After reading all the reviews, I was prepared for an old hotel, but was still pretty amazed by how run down this place is. Since I was just going for a ski week-end with old friends, we didn't really care, and the price was right at $59.00 through the Ski Loveland website.
It is actually a motel and has a very early 70's vibe. The furniture and TV is all very old and mismatched, the plywood floors are covered in ratty old carpet, and yes, the towels are frayed and the sheets are thread bare and stained. The most interesting point is there is NO maid service, so I wonder if the sheets are ever cleaned, or just reused? We still managed to have a good time, but beware of the "breakfast" it is nothing more than store bought muffins served in a tiny room, nothing else, the pool area is "nice" but very, very funky--it looks homemade, like an old hippy built it one weekend with stuff lying around the property. There are lots of rocks and pebbles and stuff in the pool. The hot tub water was really cloudy, so I didn't get in. The craziest thing, is they have rustic, pine wood headboards that are truly dangerous!!! You WILL hit your head repeatedly on these headboards--you can't avoid it. I can't believe they haven't been sued yet--it would be so easy to replace the headboards!!! And yes, the walls are PAPER thin. You can hear every word, every footstep, every shower of every other guest. As long as you know all this going in, and want a very weird, retro experience, then go ahead. I don't think the room is worth more than $30.00 a night, if that. For breakfast, go to the Happy Cooker in historic downtown. Great breakfast, wonderful service.
- Also Known As:
- Georgetown Mountain Hotel Georgetown
- Georgetown Mountain Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rooms with king size beds, 2 doubles, 2 queens, and a suite with a bedroom and a full kitchen. Upstairs and downstairs rooms available. Heated indoor pool, and a hot-tub. Wireless internet included. Breakfast included. Pets allowed in designated rooms. 5 minute walk from Historic Georgetown, and 5 minute drive from the Georgetown Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Fareportal , Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Georgetown Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.