“Solid 3-4 stars, not scary at all” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Solid 3-4 stars, not scary at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I didn't experience anything like the negative reviews on TripAdvisor. Much of the furnishings of the hotel were recently updated, and our room was clean and comfortable. Parts of the building are a bit dated, like the elevator, but not bad at all. Better than paying Breck prices.

Our only negative was that the hotel breakfast took quite a while, probably 40 minutes from sitting down to having food in front of us. Given that most guests are trying to fill up and get to the ski slopes, it would be a lot smarter to offer a buffet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your response about your vacation at the Holiday Inn! We are so pleased to hear your comments and after going through such an extensive remodel, its great to hear the benefits of the remodel from our guests. It is always our mission to please guests with customer service and upgraded amenities, such as the granite in the bedrooms/bathrooms, new beds, and excellent mountain/lake views, so it is a pleasure to hear our efforts have paid off. You are right on cue when you suggest we should have a buffet style breakfast. We are implementing that in the next few weeks in the restaurant, complete with eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes and more. We will also be offering specials on bloody mary's and mimosas! We look forward to your visit again so you can experience your personal request in the restaurant! Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Superior, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was trying to score a room in Breckenridge via Priceline when I was the proud winner of a room at this property about 15" away. I was disappointed initially to report back to my wife, "I got a pretty good price on a room, but...." The whole weekend worked out great with this as our base of operations.

At check-in they were able to get us a room with two double beds (we're a family of four). My daughter enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool (which was plenty warm and had about five other kids swimming in it at 8 pm). The sauna took a little while to warm up, but it was nice. Wifi worked fine for all our iDevices, and it was free.

The complaints are minor. I had to remind them to remove the feathered pillows because of allergy issues. While there is a 4-cup coffee maker in the room, I was disappointed there wasn't coffee in the lobby to top off my cup before we headed out. All of these were no biggies in the grand scheme.

Main Street in Frisco had plenty of restaurants, so we didn't each at the property. There's a ski rental place in the same parking lot; however, we got outfitted across the highway at Pioneer because they to reservations online and let you pick up your gear the night before.

Are my wife and I going to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary here? No. Would we stay here again for a weekend skiing trip with the kids? Definitely.

Room Tip: Might want to make sure your room is not by the fire escape. Door to outside slams shut.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your enthusiasm around our property and amenities! We really enjoy knowing what we have done well for our guests as well as what aspects of a stay can be improved. When you do stay here again, feel free to visit our restaurant on-site, the Sporting News Grill, as our new chef makes the best ribs I've ever eaten! Your advise to have a coffee pot in our main lobby is well received and we are looking into that option. Thank you again for your wonderful compliments!
Peyton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our 3 night stay at HI started out a little bumpy. There is a distinct disconnection between the 1-800 line, internet, and the actual property. Mainly, our grievance includes inaccurate information about room amenities and continental breakfast. Our biggest concern was that the information given on-line and 1-800 was inaccurate, but the hotel was absolutely generous in everything they could do to accommodate us. We are truly thankful! Staff was always friendly. We have been Priority Club members for years and thus were entitled to an "upgraded" room, but I am unsure how you can upgrade 2 standard beds! Beds were neat and comfortable, room was clean. Pool was cloudy and COLD, but the sauna and large hot tub made up for it! The hotels needs to cover the large front windows, as seeing the pipe and insulation detracts from the overall appearance of the front entrance.

