“Clean, quiet & priced really well” 4 of 5 stars

Summit Inn
1205 N Summit Blvd, PO Box 540, Frisco, CO 80443   |
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
Shawnee, Kansas
“Clean, quiet & priced really well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed one night after a camping for a week. We usually stay at the hotel across the way, but they wanted $100 more for their room and because we were only staying one night, we decided to pick this place. We stayed here before in 1999, so felt comfortable staying again.
Check in was very easy. Got our key (which is a real key, not a plastic card) and went up to our room. I don't think they have elevators, but it's only two stories and we are young:)
I had my husband and my two kids (ages 5 & 8) with me. Our room was all the way at the end of the hall. Walking into the room, the first thing I noticed was the smell. It smelled SO bad! I opened up the windows & turned on the a/c. I'm pretty sure the smell was from the a/c. Once it got going and the room was able to air out, we never noticed the smell again. Even after being gone for a few hours, it didn't stink when we came back. Phew!
The bathroom was clean. The towels were old, so I used the ones we brought.. Whoever installed the shower basin didn't put any chalking down or something because that thing creaked like you would not believe. I felt bad for anyone in the room below!
The carpet was clean & it didn't creep me out to walk on it. The beds were pretty clean.
The WIFI didn't reach our room, so I had to sit out in the lobby area. It's cozy.
The entire hotel is very quiet. I know there were other people in the rooms next to us, but I never heard them!! Not once! How many times have I been at a big chain hotel & I heard ever word uttered from people next to us or in the hall. Not at this place. That was my favorite part about this place :)
Really, for the price, this place is great! I don't know anywhere in Summit County where you can get a room for well under $100 that is as decent as this. They may not have all the luxuries, but it is clean & quiet!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I picked this hotel to be closer to the airport for a morning flight on my way back from Aspen. The hotel is clean, competitively priced and a comfortable place to stay. There is a restaurant/bar near the building, but a better and larger selection in downtown Frisco. The owner is helpful with suggestions, and his continental breakfast got us off to a good start. The hotel is easy to find... the sign is visible fro I-70 and it's just around a corner from the exit.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We recently stayed here when our favorite Frisco hotel was already booked. While this hotel may not be very modern, it's clean, quiet, and in a good location. My only real complaint is the continental breakfast, which is extremely limited - orange juice, coffee, tea, one kind of cereal, and a few pastries. Some fruit options would be great!

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed here during the summer for an overnight stop and it was ideal. The manager was friendly and recommended a wonderful place for us to have dinner (Hacienda Real). The hotel is quiet, very clean, and what a nice change to be able to open up a motel window to enjoy the fresh mountain air! The continental breakfast hit the spot in the morning. The room was very clean and everything worked fine. Super - low price in the summer, which was appreciated. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FORT COLLINS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Price and reviews attracted us for a short stay. room comfortable and clean, good TV, and, best of all, you can OPEN WINDOWS for fresh air. my wife can't sleep with an A/C running so I was relieved to be able to open up the sliding glass-rare to find these days. we had a second floor unit--no elevator, so if you can't handle stairs, request first floor. skimpy continental breakfast, but we weren't paying a price to warrant better. will stay here again--have to reserve ahead--popular due to price and location.

Room Tip: no elevator--just be alerted if this is an issue. some highway noise on our side with window open, m...
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is a hidden gem,clean comfortable rooms,nice decor,helpful employees.It was one of the cheapest places around, .Located near the main street,quiet and safe,Stay here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Saint George, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights while vacationing in the Frisco/Breckenridge area. This was one of the cheapest hotels in Summit county that also seemed to have good reviews. We went in not really knowing what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. One night we needed a corkscrew, and they lent us one and had us leave it in the room afterwards. Definitely nicer than having to run out to Walmart to buy one late at night. They also allowed us to fill our cooler up with ice from the ice machine, which is usually not allowed.

The maid called us one morning, as we had accidentally left the do not disturb sign on our door for quite a while, and asked us if we needed our room cleaned, or new towels or toiletries. While we were not in desperate need at the time, it made the hotel seem much more personalized than some of the bigger hotels in the area.

During our stay we stayed on both the first and second floors. Both rooms were very clean, and both had a working refrigerator, a comfortable bed and nice flatscreen tvs. The hot tub downstairs was a nice way to end the day. There was a sauna as well, but we didn't spend much time there and I'm not sure it was working totally right.

Our only complaints would be that the breakfast that was offered was very sparse, the hot tub closed at 10 pm (which seemed a bit early to me), and the checkout time was a rather early 10 am. For the price, I think we paid around 60-70 a night, this hotel is stellar. We honestly enjoyed staying at this hotel more than we did at the more expensive Village Hotel in downtown Breck.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Summit Inn? Share your experiences!