“Not what I expect of IHG and Holiday Inn - very disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersGold level
Altanta, Georgia
“Not what I expect of IHG and Holiday Inn - very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Summit County Frisco in CO this past weekend for a buddies ski trip and was not happy with the stay. When I checked in on Thursday night, the kid at the front desk assigned me and my 3 friends (all grown men) to our room: we were pre-booked on a non-refundable rate. We got to the room and there was one king bed - tight squeeze for 4 men! I went back to the desk and he said he couldn't find my reservation. He assigned me to a different room with 2 beds (their doubles are more like fulls) and we went to bed. The next day, we got off the slopes and our room keys had been deactivated. We went back to reception to get new keys and then saw that our room wasn't cleaned. About 2 hours later when we were relaxing, a couple unlocked and came into our room! Apparently, they had checked someone else into our room. I went back downstairs and asked them how that could happen and they said they couldn't find the original reservation and must have thought the room was vacant. Next day, our room keys are deactivated...again!!! And they said that my credit card was declined (because I got a new credit card since I made the original booking). But why would they try run my credit card when it was fully prepaid?? Basically, they said that the owner wanted to talk to me and when I went back down, the owner was nowhere to be found. I left my cell phone number and the owner still never called me. At least they gave us $40 in free breakfast for our inconvenience. Then, on checkout, they give me a folio for 1 night, instead of the 3 that they ended up charging my credit card. I am a Gold Priority Club member and am very loyal to IHG brands but was expecting alot better of Holiday Inn Summit County Frisco. Messing up my reservation that badly ensures I will not likely stay at another Holiday Inn again - it was a terrible experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for your response regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn. We appreciate your feedback and have worked through the computer system to fix any glitches that might have caused a double booking on a room. Our front desk staff works very hard to award every guest with anything that might meet their needs. I do hope that you will visit another holiday inn in the future, as well as ours, as computer errors are easily fixable and sometimes cause miss-communication. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed there for 1 week, and not enjoyed at all.
Rooms and bathroom smelled bad... the bed sheets doens't look to be changed when i get the room. Even the television remote control wasn't work. The staff are good, but should be more proactive.

there are some reviews in google places that are even worst...

Room Tip: Try other hotels... let this one as last option...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you for your input for our constantly improving hotel. All of our rooms and sheets are very clean so I will personally look into your long stay. Our staff will be glad to hear about your compliments and it is our mission to become better, proactive stewards for our valued clients. Thanks again for your business. We hope to serve you again soon.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

In a phone call prior to our to our visit "the most pleasant... helpful manager of the property" assured me that we would not be dissapointed in our stay. She was so right! The first words out of my mouth when I entered the hotel were "WOW" what a large, beautiful lobby, fireplaces and & all. At the front desk,we were greeted by smiling, pleasant, helpful staff... a similar experience with all of the staff we encountered. As we moved along to our room it became obvious that the entire hotel had been TASTEFULLY remodeled...our very comfortable rooom was no exception and the view from our window was SPECTACULAR. The hotel is in a GREAT LOCATION!...close to Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper, and Vail. My two "adult" daughters really enjoyed the quaint little village of Frisco along with many good places to eat.We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of The Holiday Inn Summit County, we are very pleased to read your enthusiasm for our wonderful, new hotel. It is beautiful here and thank you for your very generous review. The Town of Frisco has some great shops and restaurants and it sounds like your teenage daughters had fun. Please let us know the next time you stay at our hotel so we can help make it even more enjoyable and memorable. Maybe a summer trip next time? The sunny season here is fantastic aslo.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Our stay was good, just not great. The service was fabulous. Jessica, our waitress made a possible bad situation nice. The front desk clerks were pleasant. The rooms were clean, very pretty, and updated. The location is good.
But...the rooms have double beds, not queens. The pool was too cold to enjoy. The hot tub was disgusting. The water was cloudy to the point of not being able to see me knees and things floated by on the wayer's surface. And the picitures are wrong, there is only one hot tub.The restaurant had a 30 minute wait on the kitchen, which the staff told us upfront, but really? A Saturday night in January and you don't have a decent kitchen staff? And, unlike every other place in the area, there is no complimentary breakfast. Kids eat free, but we have teens. We just need a quick, light bite to eat in the morning, not a sit down meal.
All in all, if our other two favorite places are booked, like they were this weekend, I might stay here again. It's okay. Just not what I'd hoped for the money and name.

• Stayed January 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Just stayed at the holiday inn...originally booked 3 nights but extended for additional 3 because of the GREAT staff, not to mention they have a pool and hot to soak in after long day of riding...close to breck, keystone and a-basin...if u stay in summit county this hotel is a MUST

• Stayed January 2012
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Words can not describe the smiles on The Holiday Inn Summit County Staff faces when they saw your ringing endorsement of their dedication to our customers. Your review is very kind. Thank you very much for your valued business. Please let us know the next time you are planning a trip so we can prepare to exceed your expectations again.
Frederick, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Beautiful remodel. The staff are all so pleasant and helpful. The restaurant's food and sports bar are excellent and affordable. It is in a very convenient location close to Vail, Keystone, Copper Mountain and Breckenridge..
It is a warm inviting atmosphere. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I love the rooms with the balconies!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
It brings us immeasurable joy to see your reaction to our new hotel. The Holiday Inn Summit County has worked very hard to create a place that people love and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your business and we look forward to you serving you again sometime soon hopefully!
Lamar, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stayed at this location two nights and felt like the room was very nice, although the hallways were cool. The pool area with a very large hot tub was so nice, there were 12-15 people were having a grand time meeting each other and having nice conversation. They also had a sauna for your enjoyment. We were always greeted with a smile when we entered the hotel. Staff was knowledable with things you needed to know. They have done a nice job with the remodel of this hotel. Major improvement.

Room Tip: You have a great view from the 5th floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Andy B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for that very nice, thoughtful review. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of all our new upgrades. The hot tub is pretty awesome. We look forward to having you stay as our guests again soon. Thanks again for your valued business and that lovely review.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel Summit County? Share your experiences!