“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersGold level
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, service and willingness of the people to help, every request we had was fullfilled immediately.

The hotel location is perfect, gas station, convenience stores bike and ski places across the street.

Highly recommended

• Stayed August 2013
kd0089, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the Holiday Inn Summit County! We truly appreciated your comments and are happy to know we gave you a 100% satisfactory stay. Hopefully, you can visit us again in the winter for some great powder skiing and rentals from Team Managers across the parking lot!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We weren't expecting anything special because it's a Holiday Inn but were pleasantly surprised. The room was large and clean with flat screen and HD. Firm comfy newer mattress and nicely decorated. We needed this one after a long day of driving across all those mountain roads.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review! We really enjoyed reading your comments. A nice bed and many HD channels are always needed after a long day of driving winding Rocky Mountain roads. We are very glad we could accommodate you with these amenities. We hope you can come back in the future and enjoy the many outdoor adventures Summit County has to offer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We came from telluride beautiful place horrible resort.we stayed at mountain lodge 4 star resort room was very small and the bed felt Like a pile of rocks had to pay $20 a night for parking then we arrived in frisco we were going to stay in breckenridge but decided we like it in frisco better smaller town read reviews from past guest surprised by there complaints loved the room and wonderful shower everything was clean and tidy ate at the sports news grill fantastic food friendly staff no complaints from us bed was soft pillows were terrific enjoyed are stay I would definitely return can't say the same for mountain lodge in telluridge payed triple the amount and was very disappointed great job hoilday inn and staff

• Stayed August 2013
kd0089, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Summit County! We are so happy to know you had a wonderful time. We also invite you to review the restaurant. We hope to see you again soon!
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in Frisco this weekend and had a great stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. Our only complaint is that our room was supposed to have 'mountain or lake views' and when we pulled back the curtains the majority of our view included dumpsters and work trucks. We could see a glimpse of the lake in the distance, but it wasn't what we expected. Overall it was a pleasant stay and we would return to this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at our property. We are so happy to know you were comfortable during our stay (some say our beds are like sleeping on clouds) and you thought the hotel was in a good location. We hope you were able to visit the Town of Frisco and neighboring towns with great shopping and hiking trails right out the back door.
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was prepared to like this hotel. When I walked in I was greeted with a clean, recently remodeled lobby and what appeared to be a more casual desk staff then I'm generally used to seeing at Holiday Inn/ IHG hotels. It had the appearance of a privately owned hotel that just operated under the Holiday Inn name.

Anyhow, I was ready to like it. I checked in but they didn't have a room assigned to me since I just made the reservation an hour prior to my arrival. This seemed to have the older desk clerk confused & befuddled. Apparently they pre-assign rooms and hadn't had a chance to assign me one yet. He shuffled through some papers, found me a room and I was off.

My booking was for a mountain view room with a king bed. When I first entered the room I noticed the two full beds. Strike one. Then I figured I'd look outside the window. What's outside? Well, a hallway. No, not even a hallway... A utility room with un-used seats stacked up along a wall, some pipes, etc. Yes, the view outside my window was of a wall 4 feet away, 3 stories up, an area guests wouldn't have access to and that was clearly being used for storage. Apparently this hotel was remodeled a couple years back and management assumed it wouldn't be a big deal to cover up the windows on a few of the rooms. Seriously. In my life I've never seen a hotel hand out a room like this, let alone a Holiday Inn. Who approved this? Who said "Hey, let's cover up a few of the rooms so that they're looking at an interior wall of a utility room because, you know... that's a good idea. People will love it!". Seriously, whoever approved that idea, can them right now. They should be out of a job. They essentially made those rooms useless.

I'm a reasonable guy though. Once I got beyond the initial shock of a hotel actually trying to charge someone to stay in this room I went down to the desk clerk, this time getting the younger guy. I explained to him that I was a platinum IHG hotels member and that while I certainly understand that I'm usually not going to get the free room upgrade it entitles me to, that I still expect to be put in the room I booked. To his credit he was VERY apologetic, insisting that they only stuck people in those rooms when the hotel was near capacity. He was very helpful.

