“the dream of all dream weddings!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary 3rd night
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gateway
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Loma, Colorado
“the dream of all dream weddings!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Gateway Canyons is Paradise! We had our daughter’s wedding there and from start to finish, the resort is top notch. Denise Wall, the Event Planner took exceptional care and was there for us throughout the weekend. Her detailing was impeccable and i can honestly say not one thing was missed and she thought of things before I could ask. This is quite a feat as I am a Professional doing events and I have taken part in thousands of events in my career where I have worked with Presidents, entertainers, and dedicated professionals to their field over the years and my family was afraid I wouldn’t be able to let someone else handle the wedding event for our family. I couldn’t have asked for a better event. Tammy Anderson was attentive and also took time to do personal touches to make our wedding memorable. and was always there for us from planning to the actual event. The Banquet Staff is something out of a book, they were unobtrusive, effective, professional and well trained but mostly friendly and kind to our guests. Jason was always available to make sure things were exactly as we planned. Outstanding! Chef Warnock completely went over the top with his food. In all my experience, I have never had such a great meal and I was proud that it was for OUR special occasion. The Chef’s meal will be forever immortalized in our minds as the best meal ever. We had some guests attending that also were professionals in the food industry and their reviews were “best meal ever” and “I can’t begin to tell you how great the meal was” and “Outstanding”. Chef should be commended on his work and representation of the resort. The spa staff, the air tour group and the adventure center took care of all of our guests as they found their way to activities to experience the area and I can proudly say there was not one negative comment. Everyone was treated well and their guest experience was positively amazing. I would recommend over and over again the talents and services of Gateway Canyons Resorts for family, corporate or leisure events. Thanks especially to Denise for making our dreams come true with our wedding. It was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gatewaycanyons, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
I am almost speechless after reading your astounding review. I really can't thank you enough. I know that you have planned thousands of events and to receive a review like yours is the highest compliment! I agree that Jason, Denise and James are exceptional and I appreciate that you noticed too! I believe this will mean the marriage is off to a great start! I hope the couple will decide to come back each year to celebrate.

Thanks again,

Director of Resort Lodging & Guest Experience

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The therapists at the spa were friendly and highly skilled. They made me feel at home instantly. A great place to relax, unwind and take in the scenery.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
gatewaycanyons, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Thank you very much for your review of our Spa. We want you to feel at home, while you relax and rejuvenate, and I am happy you were able to do this. Please come back again and enjoy some of our other amenities too!

Warm regards,
Director of Resort Lodging and Guest Experience
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

There is a real air of unprofessional-ism when it comes to the spa. We scheduled three adult massages: 3 PM (60 minutes), 3 pm (90 minutes) and 4 PM ( 60 minutes). I was the 4 PM, although over the phone I was told they would try for 3 PM. Upon arrival I was told that 3 PM wasn't possible, but I was on for 4 PM. OK, fine. I settled down with a book. I was shocked when they took a walk-in at 4 PM, and made me wait and wait. At 4:45 I left and cancelled the (non) appointment. Go back again? Not a chance!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback and understand your disappointment. We apologize for the miscommunication in the Spa. We always strive to take care of our guests and ensure they have the ultimate guest experience. Our Spa Manager would appreciate the opportunity to correct the situation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We staied for the Forth of July weekend, they did fireworks on the night of the third and did an excellent show. The restraunt crew didn't plan well for the BBQ but the food was good. The rooms are beautiful. We staied at the Kiva Lodge and had a large room with a private patio and hot tub. There is a beautiful pool in the middle. While the town is beyond small (less than 500 people) the resort offers a great spread of activities. The staff was attentive to needs and very friendly. Also, 3G/4G doesn't work on your phones when here, it's kind of nice to take a break from cell phones. Wi-fi works well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
gatewaycanyons, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for visiting during the 4th of July weekend and for writing your review. I am happy to know you appreciated our fireworks display. The Gateway Unaweep Fire Department takes a lot of pride in showcasing them for the Resort. I understand why you may feel the restaurant crew didn't plan well for the BBQ, but the honest truth is that we planned for a 300% increase from 2010, but we had a 600% increase in attendance. We really had no way of knowing we would be that busy. I truly hope you understand. I am sorry you were unable to get cell phone service during your stay. I do know that some service plans do not work in Gateway, but 3G/4G with ATT does work. I think we have found that sometimes it is necessary to turn our phone off and then on again, although a break from cell phones can be rejuvenating. Thanks again and I do hope you will return to Gateway soon. Maybe for our special BBQ Blues on September 3rd?

