“Great place on the I-70 corridor” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #3 of 8 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Fort Worth, TX
“Great place on the I-70 corridor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My nephew and I stayed here our last night in Colorado. The room had a nice large king bed which was very comfortable. The TV was a modern flatscreen, and the room had the usual amenities. Air conditioning worked well. I did not use the hot tub, but did get a chance to try the pool. It was an indoor heated pool which was quite warm, but it felt good after hiking a fourteener earlier in the day. There is juice and muffins available in the morning. I found the inn to be very quiet at night, which was nice.

Within easy walking distance were some restaurants. One is just steps away from the rooms and is very nice. There is also a nice stream with bridges going across. In the morning, I woke up and walked into the center of Georgetown. It is very historic and certainly worth a look. For those who like old towns with character, this is certainly more than a stop on I-70. Taking a look around is worth it. As for the interstate, it is nearby, but hidden enough to make this a nice place to be. I can certainly recommend this as a good place to stay for travelers.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end of the wing, which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went to Colorado for a 10 day motorcycle tour of the area over the recent July 4th holiday. We stayed at Georgetown Mountain Inn on two separate occasions for a total of three nights. On the first night we checked in and double checked our reservations for the return trip. We discovered that we had made an error in dates when booking originally and now there were no rooms available for the night of July 3rd. The manager took the time to double check the bookings and was able to secure the two rooms we needed. In addition to helping us with our mistake he allowed us to leave our trailer and truck in the hotel lot while we toured on the bikes. He went out of his way to help meet our needs. The hotel itself is simple, clean and well cared for and it is a great value. We would stay there again, no doubt about it. Thanks for making our vacation worry free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

What a find! We turned to Georgetown and the Georgetown Mountain Inn as a late night last resort when we got kicked out of Denver due to every Denver hotel being booked (not exaggerating). We were tired and stressed, and called ahead to see about a room. As we were traveling with a 55 lb. dog, this limited our options. We reserved a room at this Inn and were so relieved to find it nestled in one of the most beautiful mountain hamlets I've been to (only 45 minutes from Denver).

Our room was nothing fancy, but it was clean and comfortable, and we were extremely grateful to have it. We didn't spend much time in it as we were busy exploring the town. Right next door was a bar and grill where we ordered a delicious take out pizza. And we were delighted to find a dog park (how could we be so lucky?!) just kitty corner to the Inn where we met and talked to a friendly local while our dogs played.

We had a beautiful hike on a trail recommended by the guy at the front desk (maybe the owner?), who was up bright and early at 6:30 despite having stayed up until 3:00 am checking in more last minute guests from Denver's overflow. I highly recommend this Inn and this town for a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
St. Joseph, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We loved the log room, super location (off the Interstate), friendly staff, exceptionally low price and lots of good food close by. We'll go out of our way to stay there everytime we go thru the area. They are pet friendly and he loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you very much for the review. I really appreciate it and I let every employee know about all our reviews. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the local restaurants.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was satisfied with my stay during my ski trip. Rooms were in decent condition although walls are thin. Luckily my neighbors were quiet. Little bit of grime in the bathtubs but usable. Minimal toiletries in bathroom so definitely bring your own. The hot water runs out also so be warned. The wifi worked well from our room. The property is old as others have mentioned but it does have a rustic charm to it. The bed was comfortable and the microwave worked. The room fridge desperately needed defrosting but it worked. My son enjoyed the hot tub and indoor pool. Breakfast consisted of only muffins and juice/ coffee so we ended up purchasing our items in the nearby convenience store. There is a good restaurant next door, the alpine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
pannam1,

I appreciate the review.

Our hot water heating boilers are about two years old, so we should not be
running out of hot water. I've checked the settings. For future guests, please
let me know and I'll likely be able to get em running and the hot water
up in minutes. Sometimes they need to be reset is all.

With the majority of people bringing their preferred brands of
toiletries, we provide additional soap and all in one shampoo/conditioner
upon request. Tooth brushes (teeth brushes?) as well.

Not sure if it was your room, but I did just clean a shower drain
and we had a new houskeeper working when you visited.
There are a lot of items to keep up on every day with our 33 rooms,
hot tub and indoor heated pool.

As I mentioned in the previous response, there are five breakfast/lunch restaurants
within about a half mile as well as the convenience stores and Kneisel and Anderson.
Plenty of lunch and dinner places nearby as well.

Dan

I'm happy to hear from guest
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The Georgetown Mountain Inn is an old property that desperately needs to be updated. Believe it or not, there's no air conditioning (just a ceiling fan and a floor fan), no mini-fridge, no microwave, and (amazingly) NO in-room coffee-maker! Further, don't ask for a "wake-up call" because they don't do that -- even though their in-room guest brochure says that they do! And my room went for $90 (plus tax) on a week-night. The mattress had seen better days, too; so my sleep was fitful. And the sound-proofing between the rooms needs to be upgraded. On the plus side, the cable TV system had more than one hundred channels -- although there were no "premium" movie channels. There was also free coffee, juice, and (smallish) muffins in the lobby area each morning; but for skiers and hikers, that isn't much of a "breakfast." For skiers, Georgetown is a great "base" because there are seven or eight major ski areas within a short drive. (Loveland Valley and Lovevland Basin, for example, are less than 15 minutes away.) So this is a great location. But the Georgetown Mointain Inn has seen better days and is now overpriced for what it delivers.

Room Tip: In the winter, ask for a first-floor room. When it snows, the second floor walkways can be slippery...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hi tgw51,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review.

I am sorry your stay was not perfect. Your review brings up a theme of
people who do not talk to me or a staff member (as far as I know) while
they are here. We are happy to accommodate as much as we can - if we know
at the moment.

Had you let me know, I would have been happy to let you try a
different room/mattress as that is a very subjective area and
the mattress in your room is fairly new.

Also, we have in room coffee makers upon request and I would have been happy
to move a fridge and microwave into your room. We do now have fridges and microwaves
in all rooms except one (two rooms when you visited) and I do move them as needed. One refridgerator just died and we need to purchase one more microwave.

Regarding wake up calls, the alarm clocks we provide as well as cell
phones alarms now do the trick for most and we will change the language in the
brochure with the next publication.

As for pricing, I am not going to apologize for spring break pricing
and, of course, a business has to keep up with operating expenses.
Although the owner intends to put air conditioning in certain units - revenues
permitting - air conditioning is not generally needed at 8500 feet - particularly in winter.

We do offer coffee, muffins and juice daily from 7 AM to 11 AM. Although it is Continental
Breakfast in the original definition, we just say coffee, muffins and juice now to be clear in our marketing. Full breakfasts are available at restaurants within a half mile (at the most, more or less): Ed's Cafe, Happy Cooker, Mountain Buzz, Whistle Stop, and Blue Sky Cafe.

Thank youfor your visit.

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Heated pool, outdoor hot tub (tiptoe through the snow to get there).

This isn't Aspen, but nor are the prices. I picked it because it was the only place with availability for 100s of miles along I70. Wasn't sure what I'd find, but it's fine.

It's a motel, has what you need, free coffee in the reception, free wifi in the rooms, warm, what's not to like. The decor isn't IKEA, but it fits with the fascinating town of Georgetown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GTMI, General Manager at Georgetown Mountain Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Mr. Walker,

I am glad you found a decent place to rest your head.

We try to be a reliably good place to stay because, like you said,
people don't know what they might come across.

A tip for travelers is to use Google maps and street view.

I really appreciate your comments and time.

Thank you.

Dan

Been to Georgetown Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!