevos ranchero which he enjoyed.
I would rate the waitstaff very friendly and helpful. The food was pretty good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Georgetown, Texas
“Fresh and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived in Georgetown just in time for lunch and found this cute outdoor bistro. The Bloody Mary's were delicious and made fresh. The salads and sandwiches we ordered were the same. There was more food than we could even eat. This restaurant appeared to attract many bike riders as well as locals.

Visited June 2013