“Reasonable alternative to the higher prices in Breckenridge” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 53 Restaurants in Frisco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant in Frisco (opened Nov 2010.) I had an excellent meal there and would like to give it a review.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Reasonable alternative to the higher prices in Breckenridge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Visited with a family group of 7 for a light dinner and the consensus opinion was that the food was above average. Several tried the Chicken Pot Pie and enjoyed it - although it has a pastry crust, but is not a traditional pot pie. My wife had the Portobello Mushroom sandwich and thought it was wonderful. I had their Cheeseburger with fries and a salad - the salad was good, the burger was very good, but the fries were terrible (cooked ahead of time and kept luke-warm under a lamp till they dried out before serving). Service was fine.

Visited December 2013

Castle Pines, CO
“Excellent service and fabulous food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

In the heart of downtown Frisco, this is a real gem. While they were busy, we still received attentive, friendly, excellent service. Payton was our server and he gave us tips on the menu items which proved to be great choices. As the New Year begins, I was trying to limit my carbs, he was happy to replace the yummy au gratin potatoes with fresh veggies on my portobello, mozarella cheese, basil with roasted tomato entree. Great selection, others enjoyed ahi tuna tacos, fabulous chicken pot pie and butternut squash raviolli. Wine list was well-rounded and with a nice selection. We will return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great late night dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in the Frisco area late on a Monday night. We assumed that we wouldn't find a good place for dinner without a reservation. Luckily, Fifth Avenue Grille had a cancelation, so we were able to get a meal. And, a great meal it was. From the butternut squash ravioli to the buffalo steak, all four in our party were happy with our meals. We will return.

Visited December 2013
London, England
“Good Grilles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Not quite as good as Farley's Chophouse, which it replaced, but there may not have been room in Frisco for Farley's and the Blue Spruce which were both quite similar at least in price. Still, I am fairly sure the new incarnation is cheaper. They do good food. I tend to stay in Frisco for at least a week each year and do the rounds of the better restaurants. I have been to this one each year since it took over from Farley's and I'll be going back.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Quaint neighborhood grill surprised us with superb taste, value and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We discovered this quaint, comfy, warm, neighborhood grill while shopping in Frisco, wandered in for a drink, and after hearing the dinner specials from the waitress, decided to stay for dinner. I had the local trout, which was so moist and flavorful, and my daughter had the beef tips, which were done to perfection at medium rare, with a texture and taste of petite filets! We were there early and took advantage of their special - any entre plus crisp Caesar salad for $19. What a value, especially visiting from Houston, where I would have expected to pay +$50 for this combination, quality service, and fine food! We'll be back skiing in Keystone for the winter and will definitely make the 5th Avenue Grill one of our regular dining spots!

• Visited October 2013