Room Tip: Room 209 had a window with a "view" of an indoor closet. IF you require an outdoor view...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for bringing the 1-800 and 3rd party booking sites to our attention. I am in the process of changing our main photographs on those sites to illustrate the remodeled picture of the pool as well as interior shots of the lobby and restaurant-the Sporting News Grill. I am also working on removing the information about continental breakfast. We will be offering a new type of breakfast on the weekends, an egg/pancake/waffle/etc. buffet with specialties on bloody mary's and mimosas. I am pleased to hear our staff accommodated you well despite the situation with 3rd party booking, and I know they will be happy to hear your compliments.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Entire staff was extremely helpful throughout our entire stay. Showed up early for check in and the receptionist went out of her way to get me the room I requested early. The waiter in Hotel restaurant went out of his way to help my kids with special requests. Asked for a late checkout and it was granted enthusiastically. I can't say anything fantastic about the room itself. It was a pretty standard hotel room. No fridge or microwave. Tiny bathroom. We were not looking for anything special so the room suited us fine - it's the service at this property that I feel earned it a higher rating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you so much for the review you listed on the Holiday Inn Summit County tripadvisor web site. We really appreciate everything you mentioned about the service you received, as we really do our best to uphold the highest customer service standards with every hotel and restaurant employee. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the requests you had were answered in a timely fashion and answered your needs. Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay again!
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. As a priority club member, was told we got upgraded but the room did not seem like an upgrade, just an average clean room with a comfortable bed. Staff was friendly, but not overly outgoing.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor at the very end of the hallway, it was quiet and comfortable, tho a bit d...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your response regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Summit County. We look forward to each Priority Club Member who visits us and we do our very best to offer them as many "priority club amenities" as possible. An upgrade with our hotel does mean the view (either facing the mountains or lake) is much improved over a standard room. Each room is relatively equal from the inside, it is the outside view of Summit County which adds value to the room. When you visit us again, please feel free to mention these concerns to our front desk staff and we can better accommodate you as a priority club member!
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Frisco for a weekend ski trip. I will start positively, and acknowledge that the room was clean. We have two young kids, so we planned to use the pool. However, it was cloudy with a layer of scum on the top, and the water was freezing cold. The hot tub was similarly filthy. This clearly is an on-going problem for them, because I remember reading another traveler's comments about this before we went. And, although the hotel's website shows two hot tubs in the photograph, there is only one. (The other has been covered over with decking.) The most frustrating part of our experience however, is that we paid twice for our stay, and I have been unable to get the manager to return my phone calls on the matter. We originally booked our stay for December, but canceled when our son got very sick the day before we were going to go. We had pre-paid a non-refundable stay, but the person my husband spoke with said it was no problem to cancel, and our credit card would be refunded. A few weeks later, we re-booked our trip, and afterward realized that they had never actually credited our card. I called to speak with a manager and was told that she wasn't sure that she would be able to help me, as it was non-refundable, but she would speak to her supervisor and call me back by the end of the day. She never called. I waited a week, and called to speak with the general manager. I left a detailed message, which was never returned. Unfortunately, not cancelling the first trip was not an option, as my 7 year old was so sick he didn't get out of bed for two days. I understand their policy, but I expect that the staff would be trained well enough to not make promises to customers that they have no intention of keeping. At the very least, I would have expected an apology. Instead we paid an extra $500 for a mediocre road-side motel. We will definitely never stay at any Holiday Inn again, and have told many people about our experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn. We are always looking for ways to increase the communication between the staff here, 3rd party booking sites and customers, so I appreciate your feedback on ways to improve this. The web site you are referring to has new up-dated pictures and I thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can fix this immediately. As busy weekends increase the number of occupants in our pool area and other facility, we strive to uphold the standards of service and cleanliness and create an individual experience for each guest. In this instance, we experienced a challenged motor for the pool based on the number of occupants. We have fixed this issue as well as the colder water you may have experienced because of the colder outside temperatures we have had in Summit County as of recent.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I recently stayed at this Holiday Inn. I usually stay at Hilton properties but there but there are none in Frisco. They were great upon check in. My room was fine, average motel room. The room looked fairly modernized. Clean enough. I was supposed to stay 2 nights but had to leave at 2PM on the second night of my stay. They let me check out without any problem or extra charge. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn! Our front desk staff and housekeeping team pride themselves on the guest service they provide and cleanliness of the hotel. After a recent renovation, our upgraded features in each room help guests feel at home with granite counter tops and new beds, so we are glad to hear that it suited your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County? Share your experiences!