“A Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Definitely a step back in time but the rooms have been well maintained and were very clean. Beds were very comfortable. Some negative comments have been made about street noise but we heard absolutely nothing. Great location that allows for a casual walk to restaurants in "Old Town Frisco".

Room Tip: Unless you are traveling light, we would recommend rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I would definitely stay here again. Amazing value for the location. All the food and entertainment is right outside your door! Very simple cont. Breakfast included but we went out for homemade donuts across the street at the candy store! Great fudge there too! Our room (51) had a newly tiled shower and the room was very clean. Comfy beds too and I am picky as I have had back surgery twice. Staff was super friendly to us! I will try to post a photo collage of the room!

• Stayed August 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Service was terrible and room was not as advertised. Advertised as a suite with 2 rooms and 2 queen sized beds. What we got was one room with 2 queen sized beds. When we approached the front desk to ask about this, the attendant was rude and asked us with a whole lot of attitude "well what is it you want me to do for you then?" after which he also then said there was nothing he could do for us. It was not so much that we did not get the second bedroom, but the attitude we received when inquiring about not getting what was advertised. When we asked about the second room he said the living room was the second room. That was never mentioned on the ad.

If you are going to be deceitful about your advertising then at least offer somewhat decent customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Green County, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Clean, neat as a pin, comfortable, $65 for a mid-week stay in July - great value. Nice beds. If you're looking for all the upscale amenities - this is not your place. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable place to relax - this is perfect. You can walk to dozens of restaurants and shops. My dining recommendation is Peppino's - about 1 block away. Best pizza ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here during the summer for a few days. The location was unbeatable! You are located right on the historic main street with plenty of places to eat and shop. Beautiful flowers decorated the entrance to the front office. The motel breakfast area is small but had a nice selection of breakfast items for everyone in our family. The bathrooms were newly renovated and very clean. We had one ventilation issue with a smoking room backing up to ours but the office staff graciously relocated our room. If you are hot natured, you might check for rooms with a/c. Our room had just a window fan but the temps kept the room fairly cool. The room itself is basic but did offer power strip outlets so we were able to charge all the family electronics. The desk clerks were all really friendly and helpful on our visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oceanport, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked into the SnowShoe Motel due to it's location in Frisco, which is on the bus route that serves Breckenridge and Copper Mountain. Unfortunately, my 1st floor room was kind of under the stairwell, so I didn't get much natural light, or get to watch it snow outside. On the other hand, it was clean and comfortable, and the bus to Copper picks up right in front (Huge plus for me). The hot tub is in a spare motel room, which is pretty weird. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and anything that you want do in town is no farther than a three minute walk, which is great. I would stay here again, but I think that I would ask for a second floor room next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

After five years of staying at Snowshoe, I have to admit the front desk guy was so rude he made me want to go somewhere else the next time we ski in Summit County. Any clerk should be helpful, this is the hospitality industry.

I brought a box of nice chocolates for the two front desk staff as a thank you to them. The senior front desk clerk told me he is on a diet and wouldn't eat it and I said to save it for the girl clerk. He put it away somewhere and when I asked later, he yelled at me for asking about it. I don't know if the girl clerk ever got any of the chocolate.

I also wondered why our bill was considerably higher than the same time last year and I checked online in my room, with the website price about $30 less per night than what the front desk guy charged us. On our last day, I asked about the cost he quoted vs their website price. The front desk clerk was so rude and loud, I was embarrassed. Other quests eating in the breakfast room could hear every word. It was not possible to have a reasonable discussion about the rates, the guy was just yelling. This is simply not a way to interact with guests.

Room Tip: Ask which rooms are recently redone.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Snowshoe Motel? Share your experiences!