Respectfully,
Lawrence, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

We had been visiting friends in Grand Junction and were looking for things to do towards the end of our stay . Not knowing the area , my sister suggested we take a drive either to the Grand Mesa or possibly through Unaweep Canyon. I'm sure Grand Mesa is beautiful, but we elected to tour Unaweep instead. Amazing ! and that was just the first 40 miles or so. We had no idea what lay ahead of us and then we pulled into Gateway ,Colo.. Not much of a town , but as we turned the corner just past Gateway-holy smokes! There it was. We were like , what is this? We drive in to the facility and like any astonished tourist would be , our heads were turning back and forth trying to take it all in. The next thing we see at the resort is this huge auto museum. That was enough to grab our attention right there. It's not all that the resort had too offer, not by a long shot. We parked at the museum , went inside and -Pow! No way . Words can't describe this place. Inside were the most impecibly displayed collection of gorgeous classic cars I have ever seen. Classy , classy , classy. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable in every way. The gentleman who welcomed us , Mark , I believe he said he was the manager , was superb . I couldn't believe that he was so willing too show us and tell us about all the vehicles . I have been too other museums of various sorts , but this guy knew his stuff. My husband was like a little kid in a candy store , and the staff blew us away with their hospitality. I wish we had stayed there instead of Grand Junction. They showed us around and we even stayed for lunch. Good eats. Next year, forget Disney, and come check it out for yourself. There is so much this place has too offer. We'll definitely be back. Excellent in every way.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
BRAVO! What an excellent review. I am so very pleased you chose to drive down beautiful Scenic Unaweep Tabaguache Highway to visit our stunning Resort. I agree with you completely, I could not have said it better. Although you enjoyed some of what we have to offer, there is so much more. Please come back and stay for a night or two and enjoy our award winning spa, Air Tours, adventure activities, Stables and fine dining at our special Entrada Restaurant. I would like to send a special thank you to your sister, for suggesting you come this way.

Thanks again,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I've been to some of the loveliest places in this country, and this is by far among them. I would even go as far as to say it's in the top 5. This resort is so beautiful and the scenery would be difficult to beat. The rooms are top-notch, with attention paid to every detail. It is so pristine and unbothered by 'normal existence'. Whether you're near or far, it will be worth every penny you spend to get there. I give this property an enthusiastic pat on its back. I'm only an hour away, and I'm planning to spend every free minute I have exploring this historic and humbling site. There are very few places on this Earth that compare to its exquisite beauty and historic offerings. Congrats to John Hendricks, who undoubtedly knew what it meant to truly relax and discover.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
gatewaycanyons, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Your fabulous review was a pleasure to read. I also believe we are one of the most beautiful places to stay, with the scenic red rock canyons as our background. History and culture surrounds the mysteries of this area. I invite you to explore with our Adventure Center Activities like ATV Tours, rafting, hiking, biking, climbing, horseback riding and end with a rejuvenating spa treatment. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Warm regards,
Westminster, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We did not stay at the resort however the Marketing Manager took us on a tour of three of the rooms for a future stay. He was very knowlegable, friendly and we can't wait to return to Gateway Canyons Resort. We ate in the Resturant and toured the Auto Museum! I can't say enough about the grounds, rooms, museum, spa and other amenities. The surroundings were beautiful, truly a 'gem' in this vast canyonlands. They even had an on site store for more goodies. I can't wait to get my bike on the surrounding roads and tour more of 'Gateway' beauty.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
gatewaycanyons, Guest Relations Manager at Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 16, 2011
I very much appreciate your wonderful review of our beautiful Resort. The Unaweep Tabaguache Scenic Highway is one of the most amazing in the country and bikers love to ride to Gateway on this route. I do invite you to come back and explore all that we have to offer. Thank you again for taking the time write this review.

Respectfully,
Director of Resort Lodging and Guest Experience

Been to Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!