“Venecian Style Glassblowing at its Finest” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 5 attractions in Frisco
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: GatherHouse Glassblowing Studio & Gallery is located in beautiful downtown Frisco, Colorado.It is the working artist's studio of John Hudnut. John teaches classes and gives free public demonstrations on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday afternoons. Fascinating for all ages.
Silver Plume, Colorado
“Venecian Style Glassblowing at its Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I must visit on your trip to Frisco or Summit County. See the secret art of glassblowing revealed. Make sure to bring your camera!

Visited October 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Great experience outside of Murano Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend saw an advertisement for glass blowing demonstrations at the Gathering House Studio in Frisco Colorado, so we thought this would be something unique to do during our girls weekend. We were able to have "front row" experience with John, where he was very gracious in answering our questions and providing commentary during each step of the process.
I wanted to design my own wine goblets, which then morphed into me physically getting to assist in making one. This experience at the Gathering House was well above the tourist glass blowing experience I had in Murano Italy.

Visited October 2013
San Pancho
“Inviting, friendly and beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Gatherhouse glass studio is one of the gems of Frisco. The striking hand blown glass in the window caught my eye and drew me into the studio. I had no idea that owner/master glass blower, John Hudnut, would invite me to not only witness the creation of a spectacular glass piece, but also participate in the process! John's passion for his art is contagious and I learned a tremendous amount about glass blowing in just a few hours at the Gatherhouse. Thank you so much John and the Gatherhouse for such a beautiful, memorable experience.

Visited June 2013
Saint Johns, Michigan
12 attraction reviews
“Host was strange”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I think he was hitting on my 60 year old mom the entire time. Also, he was opening kilns right before us. Which normally would be cool, but I was standing so close, that I felt that my hair was singed off when he opened it without warning. Also, we didn't see any glass blowing when he inviting us in....strange.

Visited June 2013
COfamilytravelers, Owner at Gatherhouse, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our studio. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have given studio tours for hundreds of locals and tourists in last 10 years and pride ourselves in sharing a genuine behind-the-scenes tour of a working artist's studio. Providing a safe environment for our glass artists and guests is a priority so your comment will certainly be reviewed with all of our glass artists. If you come back to our studio we would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for either of us. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

John & Kate Hudnut
Owners
GatherHouse
Frisco, CO
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding experience with a master glass artist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my second class with John, the owner and master glass artist of Gatherhouse. After my first class last summer, an afternoon with John was number one on my list of things to do when returning to Frisco this summer. John helps you design your own piece, teaches you about the process of glass blowing and you get to assist in creating your own piece of glass art. Last summer I made a vase, this summer a plate. It is truly amazing to see John at work.

Visited July 2013

Been to Gatherhouse? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gatherhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later