“Good food, poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 18 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

Either it's critically understaffed, or the servers just don't care, but it took forever to get a menu, more time to get our orders in, a long time to get the food itself, and even longer to get a check and pay for the meal. We watched our server go back to almost every table and ask what they had ordered, either to eat or drink or both, but she never wrote anything down either time. And each time that she had to go back and ask again, she would apologize by saying that they were 'slammed'. The food itself was very good, but a simple lunch at 2PM on a Thursday shouldn't create the havoc that occurred.

• Visited September 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Why I had to walk out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Why I Had to Walk Out
Having had good lunch in the Happy Cooker (separate review), I decide to try next door for breakfast today. It's about 9am and the place is absolutely empty. We are met by an aggressive waitress who directs to pick a table and soon brings menus. She takes our order in the same brisk and authoritative way and disappears. Loud rap is coming all over the place. Since we are the only visitors, when she brings the coffee, we ask her to please lower the music a bit. She mumbles something, then disappears again and the music becomes considerably louder. Our next request on the same subject is met with "I LOWERED IT!" At this point we decide to leave. A second lady appears at this time to see what's the commotion all about. I ask how much we owe for the coffee, and the second person YELLS "Nothing, go, just go!".
Out we walk only to be reached, a few minutes and two blocks down Main Street. by the same lady who told us to "just go!". She advises us that we have not paid for the coffee! Back I go and pay I do, then walk away, this time for sure. Music playing louder than before. Oh, my!

Visited September 2014
New York City, New York
“Why I Had to Walk Out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

Having had good lunch in the Happy Cooker (separate review), I decide to try next door for breakfast today. It's about 9am and the place is absolutely empty. We are met by an aggressive waitress who directs us to pick a table and soon brings menus. She takes our order in the same brisk and authoritative way and disappears. The walls are decorated with, among other things, old posters of Jerry Lee Lewis and black and white photos of RR cars. Loud rap is coming all over the place. Since we are the only visitors, when she brings the coffee, we ask her to please lower the music a bit. She mumbles something, then disappears again and the music becomes considerably louder. Our next request on the same subject is met with "I LOWERED IT!" At this point we decide to leave. A second lady appears at this time to see what's the commotion all about. I ask how much we owe for the coffee, and the second person YELLS "Nothing, nothing, go, just go!".
Out we walk only to be reached, a few minutes and two blocks down Main Street, by the same lady who told us to "just go!". She advises us that we have not paid for the coffee! Back I go and pay I do, then walk away, this time for sure. Music playing louder than before. Oh, my!

• Visited September 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Littleton, Colorado, United States
“Food was Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

The cafe looks a little run down - could use a make-over. BUT the food was Great! Had the soup of the day which was a vegetable with a cream broth and you could tell the soup was made with fresh vegetables. Then we had the mushroom swiss burger - the mushrooms were fresh and the burger was not a pre-made patty. Very good and the prices very reasonable. It was a very good experience - the staff was great. I would just lighten up the cafe. I would eat there again!

Visited August 2014
Hilliard, Ohio
“Don't stop here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I wanted to simply say the service was horrible and the food mediocre but Trip Adviser requires a 100 character minimum review. In fairness they might have been understaffed on the day we visited, and our mistake was not leaving and going somewhere else from the get go. When we walked in we were greeted with "just find a table and someone will get to you as soon as we can." That act was about 25 minutes later and only after we got up and asked for menus. Food took another 40 minutes and again we had to stop someone -- not our waitress, she never stopped back -- to inquire about the status. I suspect they misplaced our order because the burgers were undercooked. Then we had to hunt down someone to get the check, and it was incorrect. No apology from the manager, just an excuse that they got slammed but we noticed our waitress had time to sit at a nearby table and chat. This is probably the one and only time we will stop in Georgetown so I can't recommend anyplace else, but I have to think anyplace else would be better than Ed's.

Visited August 2014