“Good location and nice pool” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Good location and nice pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Good location for access to ski areas. The hotel is a standard Holiday Inn near the highway. To get to downtown Frisco you need to drive. The pools and sauna were a nice surprise. Service was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Travel_Meister2,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We value your opinions of how we hosted your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive remarks on our convenient hotel location and friendly staff service. Our goal is to make your stay the best it can be and it looks like we accomplished our goal. We look forward to making your next stay even more memorable. Thank you again.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Littleton, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Don't eat in the restaurant, terrible service and bad food. Couldn't find a server and when we did they made us feel like they didn't want to help us. Rooms were pretty clean, won't stay there again though.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Lee M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience your restaurant experience may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Cuba City, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Halls needed cleaning, not the cleanest Hotel. Very disappointed. TV did not work. layout terrible-had trouble finding lobby! Had to be moved to a different room - took attendant 10 minutes to bring new keys. New room very smokey, especially for a non smoking room! Nothing in snack shop? Why have it? This was the worst Holiday Inn ever stayed at! If this was the standard, would never stay again.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Trish T,

Ben J
San Clemente
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

To begin with the room I was given had not been cleaned. The front desk quickly switched me to a different room, upgrading me to a suite. As a solo traveler it was a waste. I chose the Holiday Inn because there was a restaurant adjacent to it. That was a HUGE disappointment. After a long week of traveling I was looking forward to a nice sit down meal that I didn't have to drive to, but only the bartender was working. I waited over 5 minutes to try to get her attention, so I gave up and went back to my room for a while. When I went back about 10 minutes later it was not improved. Finally I got her attention and she said that it was up to me, but that she wouldn't get to me for a while. I left and went elsewhere. Additionally, the WiFi had very poor service. The location is very nice, but I doubt that I will return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear CaliFlower57,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is good to know that after some initial issues you had with your room, this was rectified quickly. Please accept my apologies for the level of service that you received at the hotel bar during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Dunwoody, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Facility is in a good location and reasonable maintenance. Strongest points are the staff. Very good folks at the front desk, they try extra hard. Did not eat there, can't say anything about food service. Parking is easy and so is in-and-out to the road. Good location. Whole facility is a bit dated and heavily used. Price was right and that's important. Would stay again, but might look for something a bit different the next time around. You can do a whole lot worse for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear William S,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel were not to your liking. I am pleased that our staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service. I was glad to hear you did appreciate our great location.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Jaime W
Greenville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed at this Holiday in a few days for business. During my stay there was basically no Internet Service available at the hotel. Addressed this with the front desk staff at least twice a day, just to be given a phone number (not local, not toll free) for some help line to address the Internet topic. After 3 days there was still not Internet access.
Room cleanliness was average at best, empty coffee cups, etc. were not picked up by cleaning staff. My room was facing the back of the hotel. Very noisy starting at approx. 5am due to trash pick-up and other delivery traffic. Sleep quality was poor due to the noise issue and the fact that trying to maintain a reasonable temperature in the room was impossible, AC shut off randomly during the night and did not come back on. Also, AC unit was rather noisy when it actually did come on.
Only ate breakfast once at the adjacent restaurant. Breakfast was supposed to start at 6:30am, but this is when they opened the place and the staff starts showing up. Actual breakfast could not be ordered until approx. 6:40, it took another 10 minutes for some coffee, and another 5 minutes for some eggs with bacon to show up. Eggs were average, the bacon rancid and inedible. Simply a joke for almost $11.
Long story short, I have stayed in much nicer places for half the cost, I will certainly not be coming back to the Holiday Inn in Frisco, CO.
Even the offer posted at the front desk, to receive an extra 1,000 points if you post a perfect review for this hotel online, will not change my decision to NOT return!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear DaddyScholz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the challenges you had with Internet. We also apologize you were not satisfied with our breakfast selections and the service you received. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Lee's Summit, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

my husband and I stayed her for a weekend and I got bed bug bites all over my legs. I notified the holiday inn and so far--nothing has been done. worst hotel--if you enjoy begs stay here. I ended up going to the doctor to get something for the itch and for all the bites.--this really sucks!!!! pluse to get to our room we had to go done the hallway and when we got to our room--there was no hall light. its was pretty small and drity

Room Tip: don't stay in room 130--bed bugs
Green Features: bed bug motel don't stay!!!! beware they just want your money
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear patty s,

Regards,

Karen C
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County? Share your experiences!