“Dog friendly and great location” 4 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lakewood, Colorado
“Dog friendly and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had stay here several times and would come back again and again. Great location, great service, friendly staff and great for our dog. Only downside I think it's time for some TLC, for painting and fixing some heater and bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
arlington,va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel Frisco is in an excellent location and parking behind the Inn was good. its more of an Inn than a hotel, we were assigned a room in back on main floor, looked decent, beds looked lumpy but were ok for sleeping, main complaint is the lack of adequate electrical lighting, so dingy like in Eastern Europe back in the 1970's, bathroom was ok, hot water shower faucet difficult to adjust, someone could get burned, towels seem to be on damp side, toilet when we first moved in had what appeared to be a crack discoloration and later after flushing a few times was red hair, maybe from a dog?? Security was nonexistent , ground floor room could be easily broken into, terrace faces parking area, nice to have a terrace but less secure since anyone can reach your deck and room via stairs and window, maybe upstairs rooms were better. lodging price was ridiculous in $150 range, will seek better facility for next visit

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We parked our truck behind the hotel and didn't get back in it for three days! This wonderful place is located in the heart of Frisco, there is public transportation available and SO much going on in town. Roger (owner) was extremely accommodating; helping us to figure what restaurants to go to for what we wanted, sharing info about the history of the hotel that dates back to the late 1800's. The 2nd floor lobby area is a great place to just chill and read/get on their computer (or yours) or enjoy one of their cheap CO beers.
We plan to go back this fall.

Room Tip: 1st floor is right next to the outdoor hot tub. We liked it because it was so close. Maybe it'...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The fact that this hotel is perfectly located and pet friendly win the stars for me. In the middle of July, our second floor room #205 got up to 88° in the afternoon, but cooled down nicely once the sun went down. (No screens on windows) We spent most of the day outside anyways. The people were friendly enough and $2 beers (good selection of microbrews) and a great patio made for an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed July 2013
azle tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great location in downtown Frisco. Easy parking/free behind the lodge. I loved that people gathered in the lobby and library common areas in the evening to play cards, read, talk, and hang out and meet new people. The rooms are small (probably why people gathered in the common areas-LOL), no air conditioning (nice fans though). Our king size bed was VERY comfortable- the linens were soft and the free toiletries were Philosophy brand. There was free hot coffee, tea and oatmeal (with toppings) available 24/7- nice touch. Our room had a screen door that led to the hot tub(nice)- which I thought might be a noise issue- but people who stayed there were respectful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed here in the past and loved the convenience and wonderful service of this charming hotel in the Rockies. This past winter will be the last time I stay. The place still looks adorable, but that is a hold over from the previous owners/managers. The new manager, Roger, was rude and unhelpful from the moment I walked in the door. I should have picked up the cues, but since I always get a nice homey feeling as a repeat customer I wasn't 'shopping.' The new staff didn't tell me what they offered, didn't give me a repeat customer deal like they used to (it was a small discount, but it's more the intention than the cost), didn't offer to show me to my room or help with luggage, and acted 'put out' and affronted that I wanted to chat with them about the place. Avoid this place now, it was once the jewel of Summit County, it suffers from new poor owners.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Over the past year I have traveled all over the country, and stayed in a number of hotel rooms. This by far was the best room for the price I have ever gotten. This is the first time that my husband and I have traveled in Colorado. We chose Hotel Frisco at random, and it turned out to be a great choice. We called only a few hours before we wanted to check in and were able to get a room. I doubt it would be that easy during their peak months, but it worked out great for us.

The rate was $80 a night for a queen sized bed, and I felt it was well worth the price. I have stayed in rooms that have been much more, and received much less in return. Our room was stylish, with quality bath products being offered such as Aveda and Philosophy brands. Some have complained that the rooms are too small, but I disagree. The room was the perfect size, without a ton of empty space. The room was stylish and modern. There were end tables, an extra chair for seating, numerous pillows, and a flat screen tv with DVD player. In addition, they offered many digital cable channels.

There were no problems with noise. In fact, it seemed as though we were the only guests staying here, although I know that was not the case. The hotel has a perfect location in the center of Main St., but while we slept with the window open, there was not a lot of noise coming from the street even though our room was facing the street. The location is perfect, with many restaurants and shops surrounding it.

One of the best things about the hotel is that they are pet friendly. It may be easy to find a pet friendly hotel, but most often you are compromising on quality. Our room at the Hotel Frisco did not look like any pets had ever stayed in it. There were no stains on the carpeting, or the bedding.

It seems as though the owners have taken the negative reviews to heart, and have worked diligently to improve the hotel. There were screens in the windows, new carpeting, and a great tv. I found it comical how many people complained that they did not have a free breakfast, but I do not know where it says this should be a requirement of hotels. We are already planning our return visit! I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Alpine Inn
Snowshoe Motel
#6 of 23 in Frisco
3.5 of 5 stars 117 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ptarmigan Lodge

Been to Hotel Frisco? Share your experiences!