While he was re-assigning me another room the older gentleman who checked me in the first time asked what the issue was. At first he asked if the room was dirty. I said no. Then he asked if there was a problem. I very nicely said that I booked a king, mountain view and received a double full bed, hallway view. His response was "You can't really see the view at night anyhow". I paused a second and laughed, then realized he wasn't entirely kidding, in fact, he wasn't kidding at all. I said "you're not serious, are you?" and he never responded, just continued to look befuddled and confused that I would expect what I paid for. He wasn't even helping me at this point and still managed to act as if I was an inconvenience.

So I get my new room assignment and go check that out. "Mountain view" is a pretty loose term at this hotel. I was placed on the second floor overlooking a parking lot. In between the other hotels I could see mountains. This isn't a mountain view though. It's a parking lot view.

Enough about my specific situation though, let's say you book a room and get exactly what you booked. What about the rest of the hotel? Well, it's good and it's bad.

Recently remodeled - The common areas are modern and clean. The rooms are clean and relatively modern.

Small rooms - There's really nothing the hotel can do about this. It was built in a time where hotel rooms where a lot smaller. That's not necessarily bad unless you're traveling with a youngster and need to fit a pack and play.

Lobby layout - The first floor of the building is needlessly confusing. There are ramps everywhere and no direct access to the elevators. You need to either take a ramp down to the 1st floor (despite entering the hotel on the 1st floor?) or take a ramp up to the second floor.

Elevators - You need a degree in elevator-ology to understand these. I happen to have one and still they managed to confuse me. So there's two elevators but three call buttons. You've got your traditional up and down buttons and then you have a button that says "6". Ok, that's peculiar. No idea what that does, don't press it. So you press the up button and the elevator comes. You go from floor 2 to floor 3 only the elevator says you're on floor 5. Oh and that "6" call button? Apparently you don't press the up call button if you want to go to the 6th floor; you press the 6. I didn't press it but I imagine that in keeping with the theme the elevator would probably tell you you're in the basement when you arrived on the 6th floor.

Cleanliness - The rooms are for the most part clean but do have a must to them. Both rooms I got had this smell. It's not a deal breaker but it's there.

Overall, this is a decent hotel that falls short in the details, is false advertising their mountain views and lacks in the service department (at least with respect to the middle aged desk clerk with the accent). There's the potential for this hotel to be very good but it would really require some intervention from Holiday Inn. In it's current state it isn't being run to the standards of the brand. It's being run like someone's personal hotel who's using the Holiday Inn name to pull customers and nothing else.

I suppose during peak season when skiers are tripping over eachother for a place to stay this doesn't matter. During the middle of the summer for a frequent traveler that expects some consistency from the brand, it does.

Bottom line: in the off season when there's not as much demand, avoid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We are happy to hear you noticed our recent remodel and it fit well with what you were hoping for. Thank you for your feedback regarding the room type descriptions online. We will work to improve our descriptions so they match more appropriately with what we offer.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I get it. Sometimes the room attendants miss a few things, they check it done, and they move on... We checked into our room and found the bathroom had been skipped. We called down to the front desk and the man there said someone would br up in seven minutes. We left and came back 1 hour later, still not clean. I called again, and the front desk assured me someone was currently on their way! 15 minutes later (we were waiting for bathroom to be cleaned so we could get ready to go out for the evening) still no one arriving to clean so I called again. This time they did not pick up my call. 20 minutes later, two people showed up, did a cursory wipe down, left a few towels and replaced the used soap, and left. I called to switch rooms and they said they were booked... no switching. This hotel is bad, the service is worse.

• Stayed August 2013
kd0089, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We have covered your concerns with our housekeeping staff as well as our front desk team who was working that night. It is very important for us to provide 100% customer service and to help all guests have a great 10, excellent, I loved it stay. We take all feedback seriously so we can improve every day. Thank you again.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff was helpful and friendly. I made last minute change to my reservations and I had to wait for a room, but they gave me some free drinks at the bar while I waited. Some very obnoxious folks at the bar, but I don't know that that is the norm. Nice décor, clean room, and a comfy bed.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your 5/5 review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and are very happy you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County? Share your experiences!