“Great location, Ok hotel, pet friendly.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Frisco to your Saves list
Hotel Frisco
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   308 Main St, Frisco, CO 80443   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Frisco
“Great location, Ok hotel, pet friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The fact that this hotel is perfectly located and pet friendly win the stars for me. In the middle of July, our second floor room #205 got up to 88° in the afternoon, but cooled down nicely once the sun went down. (No screens on windows) We spent most of the day outside anyways. The people were friendly enough and $2 beers (good selection of microbrews) and a great patio made for an enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
azle tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great location in downtown Frisco. Easy parking/free behind the lodge. I loved that people gathered in the lobby and library common areas in the evening to play cards, read, talk, and hang out and meet new people. The rooms are small (probably why people gathered in the common areas-LOL), no air conditioning (nice fans though). Our king size bed was VERY comfortable- the linens were soft and the free toiletries were Philosophy brand. There was free hot coffee, tea and oatmeal (with toppings) available 24/7- nice touch. Our room had a screen door that led to the hot tub(nice)- which I thought might be a noise issue- but people who stayed there were respectful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed here in the past and loved the convenience and wonderful service of this charming hotel in the Rockies. This past winter will be the last time I stay. The place still looks adorable, but that is a hold over from the previous owners/managers. The new manager, Roger, was rude and unhelpful from the moment I walked in the door. I should have picked up the cues, but since I always get a nice homey feeling as a repeat customer I wasn't 'shopping.' The new staff didn't tell me what they offered, didn't give me a repeat customer deal like they used to (it was a small discount, but it's more the intention than the cost), didn't offer to show me to my room or help with luggage, and acted 'put out' and affronted that I wanted to chat with them about the place. Avoid this place now, it was once the jewel of Summit County, it suffers from new poor owners.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Over the past year I have traveled all over the country, and stayed in a number of hotel rooms. This by far was the best room for the price I have ever gotten. This is the first time that my husband and I have traveled in Colorado. We chose Hotel Frisco at random, and it turned out to be a great choice. We called only a few hours before we wanted to check in and were able to get a room. I doubt it would be that easy during their peak months, but it worked out great for us.

The rate was $80 a night for a queen sized bed, and I felt it was well worth the price. I have stayed in rooms that have been much more, and received much less in return. Our room was stylish, with quality bath products being offered such as Aveda and Philosophy brands. Some have complained that the rooms are too small, but I disagree. The room was the perfect size, without a ton of empty space. The room was stylish and modern. There were end tables, an extra chair for seating, numerous pillows, and a flat screen tv with DVD player. In addition, they offered many digital cable channels.

There were no problems with noise. In fact, it seemed as though we were the only guests staying here, although I know that was not the case. The hotel has a perfect location in the center of Main St., but while we slept with the window open, there was not a lot of noise coming from the street even though our room was facing the street. The location is perfect, with many restaurants and shops surrounding it.

One of the best things about the hotel is that they are pet friendly. It may be easy to find a pet friendly hotel, but most often you are compromising on quality. Our room at the Hotel Frisco did not look like any pets had ever stayed in it. There were no stains on the carpeting, or the bedding.

It seems as though the owners have taken the negative reviews to heart, and have worked diligently to improve the hotel. There were screens in the windows, new carpeting, and a great tv. I found it comical how many people complained that they did not have a free breakfast, but I do not know where it says this should be a requirement of hotels. We are already planning our return visit! I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. We were told our room (100) was quiet and it was. The bed & bedding were comfortable. We liked the entry and upstairs library/office area. It was fun to walk a few blocks for dinner.

• Stayed April 2013
Newtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

When I stayed here before, I experienced gracious hosts and a clean well-appointed room. Not so this time. I truly felt like the inn- keeper thought I was a nuisance, especially when I expressed my discomfort with a stick of wood in the slider to the shared balcony as the only 'lock'. Yes, I know Frisco is a safe little tourist town, but a solitary female traveller needs a bit more than a stick of wood in the door to feel secure.
Maybe I was in an old part of the building this time, but if this had been my experience last time, I certainly would have not come back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Larkspur, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had two different stays in March at Hotel Frisco in conjunction with hitting the slopes for winter fun. The rooms here are spotless with new bathroom fixtures, nice linens and a flat screen TV. The place is across from Tuscato's in Frisco as well as near many great happy hours (most are from 3pm - 6pm) with 1/2 price wine, beer and appetizers, which is a fun activity après-ski (French: after skiing). The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed the oatmeal bar in the morning and free Wi-Fi. We did not experience any odd noises and had two quiet nights. There are boot and glove heaters for guests on each floor. Cute historic hotel in Frisco and the free parking in their lot was handy.

Room Tip: Stay away from room #300 if possible as it is very small. Some rooms have bathtubs and some rooms ha...