“Nothing particularly bad, but nothing particularly good either” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Café
Hickory Hills, Illinois, United States
“Nothing particularly bad, but nothing particularly good either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really had to mull over whether this was a 2-star or a 3-star restaurant. We came here on the heels of having eaten at Snooze in Boulder, which is quite possibly the greatest breakfast I'd ever had. Did this place really have a chance to measure up? Probably not. Unfortunately, even if I don't compare it, it really wasn't exceptional. If I were out of options, I wouldn't regret having to go there again, but I wouldn't seek it out otherwise.

Visited August 2013

college station, tx
“Fun, cozy, small town breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were wanting a warm coffee and breakfast to start our day and this place did not disappoint. Everything we had was fresh made and out in an orderly fashion. Great bluegrass cd playing in the background set the mood and our waitperson could not have been friendlier. My buddy didn't see what he wanted on the menu so he just told here what he wanted. She was on it with a smile and soon we were ready for our day!

Visited January 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Best breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I eat out all the time the place is the greatest!! The food is healthy and well made.
The service is kind and fast.
Right off the Geogetown exit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Turn up the heat!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

On our way up the I-70 slope for Labor Day weekend, we stopped at Blue Sky for a bite. They were SUPER friendly and allowed our dog to sit with us on the patio. They even brought out a bowl of water for him!.

We had the chicken soup which had a good flavor, but no attention to detail. My patty melt with potato chips from a bag was lack luster and cost a $10 spot. I asked for some pickles and got 2 miniature slices! It was funny to us, but still seemed rather cheap on their end. My wife's omelete was tasty, but what I really wanted to comment on was the under cooked sausage patties. They were browned on the outside, but pink in the middle. The potatoes were also hard and undercooked.

We proceeded on with our journey not thinking twice about it. About 36 hours later, we started feeling very weak and flu-ish. I had a fever and my wife was talking about tingling sensations in her legs and arms/hands. My body was aching all over and needless to say, we both had our bouts with the toilet. That, in my opinion, is absolutely unacceptable. I will not be repeating any visits to the Blue Sky cafe, but I do wish them the best.

My advice to the cook is this, TURN UP THE HEAT ON YOUR GRILL.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Larkspur, Colorado
“Limited Menu, Over-priced, Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stopped in here on a Saturday afternoon because it was a cafe and not crowded. The lunch menu only has a handful of items, then they have a soup of the day and a special. This particular day the special said Bratwurst and sauerkraut and soup was French Onion. My husband ordered the Brats & Kraut which was a hot-dog style bun with one brat & sauerkraut on top. I ordered the burger because a BLT was $8.00! I think the burger was 9.00 or 9.50 plus .50 for cheese which is still very steep. The burger was tasty and cooked to order medium and served on a nice Brioche roll which was far better than a plain old bun (IMHO). Your choice of sides is potato chips or cole slaw. No fries. I cannot remember the other items on the menu, but they were basically sandwich or salad type items. There were only about 6 items on the menu. I ordered the blueberry-peach cobbler to go and it was very bland and kind of watery and lacked flavor and no crust that I could detect but had something white & gooey in it that tasted like a flour paste. Blech! She asked if I wanted it heated which leads me to believe it wasn't that fresh, because it was ice cold and they gave it to me a in a to-go coffee cup! The so-called "blueberries" in it were the size of the dried ones you find in muffin mixes. I think 9.50 for a burger with chips is quite steep even for a mountain/tourist town and I certainly wouldn't pay $8.00 for a BLT! I wouldn't go back.

• Visited August 2012