“Nice atmosphere and friendly service, but average food for the price.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tuscato Ristorante Italiano

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th
Transit: While in Summit County, take the free Summit Stage to 6th and Main in Frisco for worry-free transportation to your next Tuscato meal.
Description: Centrally located on Frisco's historic Main Street, Tuscato has been a locals' favorite for fine Italian cuisine in a warm & casual setting since 1989. Come and enjoy classic Italian comfort food based on old family recipes, or try one of our nightly dinner specials featuring fresh fish, seasonal produce and handcrafted sauces. Our extensive wine list is designed to enhance your dining experience at an affordable price point. Voted Best Italian Restaurant in Summit County 4 out of the last 5 years according to a readers' poll in the Summit Daily News.
Evansville, IN
“Nice atmosphere and friendly service, but average food for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went with my father and our three kids (18,15,11). They place bruschetta on the table to start which was good, but I prefer the traditional oil mix with a softer bread. The bean soup was delicious. Ceaser salad was average. One son had a steak which was cooked perfectly and tasted good. Another had the crab pasta which was also very good. My scallops with angel hair were average at best. Very flavorless and the pasta was mushy. My father ate a chicken best which was average. My usband had the ziti and it was also mediocre. My daughter had the kids spaghetti and again it was.and and over cooked. There was one glass of wine which was wasr than room temp and three sodas. $160 + tip. I think we will stick to their happy hour next time and eat discounted appetizers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Reservations needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We were lucky enough to make dinner reservations for 8 folks at 7pm early in the day so I suggest calling to ensure you get in. During dinner a large amount of folks w/o reservations were not interested in the 35 to 45 min wait. The place is well appointed and upscale. Our waitress Tabitha was fantastic and didn't miss a beat. Everyone at the table was very pleased with their meal of large portions of pasta. The traditional calimari was good but the marinara put it over the top as did the tapenade on the table. Would recommend for special events since its not a place for the family based on prices.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Italian food in Frisco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Prices were a little high, but the food was good and the service was excellent.

Visited June 2012
“Old stale food. False advertisement: vegetarian dishes not vegetarian; extra virgin olive oil just plain oil”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Warning for vegetarians: the menu advertises vegetarian dishes that are not, as they use cheese that is animal rennet based (enzyme acquired from the stomach of a slaughtered animal). The chef had no idea what it means or what is a difference between a vegetarian and non-veg cheese, which is scary in a restaurant that charges $15 for pasta. The bottle of oil on the table sports a "first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil" sign; trust me, it is not. At best it's plain olive oil but judging by the fishy aftertaste, it may be a mix with canola. When my plate came out, I thought it was a joke. The eggplant looked like it was a frozen breaded blab. It was mushy, tasteless and oily. The pasta that came with the dish was just plain overcooked precooked penne, perhaps with a splash of some oily substance. The side of vegetables was boiled broccoli and squash that wasn't drained properly so there was water on my plate. Sadly that was the only edible part of the dish. I do not consider that an edible $14 dish! No Italian I know would put this food in his mouth. Frozen supermarket food is much better quality.The whole place smells of desperation and it will continue until they stop lying and start offering fresh food with the use of quality ingredients.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Good Stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

After deciding to abandon our dinner plans at another, less than thrilling restaurant in Frisco, we decided on Tuscato. The experience was great. We were seated promptly and the service speed was very brisk. The tepanade served to each table was very flavorful and nicely chilled. The salads were fresh (the house dressing is tasty vinaigrette of some sort). My wife had the cheese ravioli and though they were just right. I ordered the veal with Gorgonzola and toasted pine nut cream sauce. I asked if I could substitute chicken for the veal and was accommodated with no hassle. When the check arrived the server was classy enough to charge me for a chicken Marsala instead of the veal dish (a fair savings of $9). The place wasn't fancy, pretentious or expensive. We'll be back.

• Visited June 2012