Georegetown is a small village along the interstate. It is known as a historic place with some old buildings. It is the nearest place to Loveland ski area. It is so small that there only a few hotels there. Mountain Inn fills the niche of basic and rustic, yet not too industrial and customer friendly hotel. It has been under a new management since January 2012. Dan, the new manager, lives on the property and makes everything he can do within his budget and abilities to make this place better and to eliminate many of the complains which customers had in the past - from improved customer service to renovation and to web and social media presence. He is very attentive to the needs of the customers. All stages of my interaction with him in late October of 2012 - from telephone reservation to checkout - were better than I can remember at any hotel. There is some refurbishment work going on, so some rooms may look newer than the others. There were reports of noise coming from the freeway, but this was not an issue at all in my room. The room was spatious and clean.
Having said that, there are many creature comfort items which became standard in the hotel industry which are not offered, or at least one has to ask for them.
1. The breakfast is minimal (juice/hot chocolate/coffee and mini-muffins), and the full breakfast choices around the hotel are between limited to none, depending on the season. To be fair, this inn was never designed with the breakfast in mind - there is just no room for offering breakfast, so those 10 square feet of space allocated for snack is the best the manager can do. It is still better than nothing - if nothing else, it makes you warm and cozy in the morning. I ended up buying bread, cheese, and yoghurt at a food store to make my own breakfast and ate it with hot chocolate from the lobby.
2. There are no coffee makers in the room and no hot water in the lobby outside of breakfast hours. When I asked for hot water to make tea, the lady at the front desk told suggested that I boil water in the microwave. She would be better off just apologizing for not being able to offer it.
3. There are no pens in the room and nothing to write on.
4. Irons and ironing boards are not offered in the rooms but one can borrow one from the front desk if needed.
5. My table had a fabulous wooden table but - as one can expect with a motel build years ago - there was no electrical outlet anywhere near it. For those who plan to work on a laptop, it could be an inconvenience. Even the task of finding where to plug in a charger can be somewhat challenging.
6. The motel offers only soap - no shampoo or conditioner.
7. Microwaves are fairly new, but their indicator panels are very bright and are faced against the bed - which bothered me when going to sleep.
8. Pillows are small and just two of them per bed. I was lucky to have two beds for me alone, so I used all 4 pillows - which worked out great for me. I could not say that matresses were not comfortable.
9. The motel has not switched to electronic key cards yet. You get a real key. Feels a little unusual but works just fine...
On the positive side, there is a free Wi-Fi, there is a computer and a printer in the lobby to print a boarding pass, there is a hot tub in the backyard (which did not look too inviting for me since it was cold outside, but I saw people using it), and a quite small swimming pool (which could benefit from some repairs) enclosed in an outdoor structure which resembles a hot house. The parking is conveniently located right by the building on almost all sides of the motel, so there is always a possibility to park close to your door or stairs. The building is just 2 floors, so there is no elevator. There is no fitness center at the inn. The location is within short walking distance from everything in Georgetown, and just a block from the freeway entrance. There is a pizza place (which is ranked as #1 restaurant in Georgetown on Tripadvisor) right in front of the motel, and Euro Grill (another top ranked place) is across the street.
To summarize, it is a quite decent place as long as the visitor calibrates his expectations and does not expect that it will be an equivalent of a Hilton at as Super 8 price. It is simple and rustic, lacks some minor things offered by bigger brands, but it is clean and friendly, and the reasonable price reflects the offered level of amenities. Fine place to stay when you travel on budget.
Some people complained about room service - but I actually liked that they have room service on request. I knew it was available to me on any day or every day if I wanted it, but I have chosen to live without it and I liked that I do not have to worry about leaving my belongings lying around the room as I want and do not need to worry arout room maid misplacing them. I do not need fresh towels and new linens every day. This practice is environmentally friendly and helps to cut down the cost (nothing is free - every service we get is a part of the room price which we pay).
And the last but not the least, I am grateful to the manager Dan for his attention and his efforts to make every visitor's stay as pleasant as possible. People like he make a difference in the hotel industry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms with king size beds, 2 doubles, 2 doubles and a single, 2 queens, and a suite with a bedroom and a full kitchen. Upstairs and downstairs rooms available. Heated indoor pool, outdoor hot tub. Wireless internet included. Coffee, muffins, and juice included. Pets allowed in designated rooms. 5 Minute walk from Historic Georgetown, and 5 minute drive from the Georgetown Lake. 11 Miles to Loveland, and A-Basin, Keystone, Breckenridge, Copper, Vail, and Winter Park within 60 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, T4B, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Georgetown Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Georgetown Mountain Hotel Georgetown